• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Ashodin

I did 100% complete Crystal Oasis last night, so that was cool. There's tons of stuff to do in the maps, and getting a five-man team of random players to chase Bounties is easy enough to do.

Twookie

Hello. How are you guys finding the expansion?

Do I need to buy HOT to be able to properly enjoy PoF?

I probably going to play alone since I don't really like my guild anymore, so if the singleplayer content is alright I might buy.

Ashodin

I probably going to play alone since I don't really like my guild anymore, so if the singleplayer content is alright I might buy.

Nope. But it helps! Both the expansion and HoT are $50 (PoF is $30 by itself).

And if you don't like your guild there's always GAF Guild!

SourBear

Banned
Pretty bummed out. Spent a bunch of laurels last night on ascended accessories and realized this morning I bought the wrong stat set. Damn. Don't spend money late at night and tired kids!

Ashodin

Pretty bummed out. Spent a bunch of laurels last night on ascended accessories and realized this morning I bought the wrong stat set. Damn. Don't spend money late at night and tired kids!

Maybe put in a support ticket? They might be able to help.

i played guild wars 2 way way back in beta and for a while before HoT came out.

checked out a bit of HoT, learned that revs are apparently trash, got disheartened and bailed again.

i'm toying around in the new expansion and i'm real curious where i go to check out job balance/see what's in meta and what's not?

i've casually perused the reddit and people are as hyperbolic as ever there. "weaver is a trash spec, undertuned and useless" "weaver is great and amazing and will be nerfed!" everyone's talking about seeing dps numbers and i'm not seeing any reports on those outside of verbal account.

i've checked out metabattle but unless i missed it or most pof specs aren't used, not every profession is updated?

the zerker meta was super in when i left before and i played a greatsword warrior. now i'm learning warrior is mostly just a buffbot and doesn't use power/greatsword at all anymore?

where can i get a feel of the classes and their strengths these days? there's a lot of assumed knowledge that i just can't quite grok.

doesn't help that my guild has disbanded either :\

Massicot

checked out a bit of HoT, learned that revs are apparently trash, got disheartened and bailed again.

i'm toying around in the new expansion and i'm real curious where i go to check out job balance/see what's in meta and what's not?

i've casually perused the reddit and people are as hyperbolic as ever there. "weaver is a trash spec, undertuned and useless" "weaver is great and amazing and will be nerfed!" everyone's talking about seeing dps numbers and i'm not seeing any reports on those outside of verbal account.

i've checked out metabattle but unless i missed it or most pof specs aren't used, not every profession is updated?

the zerker meta was super in when i left before and i played a greatsword warrior. now i'm learning warrior is mostly just a buffbot and doesn't use power/greatsword at all anymore?

where can i get a feel of the classes and their strengths these days? there's a lot of assumed knowledge that i just can't quite grok.

doesn't help that my guild has disbanded either :\

"Buffbot" is really underselling condi berserker. They do share a ton of might and buffs but also have really good dps for the role and great cc. Condi Druid or most Chronomancer builds are more of a pure "buff bot". But youre right in that Power warrior really isn't in vogue at the moment.

Edit: And with a few tweaks, pure condition Berserker is really good dps if you don't want to buff a group much at all.

From what I can tell/have read so far, Weaver, Firebrand, Scourge, and Soulbeast all have stellar DPS capability, with Firebrand probably at the top end at the moment. Renegade has decent dps/support and once things are tuned up I think they will be in line and are in a decent place. People are still figuring out mirage. "Zerker Meta" is a bit out of vogue but there are still some great power dps found in Weaver/Tempest, Daredevil, and Dragonhunter.

Obviously people are still learning the new stuff but this website seems up your alley

qtfy.eu

Freeman76

Maxed Scourge last night and started playing it: it's so good for those events where they throw trash mobs at you. In Tangled Depths I was doing the Chak Champion with all his little grunts and was borderline soloing it with constant max life force. I love playing classes that feel like they have high ceilings, and Scourge is that so much more than Reaper was.

Depends what your build is. I can do that easily with my Reaper build. I am also reluctant to give up my GS so havent tried scourge at all yet, easily holding my own against groups of mobs in the new zones, especially compared with my Ranger who spends more time on the floor than a drunken hooker lol

"Buffbot" is really underselling condi berserker. They do share a ton of might and buffs but also have really good dps for the role and great cc. Condi Druid or most Chronomancer builds are more of a pure "buff bot". But youre right in that Power warrior really isn't in vogue at the moment.

Edit: And with a few tweaks, pure condition Berserker is really good dps if you don't want to buff a group much at all.

From what I can tell/have read so far, Weaver, Firebrand, Scourge, and Soulbeast all have stellar DPS capability, with Firebrand probably at the top end at the moment. Renegade has decent dps/support and once things are tuned up I think they will be in line and are in a decent place. People are still figuring out mirage. "Zerker Meta" is a bit out of vogue but there are still some great power dps found in Weaver/Tempest, Daredevil, and Dragonhunter.

Obviously people are still learning the new stuff but this website seems up your alley

qtfy.eu

i may have been a bit reductionist with my words on the professions, haha. i don't mind support roles at all -- i'm just at a general sense of loss on where to go regarding which to pick as a main at the moment.

this website is incredibly useful, thank you!

Stuart444

• Holosmith—Coolant Blast: Fixed an issue that caused the heated version of this skill to sometimes heal for different amounts on each pulse. Fixed an issue that caused this skill to pulse chill to nearby foes after the initial chill burst.
  • Recipes for Spearmarshal's armor pieces are now account bound.
  • Mirage—False Oasis: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to sometimes heal for different amounts on each pulse.
  • The following traits will now be properly reapplied when the player dismounts: Brave Stride, Riddle of Sand, and Opening Strike.
  • Spellbreaker—Aura Slicer: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not display the "Removes Immobilize" skill fact when traited with Warrior's Sprint.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed dodges to be queued while using the mirage specialization.
  • Fixed an issue that caused an event chain in the Domain of Vabbi to sometimes stall out.
  • Warrior—Combustive Shot: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to have an incorrect radius and decal when used with the spellbreaker specialization.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the recipe to craft the Brandspark ring (the version with Power, Healing Power, and Concentration) to identify the "Cursed Ring" instead of the "Brandspark Ring" as its item.
  • Some recipes for Sunspear weapons have had their names clarified and updated.

From: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/161058/#Comment_161058

Noticed a HP train for the new zones already. Tempted, though I imagine that will require having more of the tier three mount masteries unlocked.

Would like to get my holosmith rounded out though, it's a bit rough not having any of it's elite skills.

Spyware

Went through all my characters, updated their builds and planned the new elite specs... and found ranger equipped with a staff.
Not a druid, hasn't unlocked druid at all. No skills in the skill bar.
So uh... how did that happen?

Went through all my characters, updated their builds and planned the new elite specs... and found ranger equipped with a staff.
Not a druid, hasn't unlocked druid at all. No skills in the skill bar.
So uh... how did that happen?

If you have the elite specialization you can equip the weapon. If you swap the elite specialization out with a different specialization, you'll still have the weapon equipped but can't use any of the skills. I was running around with an axe and shield shouting "Chrono Mirage Dual spec" in the Lilly of Elon earlier today.

Also I got Veilrender and The Cutting Edge today. I just need the champion bounty to get the Spellbreaker dagger as well.

Hello. How are you guys finding the expansion?
Excellent. Top tier. The first week with HoT has been one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

No but I really recommend it. Not only do you have some excellent maps that (Takes some getting used to but excellent), the Gen 1 elite specializations are all still important in their own way, and there were actually a number of times where gliding came in really handy in Path of Fire. Plus LWS3 is a god send for getting Ascended level items.

Running through the story has been excellent. Plus grouping up for things like Bounties and meta events is incredibly easy. Unless you're into raiding, GW2 is a game that's really easy to mostly go it alone.

Or you can join the Gaf Guild or any other guild.

Revs have only been bad for a couple of months, and that is specifically for raiding which is a content type deliberately about being incredibly difficult and pushing builds to the limit. They're still useful as DPS in raids and Renegade looks to do about 39k dps in a group setting when built and played correctly which is damn good. I dislike revenants as a class, but that's mostly because I find them to be a complete mess thematically and dislike that.

I generally advise taking complaints from people in class forums and reddit with a grain of salt.

As mentioned qtfy is superior to metabattle for PvE. Metabattle is very helpful for WvW and PvP builds. But the expansion is only 5 days old. Give people some time to figure out builds and update their site tools.

The PvP lobby is handy for giving you access to classes and builds immediately provided you have the expansion. Now a days more classes use condition damage than power damage for DPS, but power still has it's place and is generally better in things like open world and fractals where fights are much shorter.

Massicot

If you have the elite specialization you can equip the weapon. If you swap the elite specialization out with a different specialization, you'll still have the weapon equipped but can't use any of the skills. I was running around with an axe and shield shouting "Chrono Mirage Dual spec" in the Lilly of Elon earlier today.

Also I got Veilrender and The Cutting Edge today. I just need the champion bounty to get the Spellbreaker dagger as well.

Excellent. Top tier. The first week with HoT has been one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

No but I really recommend it. Not only do you have some excellent maps that (Takes some getting used to but excellent), the Gen 1 elite specializations are all still important in their own way, and there were actually a number of times where gliding came in really handy in Path of Fire. Plus LWS3 is a god send for getting Ascended level items.

Running through the story has been excellent. Plus grouping up for things like Bounties and meta events is incredibly easy. Unless you're into raiding, GW2 is a game that's really easy to mostly go it alone.

Or you can join the Gaf Guild or any other guild.

How are you getting the sunspear weapons? I still can't figure out how to make the inscription.

Spyware

Yeah but...

qN5MLpp.png

???

How are you getting the sunspear weapons? I still can't figure out how to make the inscription.

The unique named weapons just come from Rare Unidentified Gear. You can buy them off the trade post (At inflated prices.) You can get one for cheap. There is a collection to unlock all the Elonian weapons and you can pick one of the Sunspear ones for free once you complete it. You can pick all of those up from the TP for a couple of gold.

The mordant weapons are crafted. You need to unlock the Awakened skin to buy the recipe.

Yeah but...

???

Okay that's new.

Violet_0

Banned
switching from the weird lvl-80 booster gear to condition damage without spending gold is hard. Zerker would be somewhat easier since that one's pretty common, but good luck finding Viper or something similar. It's quite holding me back as bow Renegade (the bow has awful stats), and I don't have a mace and axe for the secondary weapon set. Hope the 100% map completion rewards will help, but I only have two of the mounts so far

switching from the weird lvl-80 booster gear to condition damage without spending gold is hard. Zerker would be somewhat easier since that one's pretty common, but good luck finding Viper or something similar. It's quite holding me back as bow Renegade (the bow has awful stats), and I don't have a mace and axe for the secondary weapon set. Hope the 100% map completion rewards will help, but I only have two of the mounts so far

Viper's gear being comparatively difficult to get is really my biggest gripe with the condition damage meta. I still need ascended Viper's medium and light armor sets.

Spyware

Are you on your mount, holding a bundle, or otherwise? Sometimes the game bugs out and thinks you're not the spec you are.

Oh wait wut? You are holding the item without the spec. Weird. Maybe something related.
Strange, right :D

I just found a pic from May with this character:

Sooo... she's been bugged a while! I have no idea why I didn't notice earlier :D

Auraela

Banned
zealout meta in vabbi is pretty dam hard anf requires alot of cc precision and killing one boss before he revives the other

before the two bosses spawn u have to split into 4 corners and cc 4 champs and kill all 4 in 3 minutes. pretty crazy

this event is required to be completed to get funery armor collection

Auraela

Banned
Sooo i had an idea

Every map has special rewards for doings events etc.

Why not add n xp system on top of that so say ur in queensdale n map reward is x material (or which ever other object gets chosen) the more xp u get the more u get.

Think of it like a reward track per pve map n once bar fills u get material it then goes back down requiring more xp but gives more quantity next time.

I feel this could make people play older maps more etc aswell.

Quenk

Sooo i had an idea

Every map has special rewards for doings events etc.

Why not add n xp system on top of that so say ur in queensdale n map reward is x material (or which ever other object gets chosen) the more xp u get the more u get.

Think of it like a reward track per pve map n once bar fills u get material it then goes back down requiring more xp but gives more quantity next time.

I feel this could make people play older maps more etc aswell.

Technically that's what happens already. The map rewards are on a track and at certain intervals you get more of a certain map.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

"Every 20th reward gives ten times as many of the current item."

So having played through a number of elite specializations at this point I figured I'd just talk about my thoughts on them.

Firebrand: Firebrand is obviously very strong, but despite that I feel like it's overall a very strong spec. It has a very intuitive and responsive play style. Mantras are great thematically and very, very strong. The damage is very overpowered, but it's in a group setting with Ashes of the Just that makes it really insane. I really like the fact that currently people are running this build with some really unusual equipment, specifically Runes of Balthazar because of their interaction with the heal skill.

Axe is all around a fun weapon that feels good.

Spellbreaker: Spellbreaker is pretty good. The daggers are mostly a good kit and feel good to use, though ultimately the damage numbers on Bladestorm and the auto attack chain are reaaaaally undertuned. Unfortunately in group PvE like Fractals and Raids, Spellbreaker's specific blend of sustain and damage just isn't good for the game type and will see little to no use.

Full Counter is one of my favorite abilities in the game. It reminds me of pissing my friends off with Marth's Counter in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I wish it had a component where you redirected the damage absorbed back at the enemy that hit you. The idea of a spec that does damage by predicting and properly timing counter attacks is appealing to me and something like that could really help spellbreaker really shine in PvE. Imagine a class that can do amazing damage because the player can predict things like Matthias's Vaults and Hadokens and counters them and just dumps a ton of damage on the boss.

I feel like Full Counter shouldn't work off adrenaline and should just operate off a traditional cooldown. The restriction of only being able to use level 1 burst skills seems extremely unnecessary.

One of the things I really like about this build is that the animations have a cool magical component that still feels like it fits on the otherwise unmagical warrior class.

Holosmith is a mixed bag. There are talks about the damage numbers. The animations and spell effects are all great. The class is incredibly themed well and I think the photon forge and heat mechanic are great and intuitive. I think the sword doesn't feel great. Something about the auto attack chain lacks the flow it needs to feel good. The Photon Forge skills feel okay. Again the auto attack feels off to me.

I really liked all the utility skills. My favorite is actually not the ultimate laser beam but the spinning blades.

I feel like condition Holosmith was far more powerful than power Holosmith.

Mirage: Mirage sucks. Like in theory it's all exactly what I would have picked, but everything is implemented poorly. I don't like anything about the class. It's damage is a bigger improvement on condition mesmer than I was expecting but it's still super low. Almost all of the ambush skills are outright DPS losses but for triggering Dune Cloak trait every 20 seconds.

That just baffles me. You dump an entire bar of endurance to do an attack that is worse than auto attacking.

Axe is exactly what I wanted the spec to use, but it feels so off. It leaves you more defenseless than all the other mesmer weapons. It's damage isn't that high. It has a weird floaty auto attack and the three skill has this weird delay on it.

Mirage Cloak has potential in theory. I appreciate that they gave it 1 second of invincibility frames over the traditional .75 frames after feedback, but the fact that you can only properly evade in 3/8 potential directions without having to twist you camera around or waste frames doing an about face makes it suck. I'm frequently dodging away from my target, especially in PvP where mesmer is a condi based kiter. Mirage cloak should let you evade away or to the sides at the same speed as dodge rolling.

Deception skills sounds good in theory but this ultimately means that the utilities are four shadow steps and a condition damage attack. They're all exceptionally boring and unexciting.

There were tons of things Mirage could have done that would have justified it's existence and it did none of them. I think it's hands down the worst elite spec out of both Gen 1 and Gen 2 by a huge margin.

Scourge: Scourge is legit. Torch is a great weapon. The punishments are a mixed bag but Trail of Sand and the portal are both fun and interesting. Scourge feels like it can do a ton of burst damage to large groups of enemies but has problems with sustain. Scepter is the obvious weapon to use with this spec but it generates so little Life Force and you need to use so much life force you basically have to run dagger just for that purpose.

The new F skills are all cool. Summoning shades and pulsing out condis to large groups of enemies feels like an old turret engineer on steroids. I feel like the spec demands that you play around with the F1-5 skills too much. Like you're practically playing your F1-5 more than your weapon skills it feels like. If I end up maining this I might have to pick up a proper gaming mouse because I'm just not used to using this many keys so frequently.

Barrier feels like an after thought. I wasn't impressed with it to be honest.

In terms of how much I like the overall package it goes

1. Firebrand
2. Scourge
3. Spellbreaker
4. Holosmith
5. Mirage.

I still haven't played much renegade, soulbeast, deadeye and weaver yet. I'll probably try weaver next.

What are your guys's thoughts on the elite specs you've played?

Ashodin

Firebrand's axe is REALLY powerful. I think it's because its range is so small (even with the axe auto having a phantom axe). I regularly crush my opponents with it and I have more fun with it than Sword.

I also enjoy the pull on it and think I needed another breakbar ability.

Morokh

Strange, right :D

I just found a pic from May with this character:

Sooo... she's been bugged a while! I have no idea why I didn't notice earlier :D

Maybe you brought her to the PvP lobby at one point and equipped Druid and the staff there ?

Just fought a mesmer that had a small army of himself running around.

No idea how you're supposed to get the real one when he's constantly disappearing every second with new clones popping up all the time.

No idea how you're supposed to get the real one when he's constantly disappearing every second with new clones popping up all the time.

A lot of it just comes down to training the eye. Mesmer clones tend to move in a very linear fashion (if they move at all) so if you see one moving with any sort of wiggle, backing up, or moving in a zigzag that'll be the player. Can't do to much about stealth but just try and predict with AoE fields.

Mesmers are a noob stomper in PvP. A few tips:

1. Clones don't move like a human player at all so once you see it in action more it is very easy to tell the two apart.

2. Clones have very very little health and are easily cleaved down. They probably have less than 500 health. Phantasms have a fair amount of health, but they are purple and translucent.

Mirage: Mirage sucks. Like in theory it's all exactly what I would have picked, but everything is implemented poorly. I don't like anything about the class. It's damage is a bigger improvement on condition mesmer than I was expecting but it's still super low. Almost all of the ambush skills are outright DPS losses but for triggering Dune Cloak trait every 20 seconds.

That just baffles me. You dump an entire bar of endurance to do an attack that is worse than auto attacking.

Axe is exactly what I wanted the spec to use, but it feels so off. It leaves you more defenseless than all the other mesmer weapons. It's damage isn't that high. It has a weird floaty auto attack and the three skill has this weird delay on it.

Mirage Cloak has potential in theory. I appreciate that they gave it 1 second of invincibility frames over the traditional .75 frames after feedback, but the fact that you can only properly evade in 3/8 potential directions without having to twist you camera around or waste frames doing an about face makes it suck. I'm frequently dodging away from my target, especially in PvP where mesmer is a condi based kiter. Mirage cloak should let you evade away or to the sides at the same speed as dodge rolling.

Deception skills sounds good in theory but this ultimately means that the utilities are four shadow steps and a condition damage attack. They're all exceptionally boring and unexciting.

There were tons of things Mirage could have done that would have justified it's existence and it did none of them. I think it's hands down the worst elite spec out of both Gen 1 and Gen 2 by a huge margin.
My mesmer is my main, and has been since launch... And yeah, I totally agree. I tried to be optimistic, but it's just a really disappointing elite. I don't understand how it ended up such a mess.

Violet_0

Banned
Can't really complain when Chrono ended up being so good.

hm, according to some random people on the /map chat in Verdant Brink (my primary go-to source for everything GW2!) Mesmer is in a bad spot right now, damage-wise anyway. It sounds like the balance between classes is pretty whack atm. It just would be nice if power phantasm Mesmer would be viable for anything but world PvE, but I don't think they ever were?

Maledict

hm, according to some random people on the /map chat in Verdant Brink (my primary go-to source for everything GW2!) Mesmer is in a bad spot right now, damage-wise anyway. It sounds like the balance between classes is pretty whack atm. It just would be nice if power phantasm Mesmer would be viable for anything but world PvE, but I don't think they ever were?

Has Mesmer *ever* been in a good spot damage wise? Maybe I’m just unlucky in when I chose to play the game, but Mesmer dps specs always seem to have had significant issues. Either phantoms being killed off before they can get value, clones not shattering problem, conditions not working properly and just a general lack of overall decent dps options. Chrono was good because it brought a unique buff boost to a group for me rather than having to compete with the FPS (and failing...).

My issue is what spec I should be using to do overground pve content. Having given up on my thief for being far too squishy, I’m now looking at my Mesmer and appear to have forgotten everything they can do... ;-)

Violet_0

Banned
Has Mesmer *ever* been in a good spot damage wise? Maybe I'm just unlucky in when I chose to play the game, but Mesmer dps specs always seem to have had significant issues. Either phantoms being killed off before they can get value, clones not shattering problem, conditions not working properly and just a general lack of overall decent dps options. Chrono was good because it brought a unique buff boost to a group for me rather than having to compete with the FPS (and failing...).

My issue is what spec I should be using to do overground pve content. Having given up on my thief for being far too squishy, I'm now looking at my Mesmer and appear to have forgotten everything they can do... ;-)
I only played during GW2 release, HoT release and now, but I *think* Mesmer has usually been pretty low-tier. Though I think Chrono was pretty popular has a purely support class

I ran my Mesmer through HoT with relatively little trouble, but I still haven't quite figured out how to survive aggro in longer fights when Decoy is on cd. I don't think anything can be more squishy than my Mesmer

DrAg0nBoY

Got all the mastery points I need to level up my masteries to full. Now I only need to farm for the exp, lol xD.

That went alot quicker than with HoT and the Core masteries.

leng jai

I only played during GW2 release, HoT release and now, but I *think* Mesmer has usually been pretty low-tier. Though I think Chrono was pretty popular has a purely support class

I ran my Mesmer through HoT with relatively little trouble, but I still haven't quite figured out how to survive aggro in longer fights when Decoy is on cd. I don't think anything can be more squishy than my Mesmer

I fail to see how Mesmer can ever be considered as squishy, if you're using a staff/sword it's bloody hard to die actually. The amount of stealth, evades, distortions and stun breakers at your disposal is pretty insane.

Got all the mastery points I need to level up my masteries to full. Now I only need to farm for the exp, lol xD.

I still need a ton for HoT. Feels like I have all of the accessible ones, and now need to do achievements to get enough to finish the last 3 tiers.

Stuart444

I counted after getting my hidden mount and I only need 31 mastery points... and I have 31 insights to do

hmmm....

Stuart444

I'm having trouble figuring out what Core Tyria MPs I should try for. Many of them seem hard, grindy or requires a bit of money (Fashion one). I have 12 MPs (including all Insights) but I need 23 I think to Max Core Tyria Masteries out. >_<

Massicot

Mesmer has a couple viable dps builds: condi mesmer is still a great tool for a couple of movement heavy boss fights and there are some power dps builds that are still really good for mechanic heavy boss fights (such as the last half of Arkk) since they have decent dps uptime compared to other classes even if you have to interrupt your rotation to do mechanics. Sure, they don't top the benchmark charts, but they're fine.

And chronomancer is far and away the best support class in the game. I will be honest and say I don't really know much about Mirage at all but if you can play chronomancer even half-decently, you'll never, ever have to fight for a raid/fractal spot, and you'll make a lot of friends easily.

Also, don't use cdkeys.

elproducto75

Neo Member
Haven't played since before Heart of Thorns. Obviously I'll be starting fresh, is there any reason to buy the expansions now? Or I should I just play through the base game again first?

And these Living Stories, do I have to buy them separately?

Stuart444

Haven't played since before Heart of Thorns. Obviously I'll be starting fresh, is there any reason to buy the expansions now? Or I should I just play through the base game again first?

And these Living Stories, do I have to buy them separately?

Depends on if you want to go through the story in order, if you don't, you can start PoF and get the mount and then go back and do the main story which is fun. (assuming you're level 80). Otherwise you can feel free to play through the story and buy the expansion when you're ready.

Living Stories are seperate purchases but if you log in when they are available initially you don't need to pay for them. Won't help you for LWS2 and LWS3 but for LWS4, it will.

Also you need HoT for LWS3 (since it takes place after HoT) and PoF for LWS4. Though you don't need HoT/PoF to unlock LWS3/LWS4 (assuming LWS4 is like LWS3) but you need the expansions to play each of them respectfully.

You do not need HoT to play PoF though. But if you care about story, continuity, etc, you'll probably want to buy them. Gliding which is HoT-only is useful as well. (some would say mounts make them obsolete but you get more control over gliding depending on where you're going while mounts can easily overshoot the mark/run off the edge by accident in my experience.

Top Bottom