• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Not too terrible right now. The T5 and T6 fine materials, lodestones, and ectos are what have really gone through the roof.

Some of this was a predictable response to ascended item recipes being introduced and rares (supposedly) brekaing down into ectos less often. Other parts were less predictable, like butter going up in price fifteen fold.

Then you've got the gift, my friend, I don't see how ascended items affect the T1 price change. I managed to offload my supply and break even, but I'm finding it harder to make money on the TP. Guess I need to level up to 80 and get more familiar with what players want / buy / sell.

Then you've got the gift, my friend, I don't see how ascended items affect the T1 price change. I managed to offload my supply and break even, but I'm finding it harder to make money on the TP. Guess I need to level up to 80 and get more familiar with what players want / buy / sell.
Like I said, *some* of the changes were the result. As for T1 materials, I would imagine they've been dropping due to a dearth of demand compared to supply. Fewer people are using them as the collective population that engages in crafting moves past a use for T1 materials.

Wallach

Anyone know any good tips for engineers? I'm currently level 20 and there's so many options that I can't figure out how I should go forward.

For leveling, I'd do something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlspiYnuSgF87ICIF5lfJSxjBZfewWpFEC;TsAAzCpoay0koJbTumkNNq4UxsCA

Personally I went 10/10 Alchemy and Inventions, but it was my first character and the game had just launched so there wasn't exactly a wealth of information. It's still a really good spec that way, and I'd recommend running Med Kit over Elixir H if you go that route so you can keep Speedy Kits up easily. Honestly for pretty much every class, your basic framework for efficient leveling is really simple: use the skills that scale the best off power, are frontloaded, and contain as much AoE as you can while also getting as much Fury and Swiftness and Protection as you can find. Whatever CC and Blind you can get along the way is a bonus. Stack mostly power and precision on your gear.

I enjoy dual pistols at 80 for farming and lazy dungeon running but the truth is conditions aren't very good in PvE right now. Their poor scaling versus power wouldn't be quite as evident at lower levels if the majority of things you were fighting didn't already have a much lower TTK to begin with. Conditions really need a reworking to be more relevant outside of PvP for damage.

leng jai

Yeah I'm thinking of dropping my condition damage gear because it's quite clearly lacking compared to straight power in PvE. Too lazy to get another set of gear though.

etiolate

Banned
My Engy is 44 now. I tend to run a lot of kits. Big fan of the trait that creates a spell on kit equip and the swiftness on using a kit. The swiftness trait gives you infinite swiftness. All you need is medkit for healing skill and one other toolkit.

Anyone else been having bad lag issues lately?

I've had a really weird thing in WvWvW which I've not had previously, where it seems like my client has de-synced from the game in an odd way. I can see everyone else running around and casting spells (so I'm not disconnected/normal lag - when that happens everyone runs in a straight line in the direction they were running) but nothing I do has an effect. The first time I logged out and back in and that fixed it. The next time it happened I waited a minute or two and everything cast at me in that time happened at once and I died and that fixed it.

Taffer

Murdered my way through 50 enemy players for my monthly and got one poxy Badge of Honour. Time to use the Mistwrought key stockpile from when the door was bugged.

Proven

I've had a really weird thing in WvWvW which I've not had previously, where it seems like my client has de-synced from the game in an odd way. I can see everyone else running around and casting spells (so I'm not disconnected/normal lag - when that happens everyone runs in a straight line in the direction they were running) but nothing I do has an effect. The first time I logged out and back in and that fixed it. The next time it happened I waited a minute or two and everything cast at me in that time happened at once and I died and that fixed it.
That's normal. You'll see it in other games as well. You were about to lag out of the game, and then you synced back up.

BrettWeir

You people and your dungeons. I hope they start putting more emphasis on WvW (yes, I know things are in the works).....and PvP. Sick to death already with all the PvE content being added on a monthly basis.

Giard

Seems like it has been a while since the last patch. Does anyone know if a new one is coming up soon? Mesmers still have lots of bugs, I'm hoping they get fixed.

A friend just crafted Sunrise, I'm jealous.

alexel

Anyone currently in an overflow server willing to help me get into one? "/whisper Winter Melons" if you can, thanks!

etiolate

Banned
Seems like it has been a while since the last patch. Does anyone know if a new one is coming up soon? Mesmers still have lots of bugs, I'm hoping they get fixed.

A friend just crafted Sunrise, I'm jealous.

December is supposed to have a class balance fix within the Wintersday patch.

Giard

Patch Notes said:
Mesmer

Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
cm-27376-050847eec52c0e.gif

pyrandes

New Patch noted are up.

Fractals of the Mists
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.

Welp... There goes that final seal being easymode. Expected it sooner, really.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm back and there's a patch! oh happy day!
Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
yay!
Crucible of Eternity
Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
yay!
Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl’s armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.
yay!
Ascalonian Catacombs
Detha’s Path: Fixed a problem with Detha’s script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
yay!
Elementalist
Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
yay!
Thief
Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
yay!

good solid patch, no complaints <3

Ashodin

You missed the big one Hawkian

Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.

holy fuck is that a buff

Proven

Necro bugs still too hard to hash out quickly enough, it looks like. Warrior only has one bug that I'm waiting to see get fixed, but it's related to weapon swapping. Elementalists crying about Evasive Arcana got a bone thrown at them.

Giard

Seems like they added a new bug to the GS Phantasm... there's a big delay when he's summoned, so most of the time it doesn't even have the time to do one attack before dying. :|

etiolate

Banned
My Sworsman also has a delay. There used to always be a delay if you didn't take any of the traits that gave Phantasms a boon. Once you took a boon for Phantasms trait, the attacks would be instant. Now that they fixed the boon traits to actually occur, perhaps they reset all Phantasms to the untrated state?

Proven

This patch in general is not one for PvPers.

I feel sorry for the guys who invested into this game for the sPvP.

It feels like they're very, very scared about doing any balance changes, especially with classes that have a ton of bugs (Necro...). Instead, they save everything and do their PvP balance just once a month. While this does allow them to actually get a good luck on how the meta develops between changes... I just want my Power Necro to not feel so weak.

Prodigal

Banned
Can anyone re-invite me back to the guild? I guess I was booted for inactivity since I haven't played in a while but my name thing is Pravus.5146.

zon

What the heck is going on with the market?

I check the AH this morning and gold &#8594; gems is still 200g for 100 gems. Copper ore is sitting at 13 - 10 and some dye prices have fell over 20 silver? :p Other basic t1 mats are down except for Jute which is still in the low 20s?

Are people just not crafting or are there a shpoop load of new players? Damn! Start feeling like I'm getting a hang of the TP and the whole thing turns upside down overnight. Sticks of butter at 13c? WTF?

The playerbase is evenly spread out now from 1-80 so it's not surprising that some crafting materials has dropped in value. Sticks of butter is even easier to explain: speculation for the coming winter event. People are speculating like mad about what crafting materials will be needed. Many are stocking up on what they believe will be needed for whatever new crafting recipes ANet will introduce. Chocolate Bars is the craziest one so far, it was worth some coppers early last month and three days ago the sell price shot up to 1.5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom