• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II Confirmed For Xbox360

Mar

big_z said:
im not buying a console for one game.... :|

Heh. Wish I could live by this line. I think nearly every system I've ever bought was initially for a one must have game.

Master System: R-Type.

NES: Metroid (bought after finishing Super Metroid).

Megadrive: Hmm... Score one for multigames.

SNES: Street Fighter 2.

PS1: Ridge Racer.

PS2: Impulse buy with impulse games.

Gamecube: Mario Kart.

GBA: Mario Kart.

DS: Mario Kart.

PSP: Ultimate GNG.

Coming soon:

Xbox 360: Dead Rising.

element

teruterubozu said:
Xbox 360 Debug/Dev kits don't support wireless controllers in general, so the prototype has to be wired.
totally not true. new devkits don't come with wireless controllers. first batch did, and I use wireless in my office.

Ryun1

Martoo said:
Master System: R-Type.
Strangely enough, that was the last Master System game I bought. THen my MS died 2 days into playing. 4 weeks and $40 later, I got my system back, and I still play R-type when I visit my parents' house.

Is it conceivable to think that there'll be a PS2-->USB adapter thingamajig made by some 3rd party so that I can connect my existing Guitar controller to my 360? I'm pretty sure they make these kinda things for DDR dance pads, but I don't know if they work well or not. I'm really leaning towards the 360 version (DLC ho!) but I don't want to have to buy more guitars then I need to, if I can just fenagle my old one to work.

IAmtheFMan said:
Is it conceivable to think that there'll be a PS2-->USB adapter thingamajig made by some 3rd party so that I can connect my existing Guitar controller to my 360? I'm pretty sure they make these kinda things for DDR dance pads, but I don't know if they work well or not. I'm really leaning towards the 360 version (DLC ho!) but I don't want to have to buy more guitars then I need to, if I can just fenagle my old one to work.

The 360 only works with licensed game controllers. This currently makes adapters impossible unless somebody wants to build their own using a licensed controller as a parts donor.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The 360 only works with licensed game controllers. This currently makes adapters impossible unless somebody wants to build their own using a licensed controller as a parts donor.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. :(

Spencerr

Banned
omfg I was just thinking about buying a ps2 so I could play guitar hero 2 now I'm going to go shit myself. kthx bye. Excellent news.

Considering that I'm already buying $500+ worth of games this fall and will barely have the time to play them, I'm fine with waiting until 2007.

Hooker

PS2 version it is ^^.

Will get the PS3 version that's bound to come out as well, along with the microtransactions. 2007 release interferes with my new PC along with SupCom

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
****, no wireless, either.

Shit.

Looks like a total BOHICA for me/some of us. PS2 version with just the game when it comes, then 360 version + a second guitar for 360 when it comes (and prolly 2 wireless ones when they announce those at some point), plus DLC.

At least make it up to me/us by having the whole GH1 set list on Marketplace for a reasonable price, ligically/hopefully wit all the GH2 perks (training, co-op).

I hate it since I know I complain now, but will not only buy it all, but do so with a stupid grin on my face when the time comes. Damn ye, magic of Guitar Hero. :lol

I really thought they'd not announce the 360 version until the PS2 version had been out for more than 30 days (to avoid easy returns). That would maximize the double-dipping. At least they are straight with us.

Joates

Banned
Aurelius said:
Nice. I was thinking about getting the PS2 version, but I'll wait for this one. :)

Glad to hear it... We all needed to know, next time though, create a new thread please so more people know your feelings.

LJ11

JoatesDogg187 said:
Glad to hear it... We all needed to know, next time though, create a new thread please so more people know your feelings.

:lol

JoatesDogg finally posts...:lol

BuG

As long as it's as awesome as the version I played for five minutes in Harvey Norman I'm there. I was contemplating buying an old-and-busted PS2 just for this but thankfully now I won't have to.

edit: Old? I've been as oblivious as this JoatesDogg guy.

Joates

Banned
BuG said:
As long as it's as awesome as the version I played for five minutes in Harvey Norman I'm there. I was contemplating buying an old-and-busted PS2 just for this but thankfully now I won't have to.

edit: Old? I've been as oblivious as this JoatesDogg guy.

What? Ive known the whole time. What are you talking about? Did you read my original post up there?

Top Bottom