• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

hey, I remember a few pages back you guys talked about inviting non gaf people to the guild. It said that it was fine as long as they follow the tos and register at the website. I was just wondering if it is possible, should they whisper an officer or should I?

Have them whisper an Officer, or send an in-game mail. A few of us are on right now so have em say hello.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So tomorrow. Way to go with the stupid non-translated PST times on Euro servers -.-

Has anyone tried a sword/sword Mesmer build? I've been trying the Greatsword and sword/pistol mantra build and it seems decent, but I miss the healing of Ether Feast.

Hit level 70. Still waiting for a good drop from Tequatl, but at least the items make up for the travel cost.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Adriaaa ran sword/sword. I use Sword in MH on one set and OH on the other so maybe I can help, want to know anything specific?

Blizzard forums were a special kind of special.

Here's a guy who also made up a Scepter/Mace Burn guardian build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfyT3J7XOms

His build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUE...rSR80HWBMC;T4AgyCuoYywkgJLTOmkMtAZUwpgNIvCmCA

He's using spirit weapons, and the spirit weapons cause burning trait. I tried those a few days ago myself, but I really just don't like spirit weapons. They are annoying to keep up, and they feel cheap when playing against.

The Spirit Weapons should be great, but they seem far too situational. The shield should be great, but it's stationary and doesn't stop AOE damage, and most of the ranged damage is AOE based :\

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh I really like that. Thieves' Guild, my golems, summoned elementals. I like to pull 'em out and then forget about them. :p

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013

Attribute calculations for dynamic level scaling have been rebalanced. In general, this means weaker when adjusted down, stronger when adjusted up. Rewards when adjusted down have been increased to compensate. It is now possible to receive your own level of loot from any level of enemy.
Nice!

This is a HUGE update!

I can't fathom what they will consider a big update if this is small.

The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove is now a regular vein instead of a rich vein.
Interesting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm probably being a little pessimistic (from my perspective) but I actually take that to mean that the average difficulty was scaled dramatically down and thus wipes won't be all that common except on the toughest paths. But who knows. Definitely psyched to try some runs tonight! I like the change either way... waypoint zerging sucks.

some of the more minor unf-lights
•The Risen creatures all across Orr have had their population density adjusted.
•Areas, chests, and merchants in Orr now offer better rewards.
•A new Orrian Jewelry Box has been added to karma vendors across Orr.
•The item “Heavy Moldy Bag” has been updated to drop more frequently.
•Various Risen creatures have had their loot tables updated to provide more varied crafting materials.
•The karma vendors featured in temple chains offer new exotic wares.
unf
World vs. World
•Character load times in WvW have been improved through the use of preloaded placeholder models.
unf
•Swampland fractal: The tripwires have been rebuilt to reflect their names. Several have been lifted out of the ground and made more visible.
•Fractal Marshes: The traps in the first area now scale with the difficulty scale of the fractal.
•Fractals: Added day or night time to specific fractals
unf
Ascalonian Catacombs
•Explorable—Detha’s Chain: Decreased the recharge time for cannons in the final event and modified their attacks.
•Explorable—Detha’s Chain: Adjusted the respawn rate of the groups at the “Defend Detha and her traps” event.
unf
Citadel of Flame
•Explorable—Magg’s Chain: The event to defend Magg while he plants a bomb has been rebuilt.
unf
Sorrow’s Embrace
•Explorable—Inquest Path: The infinitely spawning waves have been adjusted to no longer spawn when fighting with the golem miniboss. They will continue once the golem event completes. The group compositions were also adjusted to add more variation.
unf
Crucible of Eternity
•Explorable—Evolved Destroyer: This enemy’s health has been reduced. The time window before the shield turns back on has been increased.
unf
Ascalonian Catabombs
•Story—The Lovers: Reduced health for both bosses and damage from Ralena.
...aw. RIP tough-as-nails Lovers! :')

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still not even close to done reading.... stupid work
•Changes have been made to the attributes section of the hero panel to cleanly display more information.
Wonder what that means...

Everyone let's get on Mumble and complain about all the nice changes!!

Quip: Added visual-effects polish and footfalls.

I hope the "footfalls" make chicken/fart noises as well!

35%

Don't know what I should try first...new events, new daily, do all the dungeons again!

Got to start up the speed runs again!

Keasar

Now I regret moving back to the EU servers. :(

I seriously hope ArenaNet is looking into making guesting to other regions possible.

leng jai

Has anyone tried a sword/sword Mesmer build? I've been trying the Greatsword and sword/pistol mantra build and it seems decent, but I miss the healing of Ether Feast.

Hit level 70. Still waiting for a good drop from Tequatl, but at least the items make up for the travel cost.

Yeah I ran sword/sword on a shatter build and it was fine. The iSwordsman hits pretty hard and is an ethereal combo finisher so that's always nice. The block is decent but hard to use and the clone generation off that is unreliable. Since you'll be in melee range the entire time you need illusionary persona and the clone on dodge trait. I don't really play much anymore but I recently changed back to the sword/pistol set up because of the stun and slightly easier to use phantasm.

Proven

I'm even more disappointed with the balance changes than I expected to be.

Properly nerfing/fixing the "on next hit" type effects was necessary, but that and bug fixes was most of the class by class part of the patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I ran sword/sword on a shatter build and it was fine. The iSwordsman hits pretty hard and is an ethereal combo finisher so that's always nice. The block is decent but hard to use and the clone generation off that is unreliable. Since you'll be in melee range the entire time you need illusionary persona and the clone on dodge trait. I don't really play much anymore but I recently changed back to the sword/pistol set up because of the stun and slightly easier to use phantasm.
Note that the block is also an AoE line daze if you tap it again ;)
Wow.. it's VERY detailed. It's a little harder to read at a glance but contains much more specific info.
Really interested to see this.

leng jai

Note that the block is also an AoE line daze if you tap it again ;)

Really interested to see this.

Yeah I forgot about the daze. It's pretty useless though at least as an interrupt.

I might have to login now to see if Orr is any different. No rich ori in Southsun Cove makes the entire zone pretty useless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Now I regret moving back to the EU servers. :(

I seriously hope ArenaNet is looking into making guesting to other regions possible.
While true guesting to other regions might not be possible without a severe rework of their DB architecture, based on how it was described I could see them eventually implementing an "international" world with reduplication, that either region's players could guest on. It's not exactly a quick and easy job but I think it's totally possible in theory.

Kristen said that enabling people to play cross-region somehow is something they've always considered to be possible, just very complex and not cost-effective for right now. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they implement it eventually.

Wonder why they moved the Broodmother event in Orr? I always liked that field.

Katoki

Moar destroyer! Moar SE Inquest path.

Oh man the CoF torch fix.

WvW & PvE: Our culling system has been updated to use affinity culling, which favors allowing players to see important enemies regardless of the local player population density.

I wonder what's considered important in WvW.

The terror of Ancient Shark Pistrix and his gang of “landsharks” has finally come to an end. Players will now interact with the corpse of Pistrix in his cave in Sparkfly Fen to complete this skill challenge.

About time.

In WvW, different types of loot chests will replace the bag drop depending on loot rarity. Players should now see bags for loot that is lower than uncommon rarity and chests for loot that is uncommon rarity or higher.

What. The. Fuck? So we'll see stuff that we can't grab now because the enemy is all over it. I preferred ignorance is bliss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who's doing SE path one with me tonight? :D

•In PvE, if a player is awarded loot by killing a creature and the loot is of uncommon rarity or higher, a chest will appear that contains the loot that would previously have been on the corpse. If the rarity of the loot on the creature is lower than uncommon, the loot will remain on the creature’s corpse.
wait, hwaaa?

Katoki

I personally think that sword/sword is one of the more powerful weapon sets for a mesmer. I was able to use all the abilities effectively besides for illusionary leap in dungeons as it was mostly a shatter fodder generator.

No rich ori in Southsun Cove makes the entire zone pretty useless.

It's still considered a farm zone for everyone that has been farming there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
•A Mystic Forge recipe has been added to upgrade the Triforge Amulet to an ascended version with a utility infusion slot.
Oh shit. Best item in the game gets better o.o

edit: Ahh thanks for the screen! Man that's like twice as many numbers

Re: Southsun, a consistently-placed regular node is still worthwhile to hit up. It's easier to get to than the Orr ones for me anyway (and I don't necessarily know where they are :p)

Thanks for the tips on sword/sword. I was reading about you guys trying D/D on Eles so I was wondering if sword/sword was viable for Mesmers. I do like sword/pistol a lot but do sometimes miss the blocking when I get focused.

Was the Pistrix skill challenge bugged? I was lucky to not encounter any problems (found some people doing it and managed to find the entrance in time to get credit for it).

Katoki

Thanks for the tips on sword/sword. I was reading about you guys trying D/D on Eles so I was wondering if sword/sword was viable for Mesmers. I do like sword/pistol a lot but do sometimes miss the blocking when I get focused.

Was the Pistrix skill challenge bugged? I was lucky to not encounter any problems (found some people doing it and managed to find the entrance in time to get credit for it).

Sword/pistol is effective but feels limited (because I'm lazy) because pistol is a ranged off-hand while the sword requires you to melee. Scepter on the other-hand doesn't quite feel right with how crisp the pistol offhand animations "feel" compared to how the scepter swings.

Pistrix always seemed to bug out when players "ran" from the fight. You have to fight a veteran(?) shark and two adds which is overwhelming for some classes underwater. Running means they follow and eventually pass certain boundaries in which they become land sharks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Sword/sword's definitely viable. Just grab the Blade Training trait (which gains another 40% in usefulness). Since you'll be in melee anytime you're using that set, the block + Blurred Frenzy makes you something of a top-tier "tank," in a bizarre way. You can hold aggro in melee pretty reliably. Definitely recommend Deceptive Evasion unless you can't afford it, for when you need to roll out and recover.

The only time I ever went to Pistrix it was working fine, but I've heard it described as the most consistently-bugged point in the game. I think it's funny that they just killed him and have you tag his corpse for the SP now. Better be belly up or I'm canceling my sub

edit: I will never relinquish my Scepter, court! dat dodge offset

Who's gonna buy us a new Box o' Fun?

Why did they count WvW for 100 percent completion? WHY??? It's a nightmare trying to get poi's in there with enemy servers just trying to kill me at every opportunity :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anything about better dungeon rewards?
Sort of. Dungeons are actually kind of a complete wildcard right now. The fact that you can't respawn and they've tuned everything to match kind of means all bets are off, I really don't know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom