• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV on May 13th: Sony Surprise? [Almost Assuredly Starhawk]

Um, Warhawk was a solid game and super fun, but is it possible people are holding Starhawk up to expectations it can't possibly reach?

Warhawk was, other than Resistance, about the only solid online experience for the PS3 for quite some time.

Still, open mind an' all: what are people expecting will be amazing about Starhawk? Did I miss some juicy rumour?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
V_Ben said:
Keighley's Twitter;

I hope it's Drakan, Drakan 3 on Warhawk engine will be sweet( with online air dragons fight).

Please SCEA bring back Drakan :(

I want a new Drakan, Please, pretty please.

ConradCervantes said:
I'm hoping the name of the game is "Warhawk...In Space! Pew Pew!"

Certainly more eye-catching that silly Starhawk. Psh.

you mean complete with ellipses , exclamation marks and pew pew?
thats totally more awesome and less silly than Starhawk.

Verendus

Banned
I can't believe I haven't checked out Warhawk.

Just reading up on it now and checking out some footage. The game looks amazing: combat on the ground, in vehicles and in the air. There's also online multi-player which is split screen for up to 4 players!

Bloody hell. I haven't seen anything like this before. Yo GAF, does this game still have people playing online?

Either way, I'm going to be there day one for Starhawk. And by there, I mean at the door when the postman comes to deliver it.

Elixist

Irish said:
Damn you... This is what I actually want.

Downhill Domination is amazing isnt it? I still play it. War of the Monsters I'd just love to

see what they could do with a new version.

jett said:
Warhawk came out in 2007, didn't it?

Yeah, but wasn't sure if they started development right after that. Incog was just a shell by the time Warhawk was complete because so many people left for ESP.

As mentioned by others earlier, I do find the rumored revealing of a multiplayer-centric game while the PSN is still down humorous. I hope Geoff gives some snark during the interview.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, but wasn't sure if they started development right after that. Incog was just a shell by the time Warhawk was complete because so many people left for ESP.
ESP? I would say by the time the game ships, it will probably be 4 years.

Irish

Elixist said:
Downhill Domination is amazing isnt it? I still play it.

Absolutely amazing. Motorstorm kind of gives me a DD vibe, but it's still nowhere close to the feeling you get when you finally perform your first perfect run on each track. I also loved pegging people with water bottles.

I liked that actually hitting people is what got you attack upgrades.

Kam said:
I can't believe I haven't checked out Warhawk.

Just reading up on it now and checking out some footage. The game looks amazing: combat on the ground, in vehicles and in the air. There's also online multi-player which is split screen for up to 4 players!

Bloody hell. I haven't seen anything like this before. Yo GAF, does this game still have people playing online?

Either way, I'm going to be there day one for Starhawk. And by there, I mean at the door when the postman comes to deliver it.

Warhawk has way more features and depth compared to more "modern" games.

rdrr gnr

BpMgJ.png

6rDE2.jpg

Does the GT.TV logo usually have the stars in the background?

MuseManMike said:
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/BpMgJ.png[/IMG]

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/6rDE2.jpg[/IMG]

Does the GT.TV logo usually have the stars in the background?

No, the countdown logo usually has the game that they're featuring that week.

i, for one, would like an explanation by Dylan Jobe as to why he said he wanted to get away from Warhawk, but then immediately turned around to make the follow-up.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS IN NO WAY A COMPLAINT.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Revolutionary said:
Ha, the text is even stylized like the old Star Wars logos (kinda). I can't wait to see the game.
Holy crap man. I am so freaking pumped for this. Sony fans need a bit of good news these days. :p

Trevelyan

Banned
That mole on his chest in the blurred pic gives it away that its Dylan. Any other image where he's wearing a shirt you can see it in the exact same location. Here we go baby!!

rdrr gnr

Trevelyan said:
That mole on his chest in the blurred pic gives it away that its Dylan. Any other image where he's wearing a shirt you can see it in the exact same location. Here we go baby!!
I tried to find an image of Mr. Jobe on Google for a comparison, but I could not find one that matched my image above. Do you happen to have one?

DR2K

Banned
An (potentially) online only game being announced when PSN is (possibly) still down would be hilarious.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
alr1ghtstart wow... Genius

Angry Fork

jett said:
Better blow my fucking mind away after 4 years of devtime.
I doubt they have a 100+ man team which is likely the reason it took so long. As for some other companies (Polyphony), that's just a complete lack of not knowing what you're doing/mismanagement. I think the same applies to Eat Sleep and Play. I don't think they're a 100+ man either which is why Twisted Metal took so long. At least they kept us in the dark and haven't teased us until recently because then we'd all have blue balls and rage like with Alan Wake or GT5.

Top Bottom