• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer 2.0 posts fake Clinton Foundation files

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like a combo of publicly available information from the local democratic party organizations and DSCC + leaks, all filed under nice folders. Nothing from Clinton Foundation.

Acorn

What is also very trouble although not surprising is you have right wing official egging on , encouraging and allowing if they could foreign governments meddling in US elections. This is Reagan levels of treasonous.
It's beyond Reagan at this point. He atleast tried to hide his treason.

Again, so its a real document.

i just don't like the 'lol-fake' rather than what we're seeing and have seen with with these dumps, nothing illegal but things that on first glance might look bad.

expect doc dumps that might look damaging but arent. Just don't dismiss them as "fake" right away though you can likely expect that they don't contain anything bad when the facts come out

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

i just don't like the 'lol-fake' rather than what we're seeing and have seen with with these dumps, nothing illegal but things that on first glance might look bad.

expect doc dumps that might look damaging but arent. Just don't dismiss them as "fake" right away though you can likely expect that they don't contain anything bad when the facts come out

Except the whole thing was faked. They never got into the campaign or foundation. Apparently they just took old hacks and threw them together.

Horns

I just renamed a few folders to "Pay to Play." It's a real document now.

It's fake. Just a hodgepodge of public documents thrown together to look like a leak

Stop being a fuddy duddy

3e3.jpg

Except the whole thing was faked. They never got into the campaign or foundation. Apparently they just took old hacks and threw them together.
Where do you see anything faked?

The only thing is that he lied about where they came from, the docs look legit

I just renamed a few folders to "Pay to Play." It's a real document now.

Again the docs look legit and people are even posting they are real docs, just not from the foundation

It's fake. Just a hodgepodge of public documents thrown together to look like a leak
Nick Confessore Verified account
‏@nickconfessore
That Guccifer folder tantalizingly marked "pay to play"? It's DCCC oppo research on a couple of Republican congressmen.

DCCC opp research aren't public documents.

Stop being a fuddy duddy

3e3.jpg

I'm no fun because like the DNC hack there are ways to explain the documents and exonerate your candidate without bad deflections and your own lies "the docs are fake!"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Where do you see anything faked?

The only thing is that he lied about where they came from, the docs look legit

Again the docs look legit and people are even posting they are real docs, just not from the foundation

So they're real "fake" documents from the Clinton Foundation which is the whole point of this "release". I can pull out a Spiderman comic that is real and make a statement that it comes from DC comics but despite it being a real comic the statement and claim is fake.

People were ragging on the "leak" because it was allegedly stolen from the Clinton Foundation. If the foundation had a bunch of blatantly political shit on it's servers, that's a HUGELY different thing than, you know, democratic party servers having political shit on them. So yeah, people were right to call it bogus.

If I claim to have Donald Trump's tax return, and I hand you a copy of my own tax return, is the doc legit? I mean, I guess in the sense that it's a real document. But it's not what I claimed I was delivering, so in that regard, it is fake. These files, real though they may be, are not from the Clinton Foundation, or indeed any single place; they're cobbled together from a variety of sources and falsely presented as being from the Clinton Foundation. We refer to these types of duplicitous deceptions as "fakes" because they are not what they claim to be.

All the people calling it fake we're saying it would be ridiculous if the Clinton Foundation had a folder called "Pay to Play" with those kinds of documents in it. They were right.

Slayven

If you want to be taken seriously, don't show up in a clown suit with toilet paper stuck to your shoe

"The fake" in this situation is presenting any of these documents as coming from a hack of the Clinton Foundation, in the context of specific folders, notably one called Pay to Play that was created to aim towards a specific presentation.

Which is what was tried.

Many of you have been waiting for this, some even asked me to do it.

So, this is the moment. I hacked the Clinton Foundation server and downloaded hundreds of thousands of docs and donors’ databases.

Hillary Clinton and her staff don’t even bother about the information security. It was just a matter of time to gain access to the Clinton Foundation server.

Here’s the contents of one of the folders that I got from there

Do you disagree that these documents were dressed up and presented as something else?

Looking how this is playing out how the Russians want this to.

1. They know its not from the foundation
2. Articles report that someone claims to have foundations documents
3. Foundation is forced to issue denial
4. Articles are written about how the new scandal isn't a scandel
5. Articles with clinton foundation and scandal poliferate and trend on twitter.

The last thing is the end goal. Associating clinton with scandal

5. Articles with clinton foundation and scandal poliferate and trend on twitter.

That would be a shame if Clinton was associated with scandals. It would sink the whole campaign.

Do you disagree that these documents were dressed up and presented as something else?

I agree they were presented as something else. But I'm responding to the fact that immediately after the docs broke they were dismissed as forgeries. Not just that they weren't from the clinton foundation. They don't look to be forgeries, they look like legitimately hacked documents presented as foundation docs rather than campaign docs

I posted literally "they look to be from the campaign"

Because someone would actually have a folder called 'pay to play'

Again. There's a very real possibility this folder exists as is. This doesn't mean that the folder contains documents showing pay to play by the clintons

lol, seriously?

OMG, not Clinton scandal tweets! Whatever would her campaign do?

I agree they were presented as something else. But I'm responding to the fact that immediately after the docs broke they were dismissed as forgeries. Not just that they weren't from the clinton foundation. They don't look to be forgeries, they look like legitimately hacked documents presented as foundation docs rather than campaign docs

The folders are fake. That's all the original release had (the screenshot in the OP). The internals of the folders weren't added until later.

"Clinton = scandal" reached full saturation a long time ago without something real to push it forward. Anything fake / fake-ish / greatly exaggerated doesn't matter anymore.

Okay to everyone who quoted me saying it's not credible .... It completely is credible. It's not some bomb being dropped, but apparently they are real documents.
We have confirmation that they're not Clinton Campaign or Clinton Foundation documents. The exact opposite of credible.

aeolist

Banned
this is consistent with reports that various state DNC officials were being targeted by russia

the FBI has also informed election boards across the country that state actors have been trying to penetrate their voting systems

welcome to the 21st century

kadotsu

Banned
Okay to everyone who quoted me saying it's not credible .... It completely is credible. It's not some bomb being dropped, but apparently they are real documents.

The complete thing is a forgery. You can cut up 10 real drivers licenses and rearrange them into a new one and it won't be magically real just because it is made out of "real" parts. It's pretty shitty counter intelligence, exploiting an account that was build up with real leaks.

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/783417521227661316

This is literally what I said it was

Even then, why would they have TARP info on there?

Exactly. None of the stuff he linked is anything the rest of us don't already have access too.

IDK but that data could help them better fundraise, know who to avoid when it comes to surrogates. TARP ain't popular with bernie folks.

I mean this is data sitting on a server, we have no idea what the purpose was.

One of the docs is titled "hfscmemberdonationsbyparty6101" this is just info on how much House Financial Services Committee members got from the banks (remember Hillary is trying to fight this perception and probably wants to distance herself from these people, especially those that got a lot from the big banks that recived money from TARP)

This sounds like tasks I've been given. You want to know where politicians get their money and where they spend it.

The complete thing is a forgery. You can cut up 10 real drivers licenses and rearrange them into a new one and it won't be magically real just because it is made out of "real" parts. It's pretty shitty counter intelligence, exploiting an account that was build up with real leaks.

No this isn't what happened.

These are real docs from democrats. No forgeries.

The only thing changed was that they were presented from coming from the foundation, they didn't They came from campaigns

aeolist

Banned

it's enough to muddy the waters and stir up the conspiratorially minded part of the population, which going by trump's success is about 45% of us

the russians know what they're doing here

No, people mentioned at the fact that "a leak from a hack of the Clinton Foundation" was fake because there was a folder called Pay to Play.

LOL yes, im sure there is a file explicitly called "Pay to Play"

Yeah because they would have a folder labeled "Pay to Play"

Lol a folder called "emails" and "pay to play"

Lets take a wait and see approach here

oh yeah this looks legit

weird they left off folders like "assassination targets" and "420"

What a load of crap.

'Pay to Play' uh huh.

Pay to Play is obviously just a list of their favorite mobile games.

I didn't realize it was April Fool's Day yet.

Seriously, a folder marked "Pay to Play" and another marked "emails." I especially like the one marked "Intern sandbox."

What kind of fool is actually going to buy this shit?

Looks fake to me. Who would call a folder Pay to Play. Having worked with nonprofits, it doesn't look like a directory structure I would expect them to have.

Yes, because there's a folder called "Pay to Play".

Yes, I'm sure there was a folder called "Pay To Play". Where is the folder of the pictures of Vince Foster's corpse that Hillary looks at just to laugh at?

They were correct. There was no hack of the Clinton Foundation. There was no folder called "Pay to Play" on any server and seeing one should've been a big red flag to anyone. And it was... expect maybe Politico. The documents were purposely presented to look like something else. That is the fake.

These are real docs from democrats. No forgeries.

The only thing changed was that they were presented from coming from the foundation, they didn't They came from campaigns

The forgery is the entire "Clinton Foundation" leak itself, NYC. It wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom