• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: GG's new IP won't be at E3 - not ready to show yet

Sharpeye

Didnt dark soulds come to the 360, what makes people think there going back to PS only?

Besides all the insiders and evidence saying it's ps4 exclusive, Beast souls is said to be either Demon souls 2 or a spin off of it. Demons Souls is owned by Sony so it will never come to Xbox. Also Sony Japan is working on it as well if you need any more damning proof that it is a PlayStation game.

I really really don't know why we go trough this same cycle every year in GAF. They are not going to announce dozens of new games. They never have. There is usully something like two new first party announcements made in E3. Some years not even that as they have announced the games before hand in May.

Sony does some stupid shit from time to time. PS4 exclusive TLG for the holiday season this year would do wonders but ya never know

While I agree they shouldn't be settling in for a safe show, like the option 2 I mentioned, I don't understand why this specific E3 is so important. I don't think putting everything or almost all of it on E3s stage is a smart idea. As usual Sony will spread their reveals across E3/GC/TGS. That way they can keep the gamer's interest throughout the year.

They should show around 3 great exciting games. UC4 gameplay, Beast Souls, TLG would do the trick along with third party stuff.

Your concern trolling isn't even subtle anymore. Give it a rest

By no means i am saying that Sony should announce all their games at E3. Hell all the games should have been announced. I don´t understand that gaming is the only entertainment media where they save surprise announcements at shows. It´s not like Hollywood announce plenty of surprise movies at the Oscars. But what i will say is that exposure in these events is huge so the games should have been announced already and should be shown on stage for max media exposure., especially since E3 is covered by mainstream media.

RayMaker

Banned
Because the same leak the footage comes from states that it's being co-developed by Sony Japan? This idea literally had to be explained every other page in the footage thread, I'm amazed people are still questioning it.

ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I

Empty

SSM and rumors of Bend.

where are the bend not showing up rumours coming from?

it's been a while since uncharted golden abyss and i doubt they're making something huge in scope and it's scea's show, i kinda figured they had to be there

I-hate-u

I really really don't know why we go trough this same cycle every year in GAF. They are not going to announce dozens of new games. They never have. There is usully something like two new first party announcements made in E3. Some years not even that as they have announced the games before hand in May.

Most of the years, Sony had a slew of games already announced before the show. This year is the outlier.

RayMaker

Banned
I still can't wrap my head around what's the deal with TLG.

I would kill for a Crash reboot though.

The project was mega ambitious, they were having a hard time doing what they wanted to do on the PS3, so shu, cerny? suggested moving it on to PS4?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yes. No one expected games there anyway. Mark Cerny was enough to carry that show.

Not that it mattered. Sony beat the living shiet out of MS last year. This year we got zip from them in the first 6 months leading to E3. One would expect that they are storing their surprises for E3. Now majority of their devs are saying they are not showing up. :/

ibcgDQmD28eU04.png

This is why I say most of you seem to care more about being surprised than actually seeing and getting solid information on these games. You had folks complaining about Forza Horizon 2 and Mortal Kombat X being announced on Monday as if it makes a real difference.

We don't know a damn thing about Uncharted, Project Beast, Rime, The Order, etc but somehow those games being on display is considered a disappointment. I can't get down with that thought process.

Loudninja

ibcgDQmD28eU04.png

This is why I say most of you seem to care more about being surprised than actually seeing and getting solid information on these games. You had folks complaining about Forza Horizon 2 and Mortal Kombat X being announced on Monday as if it makes a real difference.

We don't know a damn thing about Uncharted, Project Beast, Rime, The Order, etc but somehow those games being on display is considered a disappointment. I can't get down with that thought process.
Yes some people want more game with vague trailers and release dates,it confuses me greatly.

SilentFlyer

Well if the conference is 2 hours long..there's plenty of time for all of that :D

if it's two hours

Third party games + ps3 news + vita stuff + playstation features + Morpheus + first party PS4 including TLOU HD

I just hope they don't spend enough time on showing gameplay of Remasters. We know TLOU will be there and probably GOW: Ascension as well. I alao think Beyond two Souls will be there as well If rhe earlier rumors about its existence is true.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Crash would be HUGE but I don't think it would be TLG level of maga-gigaton.

I think Crash would have a greater impact simply because it's been over fifteen years, and a game since has not been announced. TLG was announced for the PS3 and we saw trailers, so we at least know it exists. It's just a matter of whether it's been completed and is actually coming out on the PS4. The former of these two examples would be completely unexpected.

KOHIPEET

TLG is said to be an ambitious project from an acclaimed developer. Crash is basically the childhood game of a generation.

For me at least, TLG is nowhere near as a megaton as a Crash would be. But back on topic.

Can it be that GG is deliberately misleading us? Would make sense to deny an appearance so when it actually happens, it can truly hit hard.

RayMaker

Banned
yes. No one expected games there anyway. Mark Cerny was enough to carry that show.

Not that it mattered. Sony beat the living shiet out of MS last year. This year we got zip from them in the first 6 months leading to E3. One would expect that they are storing their surprises for E3. Now majority of their devs are saying they are not showing up. :/

Sony only beat MS because of there mistakes, As far as games go MS had the better showing.

This year sony dont have the ace of no DRM and price.I dont think even TLG will give them the applauds of last year.

I-hate-u

where are the bend not showing up rumours coming from?

it's been a while since uncharted golden abyss and i doubt they're making something huge in scope and it's scea's show, i kinda figured they had to be there

It was a respectable regular gaffer on twitter who doesn't want his tweets shown up here. He said take it with a grain of salt. Hence a rumor.

ibcgDQmD28eU04.png

Maybe you're right. I am acting completely out of hand. Sorry,

TLG would be maga-gigaton if it had release date on it that was within a year. Oh and PS4 ofc.

StuBurns

Banned
The Rapture is going to be something really special I think, the premise is incredible, that dude is obscenely talented, a new trailer and confirmation of Morpheus support at E3 would be amazing.

TLG almost scares me at this point, even thinking Ico is the best game ever, I don't think they can show anything that's going to satisfy GAF at this point. They've created a monster with it's constant absence.

I-hate-u

There is a full stable of games I'd love to see more about...
Everyone's Gone to Rapture
The Witness
Rime
Shadow of the Beast

Dates and gameplay reveals for those titles would make for a solid base to build the conference around.

I wouldn't be surprised that one or multiple of these games will be the substitute for Order release for this year.

Well.. the lack of MM at E3 pretty much deflated my hype. This just makes it even worse. I'm not going to jump for joy for TLG if for some godforsaken reason it is resurrected.

It's gonna be uncharted, the order, TLOU remaster and maybe a god of war teaser. Otherwise a bunch of 3rd party.

I wish there was a syphon filter or socom announcement that would take me to utopia but It's asking too much.

StoopKid

Sony only beat MS because of there mistakes, As far as games go MS had the better showing.

This year sony dont have the ace of no DRM and price.I dont think even TLG will give them the applauds of last year.

a lot of those games they showed aren't even coming out this year.

Lemondish

MS: "Dude, it's going to be megaton after megaton. RE7. ME4. Fallout 4. Shenmue 3. Red Dead 2. BLINX: The Return. Vanquish 2. All exclusive. Phil Spencer gonna hand out free X1s to everyone! MS is back, baby!"

Monday's going to be fun- one way or another. :p

I can tell you right now that I would never buy an Xbox if 90% of that ended up true, just to spite them. Grabbing exclusives by supporting third party titles that would never have been made otherwise is one thing - paying loads of cash to prevent games from going to the competition, though? Fuck that noise.

Loudninja

There is a full stable of games I'd love to see more about...
Everyone's Gone to Rapture
The Witness
Rime
Shadow of the Beast

Dates and gameplay reveals for those titles would make for a solid base to build the conference around.
Yeah the amount of games without dates or much info is pretty big right now.

I mean we just got a date for Hohokum today!

Capella

SSM and rumors of Bend.
Is Cory Barlog only referring to the new game he is working on or SSM as a whole? They may not show up with a new IP or game but that doesn't mean they won't have any presence at E3.

As far as Sony Bend goes, I know the rumor you are talking about but that isn't confirmation that they won't show up or that they the devs have said they will not.

meta4

The Rapture is going to be something really special I think, the premise is incredible, that dude is obscenely talented, a new trailer and confirmation of Morpheus support at E3 would be amazing.

TLG almost scares me at this point, even thinking Ico is the best game ever, I don't think they can show anything that's going to satisfy GAF at this point. They've created a monster with it's constant absence.

After looking at this entire video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xDwG3dvMc
I am still confident that this game will succeed in its goal. Please announce it this E3 Sony!

I-hate-u

Is Cory Barlog only referring to the new game he is working on or SSM as a whole? They may not show up with a new IP or game but that doesn't mean they won't have any presence at E3.

As far as Sony Bend goes, I know the rumor you are talking about but that isn't confirmation that they won't show up or that they the devs have said they will not.

Their other game got cancelled. They are only working on GOW4 I think.

Liamc723

I really don't know what to expect from Sony at E3 anymore, my hype has definitely deflated a little to say the least. I think Microsoft could take this E3 by storm.

rdrr gnr

Would some of you have felt better if they held off announcing Killzone, Knack, Infamous and DriveClub until E3 rather than the PS Meeting?
I don't know. Maybe DriveClub as that seemed to have no chance.
There were enough AAA games at the PS4 Reveal event.
So the E3 presentation was perfectly fine.

And "blowing the first-party load"? How about doing it when the games are showable / in a certain stage of development?
The event was over a year ago and it did its job: I now own a PS4. But, no, if what you valued the most was major game reveals Sony's E3 2013 was not "perfectly fine." I'm not asking them to reveal games with a 2017 release date. But they have enough first party studios with multiple projects and smaller third-party exclusives/collabs to do some damage. Or at least should, because that's what's been implied by every "insider" and Sony fan on this forum.

And what do you think? From what you saw, would you say it's ready to show or not?
I didn't see it myself. But it's more of a debut (concept) trailer. Third person, lots of lush environments, redhead woman, robot dinosaurs (herds of them actually) and other really weird things, low-fi mixed with future high tech, some bows and swords even.

The real big debut of it is scheduled for next E3, so I don't know if they'd show this teaser next week, might wait for Gamescom given they're a Euro studio.

KOHIPEET

I didn't see it myself. But it's more of a debut (concept) trailer. Third person, lots of lush environments, redhead woman, robot dinosaurs (herds of them actually) and other really weird things, low-fi mixed with future high tech, some bows and swords even.

The real big debut of it is scheduled for next E3, so I don't know if they'd show this teaser next week, might wait for Gamescom given they're a Euro studio.

Thanks.

So that video is more of a "proof of concept" type of thing rather than an actual reveal trailer.
I say if they need time give it to them. Maybe Sony has plenty of other stuff to show.

Fingers crossed.

Bloodrage

Banned

Third person? OMGGGG

rdrr gnr

Thank God.

meta4

If it is not TLG I think the megaton hinted at would be FF7 remake. That would be such a disappointment for me though as I hate JRPG'S

Top Bottom