• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero 2 Demo Watch and New Songs!?!?

D3VI0US

Lock if old but I haven't really been keeping up with all the announced shit. Anyways I walk into EB today to see if they have the GH2 demo which they didn't. They did have a copy of Okami finally, ****ers only ordered like 3 copies or something when it came out and now they have a shitton when no one cares anymore, I had to give my money to Best Buy which I usually don't like doing. Enough about their ass backwards business practices, the more interesting thing was the GH2 display box they had. Cherry Red SG pack in and on the back it had these songs listed:

You Really Got Me
Strutter
YYZ
War Pigs
Beast and the Harlot? (can't read my handwriting on that one)
Crazy on You
Rock This Town
Woman (If this is Wolfmother **** yeah!)
Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
Carry On Wayward Son
Heart Shaped Box
Killing in the Name Of :)D)
Sweet Child of Min
Message in a Bottle
Shout at the Devil
Laid to Rest? (Handwriting again)
Mother

Anyways that's ****ing awesome cause finally they got some tracks that I'm really gonna dig on like Wolfmother even though I would have prefered Joker and the Theif. Anyways can't wait.

As far as the demo watch goes I checked EB, Borders, Barnes and Noble, Safeway, and QFC in the Seattle area and couldn't find shit. Lemme know if you guys find it anywhere, either PM me or post in this thread. Thanks.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Select EB/Gamestops will have a playable version of Guitar Hero II on the last Sunday of this month! Additionally, they're rocking some tournament early next year for customers who reserve the game. Ask at your local store to see if they're doing it. I'm pretty sure it's based on Guitar Hero I sales, so not all stores will be participating.

Is this demo gonna be in Official Playstation Magazine, or distributed another way? I read that it was in the November issue of OPM in another thread. I've gotta have this demo one way or another. Oh but I do live in Canada if that matters at all.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, and I will owe you my immortal soul. Or eternal gratitude.. something suitably epic like that.

I'll mention this one more time: if you have any questions to ask the developers, I'm meeting them Friday so PM any questions to me. Gotta be quick!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
PedroLumpy said:
Is this demo gonna be in Official Playstation Magazine, or distributed another way? I read that it was in the November issue of OPM in another thread. I've gotta have this demo one way or another. Oh but I do live in Canada if that matters at all.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, and I will owe you my immortal soul. Or eternal gratitude.. something suitably epic like that.

yeah, it's in OPM, I just got my issue in the mail the other day and others have said it's on newstands some places as well. Don't know if there'll be a stand alone demo at game stores later.

Demo rocks btw.

JonathanEx said:
I'll mention this one more time: if you have any questions to ask the developers, I'm meeting them Friday so PM any questions to me. Gotta be quick!

ask them about their on going jokes about "accordian hero."

koam

JonathanEx said:

Ask them to get tool and apc on there. :)

tralfazz

JonathanEx said:

Some obvious ones.
1) When is the release of the 360 version or when will we get more info? Is the final controller wireless? Are GH1 songs downloadable? How much?

2) What is the official wireless controller advertised on EBGames website?

3) What is the rerelease of GH1 on EBGames site? Is it the first version with practice mode and the co-op modes added?

4) Are some artists and songs being held back from announcement as unlockables?

5) How many official songs are in the final version and how many indies?

BuddyC

While I'm not from Harmonix or RedOctane, I'm fairly confident in these responses.

tralfazz said:
Some obvious ones.
1) When is the release of the 360 version or when will we get more info? Is the final controller wireless? Are GH1 songs downloadable? How much?
It's not hitting till next year. GH1 songs will be downloadable, but the price has yet to be determined. And if I'm remembering right, the guitar was confirmed as wired.

tralfazz said:
2) What is the official wireless controller advertised on EBGames website?
I think that one's rather self-explanatory. They saw an opportunity and capitalized on it, likely not bundled due to price.

tralfazz said:
3) What is the rerelease of GH1 on EBGames site? Is it the first version with practice mode and the co-op modes added?
I would assume this is just a stand alone, non-bundled release of Guitar Hero for those that buy the game / guitar bundle for Guitar Hero 2 and want to buy the original but don't want to buy another guitar along with it. This would also explain the lower price point.

I'll bring up wireless and some things mentioned there. Doing some final preparations for me going down to meet them, pretty scared! First face to face interview, and it's with the Project Lead and Associate Producer. Eeeep.

BuddyC

JonathanEx said:
I'll bring up wireless and some things mentioned there. Doing some final preparations for me going down to meet them, pretty scared! First face to face interview, and it's with the Project Lead and Associate Producer. Eeeep.
Best of luck, definitely let us know how it goes.

blahness

JonathanEx said:

ask them what songs they wanted to get but couldnt this time or if there were any songs from an artist that they initially were shooting for but ended up picking a different song from the same artist

mrwilt

JonathanEx said:

Just picture them in their underwear. :D
Good luck.

Vlad

Got the demo today.

Looks like the definitely loosened up the HOPOs a bit, and I'm surprised that it's not really bothering me. One thing I noticed is that some of the solos are pretty all over the place (YYZ and You Really Got Me especially) and trying to do those with GH1's super-strict timing would most likely have been a bit too tough.

Love the three button chords, too.

blahness

Vlad said:
Got the demo today.

Looks like the definitely loosened up the HOPOs a bit, and I'm surprised that it's not really bothering me. One thing I noticed is that some of the solos are pretty all over the place (YYZ and You Really Got Me especially) and trying to do those with GH1's super-strict timing would most likely have been a bit too tough.

Love the three button chords, too.
so there is an expert mode on the demo?

Tek

I picked up the mag with the demo at Waldenbooks which is in one of the local malls

Louisville, Ky

I also saw the new EGM and pissed that my issue hasnt came thru the mail yet

Anyone else still waiting on the new EGM or just me?

vireland

Okay, I've played it, and this sucks.

I just confirmed that Wireless V is incompatible with the GH II demo, and probably GH II now that RO is releasing their own wireless controller. The blue button is forward/accept and the yellow button is back/cancel, but NONE of the colored buttons work in the actual game performance. The game plays ITSELF, perfectly, if you have the Wireless V installed. Sucks. Fortunately the two WV's I bought are less than 30 days old, so back they go - ~$150 bullet dodged. If YOU have one, I'd recommend the same as long as you're still in the return policy window.

atomsk

Party Pooper
got it at Cub Foods supermarket today on the way home in peoria il. they only had one copy.

just played through the 4 songs on hard. i'm so out of practice.

God the solos in You Really Got Me and Yyzz destroyed me on Expert. Three-finger chords are really awkward, but I'm sure it is something you get used to.

Ceebs

Either I am out of practice, or the game has gotten harder.

Also...maybe it's just my speakers, but it sounds like the tracks are not yet mastered in the demo.

Fusebox

Banned
Wish I was in America to grab this mag but I'm not so I've been looking everywhere for a torrent of the demo but nobody has uploaded it yet. :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
goddamn, i just hooked up GH1 and I can't play it for shit. I never used the up/down strum before and it completely changes the complexity of it all. Looking forward to the demo though. My OPM better show up soon.

Oh gosh. I really need to practice! I can do most of the songs in Medium with approximately 95%, but I can't, really can't, play the same song on Hard. What's with all the Chord + Non-Chord in Strutter? :'(

BuddyC

Littleberu said:
Oh gosh. I really need to practice! I can do most of the songs in Medium with approximately 95%, but I can't, really can't, play the same song on Hard. What's with all the Chord + Non-Chord in Strutter? :'(
Strutter really kicks my ass on Hard, but I've found Shout at the Devil on Hard to be good practice for quick chord changes.

I beat everything in Expert on the first try and have gotten 5-star ratings in Strutter and YYZ, working on the others!

The best part about Guitar Hero 360 will be the leaderboards! With me at the top!!

Synthesizer Patel said:
I beat everything in Expert on the first try and have gotten 5-star ratings in Strutter and YYZ, working on the others!

The best part about Guitar Hero 360 will be the leaderboards! With me at the top!!

Hehehehe, sure thing buddy. I'll be at the party celebrating your rise to the top! With all the other friends you most certainly have with those ace socializing skills you have there!

Anyway thanks to the others for posting where they got it, just waiting on the Canadian connection....

And is the demo single player only?

Synthesizer Patel said:

Damn man.

I gotta check my local Borders tomorrow to see if they have this. Maybe hit up the Smithhaven mall as well.

rhino4evr

I looked at 5 places today with no luck. Sucks, really wanted it tonight. Will be busy all weekend. If anyone in S.Florida spots it, make sure to post or PM me. Thanks. :)

Drakken

I'm a subscriber, but I still haven't received the Nov. issue. I must have called at least 7 stores today trying to find a place that has it. No-go on all of them. :-/

PedroLumpy said:
And is the demo single player only?

It has co-op too, though you'll need two SGs for that, of course.

Drakken said:
I'm a subscriber, but I still haven't received the Nov. issue. I must have called at least 7 stores today trying to find a place that has it. No-go on all of them. :-/

It has co-op too, though you'll need two SGs for that, of course.

Absolutely amazing, thank you very much.

Tomorrow after school, me and my friend are going to stock up on snacks and then see if we can find the new OPM before Monopoly. :lol

GOOD THING I HAVE TO SG GUITARS. D:

dextran said:
subscribe.txt

Banned
I can't beleive Wolfmother are in there! I was just explaining Guitar Hero to Myles (drummer) yesterday and he didn't even know what it was!!

Oneself

Wow, I just tried the demo (had it for a few days but didn't take the time to try it... too much Okami) and I can't ****ing nail a song on hard or expert. DAMN. It's much harder than the first one!:lol I can't wait to try the multiplayer though, it's gonna... well... rock.

Top Bottom