• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer 2.0 posts fake Clinton Foundation files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sàmban

Banned
I didn't realize it was April Fool's Day yet.

Seriously, a folder marked "Pay to Play" and another marked "emails." I especially like the one marked "Intern sandbox."

What kind of fool is actually going to buy this shit?

The majority of Americans will buy it. Just watch.

I'm willing to believe it is possible that the foundation got hacked, and I'm willing to believe that this could be real, but that 'pay to play' folder....lol. If you felt it was worthwhile to post a directory listing that includes the folder 'pay to play' but didn't bother to post anything inside that folder, it just looks like you're trying to create more smoke rather than show the fire.

I mean, maybe Guccifer 2.0 stole all the files, then sorted them in to folders they made? And that's why they are named as such? That's the only reason there'd be a Pay To Play folder. Other than the obvious explanation, that it's all fake.

thefro

This one looks fake as hell.

Also funny that this is supposedly one super hacker but they can't figure out how to post an excel file. My guess is someone is doctoring something up.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This is clearly just a small subset of the files uncovered. Where is the "Pearl Harbor Attack plans" folder?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sàmban;219052214 said:
The majority of Americans will buy it. Just watch.

America is dumb, but America ain't that fucking dumb. Any moron can take a look at that and know it's faked.

Is the website compromised? If you're able to hack into a heavily protected database, shouldn't you also be able to take the website down no problem?

Zukkoyaki

If you go to the WordPress site all it contains is what's in the OP and some spreadsheets (easily faked). What a crock of doodoo butter. Just like the DNC email dump from Wikileaks a few weeks ago and the last Guccifer leak we have a bunch of nothing burgers.

Adaren

We finally figured out how email works, guys.

When people email Hillary, it goes straight to that emails folder.

The folder right next to "Intern sandbox" and "February Event".

That's where the emails are.

In the emails folder.

He is figuring out a way to "host them"

Cause excel sheets are so huge
Man, if I had super huge unpost able excel spreadsheets with juicy details, even I'd know that if I tweeted out a screenshot of the worst parts it'd be all over the world before I even had a chance to get the rest uploaded.

I guess you could argue that would be too risky to reveal his position, but that's what he did here.

Lmao this looks like one of those awful fan leaks from gaming except it's a fan wishlist of all the things they think the Clinton Foundation is involved in

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you go to the WordPress site all it contains is what's in the OP and some spreadsheets (easily faked). What a crock of doodoo butter. Just like the DNC email dump from Wikileaks a few weeks ago and the last Guccifer leak we have a bunch of nothing burgers.

The shit he posted could easily be faked in like 20 minutes by a 12-year-old.

How fucking dumb does he think we are?

You are gravely over-estimating the insight of the average human.

If that were true President Romney would be running for reelection right now.

The only thing that makes me doubt the authenticity of this leak is that there's no Harambe file. Surely the Foundation would have information on his murder, given that Hillary Clinton ordered it in the first place.

I always thought it was a problem that Russia would leak real docs so they could 'leak' fake docs later...

Well, these fakes have as much subtlety as a nigerian scammer email. The only people who fall for it are the ones who really wanna believe it.

Arkeband

Banned
I mean, maybe Guccifer 2.0 stole all the files, then sorted them in to folders they made? And that's why they are named as such? That's the only reason there'd be a Pay To Play folder. Other than the obvious explanation, that it's all fake.

"He" said:
Here’s the contents of one of the folders that I got from there

And that's after saying, and read this with the corniest Russian accent you can:

Hillary Clinton and her staff don’t even bother about the information security.

Not "they don't even bother with infosec", but "they don't even bother about the infosec"

HOW THEY DO THIS THING

I AM RUSSIAN SPY, ENCOUNTER I WILL KILL

Alexlf

I really hope you're right. I suppose I'm just in a bit of a jaded mood :p

"He" said:

And that's after saying, and read this with the corniest Russian accent you can:

Not "they don't even bother with infosec", "they don't even bother about the infosec"

HOW THEY DO THIS THING

I AM RUSSIAN SPY, ENCOUNTER I WILL KILL
You do pay to play, yes? Let us check intern sandbox.

Sàmban

Banned

Have you heard of this guy called Trump? He wants to fuck his daughter and publicly stated he could shoot someone and wouldn't loose any votes. And he was right. In fact, he gained more votes.

kamspy

No you can't, because he hasn't faked them yet.

Is the link on the blog to other documents? The text above it is kind of ambiguous. Server is getting slammed right now so I haven't been able to get it.

EDIT: Did anyone question the authenticity of the last stuff he leaked?

sazzy

OP did you even bother to look at the post and the screens before rushing over to cutting and pasting?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is the link on the blog to other documents? The text above it is kind of ambiguous. Server is getting slammed right now so I haven't been able to get it.

No it is not. He says he needs to find a place to host them first (AKA he hasn't faked them yet). Unless you really think that the Clinton's have a folder marked "Pay to Play."

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing about the fucking NX?? fml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom