• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer 2.0 posts fake Clinton Foundation files

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Update 2:
‏@nickconfessore
That Guccifer folder tantalizingly marked "pay to play"? It's DCCC oppo research on a couple of Republican congressmen.

--------------
Update:
@danmericaCNN
Clinton Foundation official says "none of the folders or files" from the @GUCCIFER_2 files "are from the Clinton Foundation"

--------------
Many of you have been waiting for this, some even asked me to do it.

So, this is the moment. I hacked the Clinton Foundation server and downloaded hundreds of thousands of docs and donors’ databases.

Hillary Clinton and her staff don’t even bother about the information security. It was just a matter of time to gain access to the Clinton Foundation server.

Here’s the contents of one of the folders that I got from there
folder.png

More at the link: https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/clinton-foundation/

Here's Politico's story on it: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/guccifer-hacker-clinton-foundation-files-229113
A hacker persona with alleged ties to the Russian government has posted what the hacker claims are files stolen from the Clinton Foundation.
A Clinton Foundation spokesman declined to comment on the record about the alleged hack.

One spreadsheet appears to detail how much banks have given to lawmakers on the House Financial Services Committee. Another document shows how much banks gave to Democratic lawmakers and how much those banks received from the 2008 bailout bill to stabilize the financial sector, known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP.

“It looks like big banks and corporations agreed to donate to the Democrats a certain percentage of the allocated TARP funds,” wrote Guccifer 2.0.

Some cybersecurity experts believe Guccifer 2.0 is an invented identity that the Russian government is using to release files it obtains through hacking.

Russian intelligence services are suspected in a series of high-profile election hacks targeting Democratic institutions, party officials and state voter-registration databases.

U.S. officials reportedly have high confidence that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee, but have not yet publicly blamed Moscow.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has denied any role in the incidents.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't realize it was April Fool's Day yet.

Seriously, a folder marked "Pay to Play" and another marked "emails." I especially like the one marked "Intern sandbox."

What kind of fool is actually going to buy this shit?

Haha. Unfortunately, you know who WON'T believe that it's bullshit? Your crazy uncle. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, assholes will insist that it's true from this moment on.

Horns

Looks fake to me. Who would call a folder Pay to Play. Having worked with nonprofits, it doesn't look like a directory structure I would expect them to have.

Clinton really does play 4th dimensional chess

Purposely naming a folder "Pay to Play" so that when hacked, no one believes the truth until it's too late.

Is a sarcasm tag really necessary to convey my true feelings on this?

Alexlf

Haha. Unfortunately, you know who WON'T believe that it's bullshit? Your crazy uncle. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, assholes will insist that it's true from this moment on.

This. Even if six seconds from now the dude came out and said "lol I made it all up", it's already entered the public consciousness and may as well be 100% fact for a huge number of people.

MIMIC

Banned
The fact that he's so openly braggy about unauthorized access leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. But he's a hacker, so....

zou

lol, sure they had a spreadsheet showing donations against tarp loans.

and all of this in "foundation" files/emails.

makes total sense.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
This is gonna be all over the right "news" sites with headlines that don't really match up with content but no one will care to really read anything

Just like the dnc nonstory

Yes, I'm sure there was a folder called "Pay To Play". Where is the folder of the pictures of Vince Foster's corpse that Hillary looks at just to laugh at?

So are the contents of the files suposedly available? Or are we supposed to just look at it and be shocked that she has an intern sandbox?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The fact that he's so openly braggy about unauthorized access leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. But he's a hacker, so....

Except it doesn't look like he accessed anything at all, except his own File Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom