• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV on March 13th: Alpha Protocol

AppleBlade

I can't wait for this game!! I want more RPGs set in today's world (or something that resembles today's world). I'm tired of all the sci-fi stars wars or lord of the rings fantasy stuff. I think that's why I liked Fallout 3 so much and recently Vampire: The Masquerade grabbed me so much.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Llyranor said:
Well, at least here the 'shoot' option pops up for when you want to shoot people.

Well he doesnt have party members that act on their own

Wrex and Ashley <3

I was really anticipating this game, and still am, but after those screens and footage only one thing is passing through my head.

Thank god it didn't stay on schedule for this month.

ilikeme

I'm really melting into the concept and setting of the game. I'm in on it for the pedigree of Obsidian and now they're actually giving me a hankerin' for some super-spy action. Good on 'em! I think it's a good, fun idea the direction they're going with this.

...is what I'd like to say, but the setting really turns me off personally. Great for super-spy lovers though. I prefer the quirky and fantastical air of D&D and Star Wars though.

..but I'll buy it and probably enjoy it very much anyway. The GAME seems fun and I sure hope the story is good. I'm anxious and excited!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wow at the panoramic night vision goggles. Though why are they wearing them in the daytime I wonder?

Azih

I will buy this game even though I'm thinking of going rental only for my games soon.

Obsidian needs my money badly :(

HK-47 said:
Have they mentioned how customizable the backstory is?

Yeah, Avellone pretty much said you get to determine your entire backstory in the GTTV thing.

I'm fucking stoked. I'm sad to say that I'm struggling to play Torment because I never really played an isometric RPG like that before, so I'm struggling to get the control scheme and combat down. And then I feel like I'm lost so I feel like I'm making mistakes. But every long conversation I get in with a character, I fucking love. Maybe I just need to go through a Let's Play of the game or something.

Obsidian <3

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Skiptastic said:
Yeah, Avellone pretty much said you get to determine your entire backstory in the GTTV thing.

I'm fucking stoked. I'm sad to say that I'm struggling to play Torment because I never really played an isometric RPG like that before, so I'm struggling to get the control scheme and combat down. And then I feel like I'm lost so I feel like I'm making mistakes. But every long conversation I get in with a character, I fucking love. Maybe I just need to go through a Let's Play of the game or something.

Obsidian <3

The way I play is to say fuck to the combat and just dump all my stats in social or technical skills like int and such

ocadman

Graphics were meh, but everything else looked promising. Still plenty of time. I prefer to get my games on the ps3, but if 360 version turns out better, probably get that version, which will probably be the case since UE3 usually does on the 360.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mr_Furious said:
I wonder why your post lacks a pic from AP. Afraid of a direct comparison?

i'm also afraid of homeless schizophrenics but gaf forces me to confront that fear by interacting with hundreds of them.

Ramenman

Just watched the trailer and I'm pumped.

Really interested to see how it turns out.

Llyranor said:
Well, at least here the 'shoot' option pops up for when you want to shoot people.

Let's just hope there's no racist party member to pull the trigger anyway if you choose not to do it.

Edit : beaten I see.

Llyranor

For those worried about customizing MT's look, I guess this is one way you can go about doing it
1237221618_Mar09_01.jpg

HK-47 said:
The way I play is to say fuck to the combat and just dump all my stats in social or technical skills like int and such

Well, I accidentally let some dude ring some bells in the first area, so I can't talk to any of the dead people anymore. :(

But that is the way I usually play WRPGs (Fallout 3, KOTOR, KOTOR II, etc.) I love pimping out my talking skills. Makes it more fun for me.

Top Bottom