• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero II Final Tracklist Revealed

Drakken

M3wThr33 said:
There's no Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is..., Panic! At the Disco, White Stripes, AFI, Yellowcard, CKY, Green Day, Killers, My Chemical Romance, etc.

Yeah, that's one thing I'm happy about.

As for bonus songs -- Even Rats is amazing, definitely my favorite. All of This and Sail Your Ship By are really good too. I came to like most of them. Farewell Myth, Eureka, I've Found Love, and Hey are probably the weakest ones (the first is WTH?, and the latter two are boring).

demi

Fusebox said:
Don't touch that dial, you're tuned into Emo-FM...

After listening to the new Senses Fail, there are defintely some songs on there I would love to play to. Some nice guitar action going on (#3 and #11 in particular).

jett

D-Member
Harmonix should try getting licenses to arrange classic game tunes into guitarwank, that'd be kinda cool. Like Ken's SF2 theme or sumthin'.

Fusebox

Banned
I agree, stuff like The Simpsons or South Park theme songs, or the main Mario theme song or something would be a hoot.

Some guy at work today was saying that the Mega Man theme was going to be in the game. That was the first I had heard of that rumor. I quickly dismissed it for how stupid it sounded, but at the same time it would kick ass to have it.

Speaking of game soundtracks that would be cool to play in Guitar Hero, I was listening to the F Zero X soundtrack today, and my god if they made those songs into Guitar Hero it would bring mortal man to his knees.

Justin Bailey said:
Oh shit Freebird is going to be impossible.
The three-guitar solo won't be a cakewalk. If you've listened to the original version all the way through, that should have been obvious. :)
And Misirlou... the intro to Pulp Fiction is dancing in my head. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
One of the secret songs was rumored to be the Mega Man theme played at 8Bit show or whatever. They already have the song made for Guitar Hero but it was made for that event specifically. One of the EGM rumors said it'd appear in GH2

edit: oops PhoncipleBone beat me to it

yonder

Fuk, no Clapton or Zeppelin. C'mon, couldn't they at least have Clapton? I wanted Cocaine so bad in this game :( Oh, well, that's a pretty good selection anyway.

charlequin said:
I find the complaints about the tracklist kind of ridiculous. Plenty of bands on here are playing their signature song, or close thereto: RATM, Kansas, GnR, freakin' Lynyrd Skynyrd

Let's not forget Rev Horton Heat, Megadeth, Danzig, Motley Crue, Spinal Tap, Alice in Chains, Stooges, Black Sabbath, Butthole Surfers, Warrant, Matthew Sweet, Stray Cats, Avenged Sevenfold, Suicidal Tendencies, Dick Dale, and arguably others -- ALL are their respective bands signature songs. I agree that the lack of, say, "Hot For Teacher" kinda blows, but I'm guessing most of the people complaining about the tracklist have just never heard of a lot of these bands. They should see that as a good thing. What a great way to discover tons of great music! This game would've absolutely blown my mind and hugely broadened my musical horizons if it had come out in the early 90s, when we had to discover bands like Rev Horton Heat and Butthole Surfers through word of mouth, flyers stapled to telephone poles and dubbed cassette tapes. Kids these days have it way too easy.

p.s. - I once sang Institutionalized with Thomas Howard Lichtenstein of DDR fame. True story!

Hooker

Hot for Teacher?! Give my Eruption anyday!! This is a guitar game isn't it!?

The tracklisting is a hit-and-miss IMO. And more misses than hits sadly. Doesn't matte rhow fun a song is to play, I won't ever touch I Love Rock and Roll or Take It Off. Hell, I skipped them and let my sis play those songs on Hard as I didn't want to even touch them. (Had to do them myself in Expert though... :() And I have a feeling the same will hold true for a couple of songs in this version

well, killer queen is my favourite song from the first game but take it off is actually a lot of fun and i don't really see a reason to discriminate against any one kind of music or band.

as for the second one, i'm glad to see an official tracklist and even happier to see spinal tap confirmed. that is beyond awesome as that movie is brilliant.

Azrael

Harmonix should try getting licenses to arrange classic game tunes into guitarwank, that'd be kinda cool. Like Ken's SF2 theme or sumthin'.

It would be pretty nice if a future version of Guitar Hero included the Umjammer Lamy soundtrack.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=e5da9bcd-9c4f-4dd7-bf06-3920bcaf9a47

DETHKLOK ON GUITAR HERO II?

Yes its true.

You will be able to play Guitar HERO II (available in NOVEMBER) with DETHKLOK.

It will be in the 'unlocks' section along with some other secret music from other bands.

Which DETHKLOK song?

THUNDERHORSE.

Metal.
2zeyr1i.jpg

Most brutal news ever.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
holy shit! If they actually have 3d models of the deathlok members...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
HOLY SHIT!!!

Not the best song, but I'll SO ****ing allow it. That is so ****ing brutal it's not even funny.

Edit: K, I lied, it's better than I thought. Forgot all the wankery. GOTY BABY

I had to look that up on Google (don't have cable). Sounds interesting, I hope they did animate the band themselves but that's probably asking for a lot more than they can deliver.

GilloD

Banned
Where's my 360 news?!

I wish The Hold Steady could have snuck a song in, "Hot Soft Lights" would have been perfect

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is that a new Freezepop song? I dont think I've heard it before

Looks like the Mega Man theme rumor didn't make the cut.

Trogdor lol

Keyser Soze said:
The images are loading for me :(

Can anyone type out the song/artist names?
Song - Artist

Raw Dog - The Last Vegas
Arterial Black - Drist
Collide - Anarchy Club
Elephant Bones - That Handsome Devil
Fall of Pangea - Valient Thorr
FTK - Vagiant
Gemini - Brian Kahanek
Push Push (Lady Lightning) - Bang Camaro
Laughtrack - The Acrobrats
Less Talk More Rokk - Freezepop
Jordan - Buckethead
Mr. Fix-It - The Amazing Royal Crowns
The New Black - Every Time I Die
One For The Road - Artillery
Parasite - The Neighborhoods
Radium Eyes - Count Zero
Red Lottery - Megasus
Six - All That Remains
Soy Bomb - Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives
The Light That Blinds - Shadows Fall
THUNDERHORSE - Dethklok
Trogdor - Strong Bad
X-Stream - Voivod
Yes We Can - Made in Mexico

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Man, I hope this game comes out early like Guitar Hero did. I remember Best Buy breaking street date by a week

Top Bottom