• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II Confirmed For Xbox360

big_z

this friggen sucks. i dont have a 360 and don't want to buy an inferior version of the game. it would have been better to announce GH3 for all nextgen platforms....

hopefully they announce wii/ps3 versions in the next couple of days

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
If there's any game where "inferior" doesn't mean shit it's Guitar Hero. The game is still 100% playable, and just as fun, on PS2. All you miss is possible DLC, a wireless guitar, and scoreboards. You'll be having 95% of the fun Guitar Hero offers.

teruterubozu said:
Please. Chuck Berry was doing that when Pete was in his diapers. :)
Chuck_Berry_-_St._Louis_To_Liverpool.jpg

and Chuck Berry had a hidden camera installed so he could see what Pete was doing in his diapers.

Don't forget better graphics.

And downloadable content is HUGE for this game, its importance cannot be overstated. Sorry but the PS2 version just became obsolete along with the system it runs on.

SnakeXs

Gary Whitta said:
Don't forget better graphics.

And downloadable content is HUGE for this game, its importance cannot be overstated. Sorry but the PS2 version just became obsolete along with the system it runs on.

Hyperbole much?

Yes DLC ads a ton of content, but that doesn't make the PS2 version obsolete. There's still a TON of fun to be had. Obviously if you have the choice, it's obvious, but some people don't like DLC or paying more for a game they already paid money for, and, again, the PS2 version has a TON of content as is. There's a difference, but "obsolete" (along with your system it runs on comment) is going way too far.

Edit: And graphics are just about the last thing to mention when it comes to GH, unless you're an unlucky sap who has an HDTV with scaling lag issues. It's so far from an issue it's not even funny. OMG MY RED CIRCLE IS CLEARER, AA MAKES ME PLAY BETTER, get a grip.

IAmNude

Banned
big_z said:
this friggen sucks. i dont have a 360 and don't want to buy an inferior version of the game. it would have been better to announce GH3 for all nextgen platforms....

hopefully they announce wii/ps3 versions in the next couple of days
Here's an idea- Buy a 360. I swear, the fanboy stuff is ridiculous. I can see prefering one, but not buying a console where there are games you want is stupid

Mrbob

Hmm, I was all Xbox 360 but now I'm starting to reconsider based on one fact...

I already have a PS2 guitar, so I'm hoping with an adapter I can use it on PS3 for Guitar Hero 3.

Raistlin

teruterubozu said:
Kramer is part of Gibson.
That's a Kramer Imperial, but it's modeled exactly after the more expensive Gibson Explorer.

U2's The Edge is known to rock the vintage Gibson Explorer:

Oh yeah ... I forgot Gibson bought them after the Kramer 'resurection'. I didn't realize they used the same logo.

I've owned a couple old-school Kramers ... way before the died and where reborn.

Fantastic necks!

big_z

IAmNude said:
Here's an idea- Buy a 360. I swear, the fanboy stuff is ridiculous. I can see prefering one, but not buying a console where there are games you want is stupid

im not buying a console for one game.... :|

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
IAmNude said:

Did you ever consider that it isn't a fanboy thing at? If the poster was like "I'm getting a PS3 not a 360 this sucks!" then your post would make sense.

A 360 is expensive for a lot of people, man. They don't wanna/can't upgrade until a pricedrop or two.

Mrbob said:
Hmm, I was all Xbox 360 but now I'm starting to reconsider based on one fact...

I already have a PS2 guitar, so I'm hoping with an adapter I can use it on PS3 for Guitar Hero 3.

Yeah, what's the deal with dancepads and other PS1/PS2 controllers working on the PS3? How about the NeGcon if for nothing else than legacy gaming. And what's the deal with Linux development? Enquiring minds...

You gotta be shitting me in caring that much about getting the PS2 version instead of the Xbox 360 version. I'm going to get the PS2 version day one and love it like a newborn child.

CajoleJuice said:
You gotta be shitting me in caring that much about getting the PS2 version instead of the Xbox 360 version. I'm going to get the PS2 version day one and love it like a newborn child.

And you should! Since I've got PS2 and 360 I want the version with leaderboards and such, but the game is way more important than the platform. Gamers should get GH2 on whatever system they've got.

M3wThr33

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Don't you want to pay $10 more so your friends can start at the models in the background more?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
And you should! Since I've got PS2 and 360 I want the version with leaderboards and such, but the game is way more important than the platform. Gamers should get GH2 on whatever system they've got.
Exactly. If you already have a 360, or were planning on getting one soon, the Xbox 360 one is the version to get. For others who have a PS2 and don't feel like spending the money on next-gen yet I really don't see why you would care THAT MUCH about getting an "inferior version." Personally, I don't feel like buying another controller anyway. I guess leaderboards would be cool. The only thing I'm going to miss is the extra songs. Oh well. I'll still have plenty to entertain me until the next version.

SnakeXs

M3wThr33 said:
Don't you want to pay $10 more so your friends can start at the models in the background more?

No, but I do for the chance for a larger catalog/GH1 songs with GH2 perks (co-****ing-op, practice), and leaderboards for some friendly competition with friends. Thanks for asking.

D3VI0US

You can't make the old version obsolete but you can make this version superior in every way. More songs, online scoreboards, downloadable everything. If it ships day and date on the 360 I'm gonna strongly consider it depending on what it offers but even one day late is one day too many for my budget cause I don't own a 360 yet but this is just one more reason to get one.

Teleporter

Ha this is so hironic! Just bought the original Guitar Hero + guitar today! (It was my birthday present) Amazing game, but seeing this makes me mad...and happy! Wierd!
Well Do you guys think might be a way to use the PS2 guitar controler on the xbox60? Maybe a usb port adaptor or something? Man great news for the xbox front today... Nice one MS!

Amir0x

Banned
Teleporter said:
Nice one MS!

i doubt MS had anything to do with this... once the buy out happened, it was immediately suggested that Guitar Hero would be coming to many, many other platforms. I doubt it's going to stop at 360. Wiitar Hero should be announced with added drum functionality or somes hit next week :lol

Here Be Dragons said:
"That is not a wireless guitar...not sure if they'll make one...I sure hope they do!"

No word on the retail release controller. Apparently the demo controller isn't.
well, on one hand that's a shame, but on the other it makes me worry less about the cost.

given that i was presuming $10 more for the 360 version just, because it's the 360 version, i was really worrying how much cost the wireless controller was going to add.

money is a very real issue this winter. there is more stuff to buy that i want than i can afford. guitar hero will dominate over just about anything, but if the game and controller bundle was three digits, it'd mean i missed out on something else.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
teruterubozu said:
Xbox 360 Debug/Dev kits don't support wireless controllers in general, so the prototype has to be wired.
Bullshit. The prototype may have to be wired because it's easier to develop it when it's wired, but debug kits have no problem with wireless controllers.

Blimblim said:
Bullshit. The prototype may have to be wired because it's easier to develop it when it's wired, but debug kits have no problem with wireless controllers.

Really? I could have sworn...Oh well.
Besides, further examination of the picture above, it seems that that is a retail Xbox 360 unit. My bad.

Baker

Banned
I surprised a lot of people aren't happy it's wired. I got shit on by a boatload of people when I bitched that the the DOA joystick wasn't wireless. You know, because of all that .00001ms lag and whatever else they wanted to whine about.

I still wouldn't give up all hope. Looking at those major nelson pics, you can see the strum bar is already tore to shit. I'm hoping the retail version can withstand more than one day of play.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
teruterubozu said:
Really? I could have sworn...Oh well.
Besides, further examination of the picture above, it seems that that is a retail Xbox 360 unit. My bad.
Lots of debug kits are white. I really doubt this 360 is a retail one.

Argyle

Why are people surprised that the controller is wired? Last I checked MS isn't allowing any 3rd parties to make wireless controllers, so unless that part of their licensing agreement changed (or MS makes the guitar themselves), I wouldn't expect the controller to be wireless?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Maybe it's wired for a demo at a games convention in order to, you know, keep people from just walking away with it. I'm pretty sure MS predominantly uses wired controllers at conventions and in demo units for the same reason.

Shig said:
Maybe it's wired for a demo at a games convention in order to, you know, keep people from just walking away with it. I'm pretty sure MS predominantly uses wired controllers at conventions and in demo units for the same reason.

Yeah, that and the fact that with that many units, some interference is pretty much guaranteed. Oh, and the battery recharging problem.

sangreal

Argyle said:
Why are people surprised that the controller is wired? Last I checked MS isn't allowing any 3rd parties to make wireless controllers, so unless that part of their licensing agreement changed (or MS makes the guitar themselves), I wouldn't expect the controller to be wireless?

This was true at the time of 360's launch, no idea if it is true now. You can get the full licensing agreement from that time from MadKatz' SEC filings

SnakeXs

Blimblim said:
I'm uploading the fixed audio version of that video right now, it will be done in 15 minutes.

ww1.gif

*bows*
"We are not worthy, we are not worthy!!"

----

Banned
Well since it's wired by USB hopefully you can at least use it on other systems. I really don't like buying peripherals especially if they only work on 1 system.

jedimike

IAmNude said:
You're telling me there are no other 360 games you want? What genres do you like?

This is a GHII thread... I know the "one" game statement is retarded, but don't give in and derail the thread.

back on topic... I see no reason why the retail unit won't be wireless.

Top Bottom