• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes or Kingdom Hearts??

Guardian Heroes or Kingdom Hearts

• Guardian Heroes

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters

teezzy

Banned
????????

Think Sesame Street GIF

Aldric

What a weird thread. The games have nothing in common, why pit them against eachother? Guardian Heroes is one of my favorite games of all time and the best beat em up ever made and I've never played a single Kingdom Hearts game but I don't see what they have to do with eachother.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
What a weird thread. The games have nothing in common, why pit them against eachother? Guardian Heroes is one of my favorite games of all time and the best beat em up ever made and I've never played a single Kingdom Hearts game but I don't see what they have to do with eachother.

Microsoft gifted me $5 in Xbox store credit

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 collection was already on sale at 20% off, and I've had my eye on Guardian Heroes (which is only $5)

I know GH is a cult favorite but I've been meaning to give KH a proper go for years now

Might as well do it on Xbox

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Just based on initial reaction: guardian heroes absolutely.

If you have friends to play it with them GH one more time.
If you need a single player game, go with KH.

RAIDEN1

How come there has never been a sequel to Guardian Heroes..also does anyone know how exactly do you save your progress in that game? For years having it it isn't clear how is your progress saved

Last edited:

anthony2690

Gold Member
Man, I loved guardian heroes on the sega saturn and every other side scroller beat em up back in the day.

Now I find myself bored after a couple levels. :/

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
How come there has never been a sequel to Guardian Heroes..also does anyone know how exactly do you save your progress in that game? For years having it it isn't clear how is your progress saved
There was, it was on GBA. Until then, Treasure had this thing of not doing sequels.

Shifty

Kingdom Hearts

BUT

Only bother with 2FM. Don't get suckered into wasting untold hours of your life on the car crash interim games between it and 3. Not in any way worth it.

Nautilus

Banned
Kingdom Hearts

BUT

Only bother with 2FM. Don't get suckered into wasting untold hours of your life on the car crash interim games between it and 3. Not in any way worth it.
Dont listen to him. Every KH game is great and worth playing.

Last edited:

Shifty

Dont listen to him. Every KH game is great and worth playing.
If you don't value your own time, or are an emotionally-led teen with a penchant for anime storytelling, perhaps.

Personally I'm at the point where slogging through 30 hours of disney twee and mediocre combat to get one tiny nibble of relevant story info is too much to ask.

And don't get me started on the part where they decided to lump in time travel - that classically maligned device for filling a story with plot holes and inconsistencies - on top of the already borderline incomprehensible KH storyline. In all my days on this earth I've never seen such utter hackery.

Seeing Mickey pull off the Blasting Zone limit break from FF8 was good though, I'll give it that.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
If you don't value your own time, or are an emotionally-led teen with a penchant for anime storytelling, perhaps.

Personally I'm at the point where slogging through 30 hours of disney twee and mediocre combat to get one tiny nibble of relevant story info is too much to ask.

And don't get me started on the part where they decided to lump in time travel - that classically maligned device for filling a story with plot holes and inconsistencies - on top of the already borderline incomprehensible KH storyline. In all my days on this earth I've never seen such utter hackery.

Seeing Mickey pull off the Blasting Zone limit break from FF8 was good though, I'll give it that.
And yet KH is extremely popular, with its story being one of the parts most important about its whole appeal, and KH 3 is most likely the best selling entry so far.

Guess very few gamers are not emotionally-led teens with a penchant for anime storytelling.

Or perhaps is just a small vocal minority that are just emotionless adults that have to have sex and romance in their games to think a story is worth their time.

Who knows?

Whatever the reason is, me and an ever increasing fanbase will surely enjoy the next KH game and certainly not be a sour and bitter gamer complaining about Nomura and his success on forums.

Nautilus

Banned
I'm super excited. Final Fantasy and Disney are my jam. Been meaning to give this series a go for a long while now

Love they've grouped the games together
Some KH games are better than others, but you should play them all in order of release. By my experience, the best games are KH 1, KH 2, KH Birth by Sleep and KH 3. But try not to skip any game of the collections, because with the exception of KH Recoded and (maybe, havent reached the part with plot) Melody of Memory, every single entry has vital plot information.

And yet KH is extremely popular, with its story being one of the parts most important about its whole appeal, and KH 3 is most likely the best selling entry so far.

Guess very few gamers are not emotionally-led teens with a penchant for anime storytelling.

Or perhaps is just a small vocal minority that are just emotionless adults that have to have sex and romance in their games to think a story is worth their time.

Who knows?

Whatever the reason is, me and an ever increasing fanbase will surely enjoy the next KH game and certainly not be a sour and bitter gamer complaining about Nomura and his success on forums.

Or perhaps it's just schmaltz. Weird, incomprehensible schmaltz.

Nautilus

Banned
Or perhaps it's just schmaltz. Weird, incomprehensible schmaltz.
Or perhaps the franchise is just that good.

I mean, its a 20 years old franchise for a reason. Surely it selling well raises the chances that the franchise resonates with people and has innumerous qualities, no?

CosmicComet

Plenty of schmaltz sells good. Doesn't speak to its quality.

Kingdom Hearts does not sell on its story.

It sells on the Disney characters. Not even its FF characters and definitely not its lame OC Squenix characters, just the Disney ones.

It's not some massive sales juggernaut either. It was dormant for a long time and skipped an entire generation.

Top Bottom