• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV iFruit app released (iOS) - customize cars on the go / Chop tamagotchi

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't have a smartphone or a tablet. Nothing I do in the game seems to affect Chop's happiness meter. Brilliant.

Almost, almost as good as the Injustice costumes.

I don't have a smartphone or a tablet. Nothing I do in the game seems to affect Chop's happiness meter. Brilliant.

that seriously fucking sucks. absolutely terrible game design, shameful even. does the game rub it in your face in any other way? like, "download iFruit on your Apple phone to enjoy this feature!". how does it tell you you can't use Chop properly unless you get a new phone?

calder

that seriously fucking sucks. absolutely terrible game design, shameful even. does the game rub it in your face in any other way? like, "download iFruit on your Apple phone to enjoy this feature!". how does it tell you you can't use Chop properly unless you get a new phone?

From what I've seen, nothing in the game references the outside app at all beyond the loading screen tip that says it's a thing you can search for.

Certainly in the game if you don't know about the iFruit app you'll never know Chop can learn stuff outside the actual game. And it's all pretty pointless anyway, whether you play with Chop in the game or train him in iFruit he's pretty useless.

From what I've seen, nothing in the game references the outside app at all beyond the loading screen tip that says it's a thing you can search for.

Certainly in the game if you don't know about the iFruit app you'll never know Chop can learn stuff outside the actual game. And it's all pretty pointless anyway, whether you play with Chop in the game or train him in iFruit he's pretty useless.

I'm pretty sure they mention the app in some in-game notifications when Chop starts staying at Franklin's house.

When his happiness is low and you target him to give commands, the game will have a hint saying to use the app. Bullshit of the highest order.

Gadirok

Its even worse for me. I have an ipad and I got all the useless upgrades on chop and he still won't become happy. I wasted atleast a few hours making him happy and nothing I do will fix him in GTA V from becoming happy. I think its a syncing problem or something because everything else goes except his happiness meter.

When his happiness is low and you target him to give commands, the game will have a hint saying to use the app. Bullshit of the highest order.

Even worse when some don't even have iOS devices. I mean this ipad was a gift. I really prefer to use other devices over my ipad and it just plains sucks that alot of people are left out of the loop on this.

I'm convinced this worked out like the PvZ2 deal with EA and apple.

Dead Man

I had an annoying message pop up every couple of minutes when playing as Franklin in the early part of the game. Irritating as hell.

So how does Chop learn to sniff out collectibles if that isn't even one of the things you can teach him in the app?

And for everybody flipping out because they can't use the app...don't. It's a buggy mess, the app itself isn't even fun unless you just want it for the social club stuff but it's not even optimized for iPhone so you have to pinch and drag every page just to be able to read anything. The Chop stuff is boring as hell and is becoming a chore. I'll probably delete it right after I get my question above answered.

I downloaded the iFruit app and got my custom plate, custom cars, taught Chop new tricks and got a gold collar because I got a gold medal for each
shitty
mini-game.

So, my question is this: If I delete the app will my unlocked goodies from GTA V disappear or will they stay? I need to clear up some room on my mum’s iPad for her...

Does it work yet? I tried for like four days and it worked one time, then I stopped bothering, and realized that it seemed pretty pointless anyway.

You can make a purchase list for vehicle mods and keep playing this Tamagotchi thing to be able to make Chop sit and whatnot in the actual game. Also it removes the pile of turds.

It's something I guess, but...
Hopefully this has made them realize better what demand there'll be when GTA Online launches.
I downloaded the iFruit app and got my custom plate, custom cars, taught Chop new tricks and got a gold collar because I got a gold medal for each
shitty
mini-game.

So, my question is this: If I delete the app will my unlocked goodies from GTA V disappear or will they stay? I need to clear up some room on my mum’s iPad for her...
I'll delete my app and check (oh wow it's almost 500MB). I would assume it stores/backs up that data either on a server somewhere or gets baked into your save file. Can't quite recall if my Chop collar changed back or stayed the same once it had managed to connect that one time.

EDIT
Chop's still get his collar and knows the two tricks I learned him. Just now he won't ever do them. So, no difference at all.

I'll delete my app and check (oh wow it's almost 500MB). I would assume it stores/backs up that data either on a server somewhere or gets baked into your save file. Can't quite recall if my Chop collar changed back or stayed the same once it had managed to connect that one time.

EDIT
Chop's still get his collar and knows the two tricks I learned him. Just now he won't ever do them. So, no difference at all.

How lame. The app is more or less useless then since everyone will soon delete it. Thanks for checking though!

EDIT: Well at least I get to keep the shinny new gold collar for Chop. I guess that is something? Right? -_-
LOL.

dex3108

Sooooo iFruit for android is still a thing? It is really unprofessional from R* to delay android app for this long.

Sooooo iFruit for android is still a thing? It is really unprofessional from R* to delay android app for this long.

i'm still waiting for it too. my Chop is really unhappy and runs away and i can't teach anything to him..

ffs Rockstar just let us use the dog in the game without having to buy an iphone, please.

It's really dumb. I played the game just to be able to teach Chop tricks to use in the game. But now every time I want to do anything with him he refuses because he's unhappy and also there's shit everywhere.

I'd play with Chop in the real game a lot more if I could make him happy just for going for walks and also clean up after him.

It's really dumb. I played the game just to be able to teach Chop tricks to use in the game. But now every time I want to do anything with him he refuses because he's unhappy and also there's shit everywhere.

I'd play with Chop in the real game a lot more if I could make him happy just for going for walks and also clean up after him.

just use your iPhone bro.

Piers

Haven't found much incentive to use Chop in the game. I guess it is to encourage exploring on foot, but the map is so vast and everywhere save for towns/city is just empty filler. Sending him out to hunt for goodies isn't really worth it.

Dred-I

Neo Member
I try and take chop everywhere. He would have actually been useful if i would have realized i could take him with me anywhere earlier in the game. I find that if i use the app 10-15 min prior to loading up gta then chops happy and ready to go. He finds weapons, letters, spaceship parts and attacks people if i get in fights. One thing i hate is if im out in the world sometimes i accidently send him home and i wish i could call him back without going to get him.

udiie

I gotta ask, why do people care about a digital dog so much? I mean chop wasn't even that useful or entertaining... The app (dog part, at least) is a crappy tamagotchi clone that most certainly isn't fun.
Maybe I'm just old and bitter.

I try and take chop everywhere. He would have actually been useful if i would have realized i could take him with me anywhere earlier in the game. I find that if i use the app 10-15 min prior to loading up gta then chops happy and ready to go. He finds weapons, letters, spaceship parts and attacks people if i get in fights. One thing i hate is if im out in the world sometimes i accidently send him home and i wish i could call him back without going to get him.

goddamnit, Chop helps finding letters and spaceship parts? argh.. i would LOVE to explore on foot with Chop helping me. WHY. WHY ROCKSTAR WHY!?

I gotta ask, why do people care about a digital dog so much? I mean chop wasn't even that useful or entertaining... The app (dog part, at least) is a crappy tamagotchi clone that most certainly isn't fun.
Maybe I'm just old and bitter.

maybe some people like dogs, and like the idea of a well-animated dog companion in a massive explorable open-world game, especially if the dog is helpful when exploring? i just really want to use the feature (i've wanted a dog companion in GTA since forever), and it fucking irks me to no end that i can't, simply because i can't afford an expensive smartphone. the game alone was really expensive to me.

valeo

goddamnit, Chop helps finding letters and spaceship parts? argh.. i would LOVE to explore on foot with Chop helping me. WHY. WHY ROCKSTAR WHY!?

maybe some people like dogs, and like the idea of a well-animated dog companion in a massive explorable open-world game, especially if the dog is helpful when exploring? i just really want to use the feature (i've wanted a dog companion in GTA since forever), and it fucking irks me to no end that i can't, simply because i can't afford an expensive smartphone. the game alone was really expensive to me.

It's shit. Don't worry about it.

Eusis

I just wish that you could reach a point to unlock permanent happiness for Chop in the app. Once you earn everything there is literally no reason to keep bothering with it other than to maintain happiness, and it just ends up something like GTAIV's hang out times. Especially with all the bullshit legalese to get to the game itself.

... I also can't figure out how to get him to come along even when he is fully happy.

Top Bottom