• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian explains why it's time to cancel Quentin Tarantino, asks for donations

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
There's always one, isn't there? :unsure:

jMEKdIA.gif

-Minsc-

Article no doubt says things I'm not going to read.

I can see myself growing out of these types of movies and will be less likely to recommend them in the future. What do they need money for? To hire PI's and lawyers to bury him in some way?

edit:

:messenger_neutral:

Do all of these social justice warriors shop at the same store for clothing and eyewear?

I'm too much a dork to get fashion. Designer ripped jeans... WHY?

To answer your question, yes.

Last edited:
Hypothetical? I suppose you missed that CNN actually had Richard Spencer on as a guest last week. That was what I was alluding to.

Yeah, I'm in the UK and the news is Boris Johnson / Brexit saturated currently.

Your point makes a lot more sense now I know that something like that is getting mainstream airtime.

Public demand is not a valid excuse for the embrace and promotion of such hateful ideas. There are several historical events that demonstrate why. The people embracing left wing hate like the author of this article are the same who would be quickest to denounce milquetoast conservative opinions as right wing hate speech. He's literally demanding another person be cancelled because he doesn't like his movies. Another article calling it an outstanding movie that needs to be watched is not the equal and opposite of calling for him to be unpersoned.

I can't say that I consider this cancel Tarantino thing to present the same danger that Nazism does, but I guess that depends on where you think it might lead.

Though wishing to ruin someone based upon questionable inferences and innuendo is certainly pretty awful as it is.

Top Bottom