• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link Teaser Trailer (GPS Mobile Game)

Draugoth

Gold Member

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link is the latest entry in the KINGDOM HEARTS series as an all new experience as a GPS based Action RPG for iOS and Android! Be sure to check out the official website for more details about KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link and to fill out your application for the Closed Beta Test!We are now recruiting testers from the United Kingdom and Australia for the Closed Beta Test for KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link!

Apply for the Closed Beta Test here:www.kingdomhearts.com/missinglink

Last edited:
What's a "GSP game"
Came in expecting the greatest MMA/Disney/Squeenix Crossover of all time.

Guess not.

Draugoth Draugoth

9zUCjfx.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Its being long I ever heard about KH. And the first though is what the fuck is a GPS game?

This is probably about the early era after the events of Union, I'm guessing.

peronmls

Think OP meant GPS, but yeah looks like crap.

Wish Nomura didn't have ADHD; kept the series on one platform (playstation) and not split the game across a dozen entries.
It's because the OSAKA devs have a garbage back log and do not know how to develop games efficiently to warrant console games.

LordCBH

“GPS based Action RPG”

Square, absolutely NO ONE fucking asked for this. Get off your asses and make progress on KH4.

it turns out that it plays like pokemon go, but instead of running into pokemon as you walk around town, you run into alternate timelines.

the best part is that every single alternate timeline is one in which squeenix made a different poor business descision.

kiphalfton

It's because the OSAKA devs have a garbage back log and do not know how to develop games efficiently to warrant console games.

From what I found, the team who did the original Kingdom Hearts games (1 & 2) have not worked on a Kingdom Hearts game since. Maybe some did on KH3, but hard to be certain. Other than that Osaka tram has worked on everything from Re-Chain of Memories onwards (i.e. BBS, DDD, etc.).

peronmls

From what I found, the team who did the original Kingdom Hearts games (1 & 2) have not worked on a Kingdom Hearts game since. Maybe some did on KH3, but hard to be certain. Other than that Osaka tram has worked on everything from Re-Chain of Memories onwards (i.e. BBS, DDD, etc.).
KH1 and 2 took 3 years each with past console experience. reCOM is just an asset flip using the original teams engine and assets. The original team helped with that because of all the special thanks. You are right. Osaka has been doing it since then. Specifically on handheld. Every handheld game is babies first KH game because lack of development history and substance that KH1 and 2 had. Why do you think KH3 didn't have FF or colosseum? Because of lack of development. If KH2 can do it then KH3 could have. It's because they are not affective at making a solid game with content. Their development interviews for each game are always of struggle. The excuses was, "we have too many characters" that nobody cares about. They are good at games like this that require no effort.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

KH1 and 2 took 3 years each with past console experience. reCOM is just an asset flip using the original teams engine and assets. The original team helped with that because of all the special thanks. You are right. Osaka has been doing it since then. Specifically on handheld. Every handheld game is babies first KH game because lack of development history and substance that KH1 and 2 had. Why do you think KH3 didn't have FF or colosseum? Because of lack of development. If KH2 can do it then KH3 could have. It's because they are not affective at making a solid game with content. Their development interviews for each game are always of struggle. The excuses was, "we have too many characters" that nobody cares about. They are good at games like this that require no effort.

I only played the first two games, and the GBA version of chain of memories.

Had/have always planned on playing more, but there's SO many spinoffs it's ridiculous.

Although it pains me, because I love the first two games (and would like to play through the PS4 collection one day), I may just eventually watch the story play out on YouTube.

saintjules

Not for me in the slightest. I guess this is also the part where someone says they should use their resources for a different type of game instead, right?

Go_Ly_Dow

Kingdom Hearts 4 is due a big reveal at some point in the near future I feel. Same for DQ12. Probably Spring/Summer next year a few months after Rebirth.

Last edited:

Moochi

Between this and the Monster Hunter GPS game, I will never need to play another GPS game. In fact, I think I'm done with gaming altogether.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Looks fun. I'm glad it looks like we'll be able to explore Scala ad Caelum since you don't really in KH3. I want to go through Union Cross again since I forgot most of it + Missing Link has importance to KH4's arc. Sadly, I'm not in UK or Australia though.

Comandr

We are living the consequences of Nomura putting Disney and Final Fantasy in a blender on high and then forgetting to put the lid on.

And then all of the goop that flew everywhere became BLENDERLESS, and dreamt of having BLENDERS, but because they were so far away, their dreams and memories started to fade and they became UNPLUGGED. Fuck you Nomura you fucking hack.

Top Bottom