• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer 2.0 posts fake Clinton Foundation files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
"Here, have 10 million bucks and sell me that uranium mine."
"No problem, let me put you on my Pay to Play list on this random server."
"Sounds good!"

stringer-bell.jpg
Are you taking notes on a god damn criminal conspiracy!

Eidan

Trust me it's all real.

Hahaha, I mean seriously. Why would the New Hire Folder be in the same folder as Caucus information and information on Large Contributions?

Why aren't there any folders about the actual WORK the Clinton Foundation does? No folders on any of their initiatives? Hell, they didn't even think to include a folder for their annual meeting? Amateur hour.

Yes, because the CLINTON FOUNDATION SERVER is going to have campaign information on it.

The english on the post is horrible and I have no idea what these documents are showing or where they are from since its so bad. I think this could be the campaign hacks not the foundation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-democrats-investigation-exc-idUSKCN1092HK

God, I hope you are just joking around.

I'm not. We know the Russians hacked the foundation and campaign and this guy is their persona for laundering the leaks.

I don't think these emails are going to show anything illegal or bad but I think we could be looking at legit documents with innocuous explanations.

God, I hope you are just joking around.

Nope. Would it be "pay for play" like that? Probably not but given that they clearly don't give a fuck about security or code words...maybe. I would have expected PnumberP.

If it's real they'll have a lot of specific info to dump. We'll see.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hahaha, I mean seriously. Why would the New Hire Folder be in the same folder as Caucus information and information on Large Contributions?

Why aren't there any folders about the actual WORK the Clinton Foundation does? No folders on any of their initiatives? Hell, they didn't even think to include a folder for their annual meeting? Amateur hour.

And why would the campaign be using a server for the Clinton Foundation in the first place? Can they not afford a server for the campaign itself?

The english on the post is horrible and I have no idea what these documents are showing or where they are from since its so bad

He pretty clearly says it's the Foundation.

I don't know why you guys are dismissing the "pay to play"

The DNC explicitly used it

I mean I have no idea what's in there and doubt its anything, but that term is used

Those folder titles could be the FSB's grouping

Please tell mods to change your name to NJwhateverfan if you're serious..PLEASE.

Wallach

I'm not. We know the Russians hacked the foundation and this guy is their persona for laundering the leaks.

I don't think these emails are going to show anything illegal or bad but I think we could be looking at legit documents with innocuous explanations.

My guess is this is cobbled together shit from other leaks (edit - and clearly publicly available info) that they are trying to pin on the Clinton Foundation. It doesn't really make any sense to me otherwise, and I don't think they waste that much time to fake everything they dump into this file.

Like this one image of the spreadsheet with donations and TARP funds; what the fuck would this even be implying? TARP is Bush administration shit.

all you people joking about "where's the people to kill list" look like real dickheads, because they were CONTRACT killings and thats where you file this shit

in the contracts folder. With the "Lists of Deplorables" and "Lists of Basement Dwellers" because she can't read due to her parkinsons and she thought they were a "contacts" list

thats the lists, anyway. expenses has "all these murders" with dollar amounts.
just wait

And why would the campaign be using a server for the Clinton Foundation in the first place? Can they not afford a server for the campaign itself?

He pretty clearly says it's the Foundation.

Read it with foundation replaced with campaign. Literally the english has been bad on this dude and if he's running around with his alt-right trolls who retinly confuse the two some dude in ST. Petersburg might screw up

My guess is this is cobbled together shit from other leaks (edit - and clearly publicly available info) that they are trying to pin on the Clinton Foundation. It doesn't really make any sense to me otherwise, and I don't think they waste that much time to fake everything they dump into this file.

Like this one image of the spreadsheet with donations and TARP funds; what the fuck would this even be implying? TARP is Bush administration shit.

This is all I'm saying.

Everything released so far has been legit and while I think there can definitely be faked docs this looks like its legit stuff with poor labels

NYT reporter is unimpressed:

@nickconfessore
Preview of new Guccifer dump doesn't seem revelatory --mostly political contribution data available publicly.
Reading through the rest.

@nickconfessore
Also, nothing I've seen yet in Guccifer files indicates they came from Clinton Foundation. Looks like outtakes from party hack.

@nickconfessore
I am looking for evidence other than Guccifer's say so that these docs are from the Clinton Fnd. So far zilch.

‏@nickconfessore
Hey @GUCCIFER_2, can you tell us which of your docs have a self-evident provenance from Clinton Foundation? Still looking but so far zilch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Read it with foundation replaced with campaign. Literally the english has been bad on this dude and if he's running around with his alt-right trolls who retinly confuse the two some dude in ST. Petersburg might screw up

Even then, why would they have TARP info on there?

NYT reporter is unimpressed:

Exactly. None of the stuff he linked is anything the rest of us don't already have access too.

This is exactly my point. I think the LOL Pay to play = fake posts are bad because the docs look legit.

We have an email with DNC staffers using pay to play. Its used in campaigns

Well, I didn't know that. That's crazy that they actually use that term. But, I guess I'm just reacting because it's become to loaded lately. Thanks for the info.

Even then, why would they have TARP info on there?

Exactly. None of the stuff he linked is anything the rest of us don't already have access too.

IDK but that data could help them better fundraise, know who to avoid when it comes to surrogates. TARP ain't popular with bernie folks.

I mean this is data sitting on a server, we have no idea what the purpose was.

One of the docs is titled "hfscmemberdonationsbyparty6101" this is just info on how much House Financial Services Committee members got from the banks (remember Hillary is trying to fight this perception and probably wants to distance herself from these people, especially those that got a lot from the big banks that recived money from TARP)

This sounds like tasks I've been given. You want to know where politicians get their money and where they spend it.

All these happenings today are a very telling sign that the Russians have been effectively stopped and after the initial hacks they haven't been able to infiltrate any further. Their red October has been a failure.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
IDK but that data could help them better fundraise, know who to avoid when it comes to surrogates. TARP ain't popular with bernie folks.

I mean this is data sitting on a server, we have no idea what the purpose was.

One of the docs is titled "hfscmemberdonationsbyparty6101" this is just info on how much House Financial Services Committee members got from the banks (remember Hillary is trying to fight this perception and probably wants to distance herself from these people, epecially those that got a lot from the big banks)

This sounds like tasks I've been given. You want to know where politicians get their money and where they spend it.

Honestly, until they post something that can't be gotten by you or me I'm going with a hilarious fake.

Kite

I don't know why you guys are dismissing the "pay to play"

The DNC explicitly used it

I mean I have no idea what's in there and doubt its anything, but that term is used

Those folder titles could be the FSB's grouping

The term pay to play has an alternate definition that most people don't seem to know:

Pay-to-play rules generally prevent businesses from receiving government contracts (the “play”) if executives and employees have made campaign contributions to, or raised money for, certain candidates (the “pay”). Although a complicated patchwork of federal, state, and local pay-to-play laws, regulations, and policies exists, the Securities and Exchange Commission’s pay-to-play rule is the most consequential. Under the rule, if an investment company executive makes just one political contribution to a covered candidate, the company could potentially lose out on lucrative contracts to manage the investments of public pension funds and university endowments. Candidates are typically considered “covered” if their current office or the office they seek has authority to directly or indirectly influence the award of the state or local investment contract.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...-laws-pose-big-challenges-for-some-candidates

I swear this is old news, I remember explaining this several times in the past hmm..

Honestly, until they post something that can't be gotten by you or me I'm going with a hilarious fake.

They posted doner info with personal information. In fact it looks like Haim Saben's email address might have been posted. So if you want to complain about the new power rangers movie or the most recent onion article.

Acorn

I always put my illegal activities into named floders. Doesn't everyone have a drugs bought and hookers spreadsheet?

What is also very trouble although not surprising is you have right wing official egging on , encouraging and allowing if they could foreign governments meddling in US elections. This is Reagan levels of treasonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom