• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero III - Wii, PS3, 360 and PS2

I hope the 360 guitar works with the PS3. I don't see a good reason why not. Although Bluetooth wireless would be nice................................when it's 100% reliable on PS3.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
At least the Wii one will be wireless or hopefully it can use one of the other ones, having a seperate controller for each console might blow

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Beat me to it..was going to post it but it seemed too good to be true. :lol :lol

Mrbob

I'll be sticking with Xbox 360 version since I have Guitar Hero 2. Hopefully they sell the game only.

Might as well call this Guitar Hero 2007 if it is going to be released on a yearly basis.

schuelma

Probably "meh" news for 360 and PS3 fans, but awesome news for Wii owners such as myself. :D

Ril

I don't have the link, but Cassamassina just said on his blog that Guitar Hero TWO is also in the works for Wii. Hopefully that'll come out sometime this summer. Rock on!

B-Ri said:
DLC for 360 and PS3 version? Sorry wii, i have to make the decision between those two.

I'm pretty sure the wii can have DLC as well.

Also this is a bit overkill. Number three this holiday, number four next, and then Activision is once again on the slippery slope of fast-declining sales. I wish franchises didn't get milked THIS badly.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Expected, but still looking forward to it. Hmm, this or Rock Band; which one will get my monies?

Evlar

Banned
Ril said:
I don't have the link, but Cassamassina just said on his blog that Guitar Hero TWO is also in the works for Wii. Hopefully that'll come out sometime this summer. Rock on!
I wonder how they're going to implement this. Will it be the first stand-alone peripheral for the Wii, or will the Remote attach to it somehow? It makes a lot more sense cost-wise to just use the Bluetooth functions of the Remote.

Ril said:

GH2 in the summer and GH3 in the fall? What's the point? They'd be better off just focusing on GH3 instead of a port.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If the controller does not slot into the guitar on the neck between the keys and the body then its fission mailed Activision

Gigglepoo

You have to love Neversoft.

Now they have two franchises which receive yearly updates. Honestly, I thought the Guitar Hero franchise would become seasonal. There's still time!

schuelma

_leech_ said:
GH2 in the summer and GH3 in the fall? What's the point? They'd be better off just focusing on GH3 instead of a port.

Yeah..I read Matt's quote and it seemed to me he was just going off of what the execs had leaked about GH coming to Wii- wouldn't surprise me at all if its GH 3 and not GH 2.

Ril

The Sphinx said:
I wonder how they're going to implement this. Will it be the first stand-alone peripheral for the Wii, or will the Remote attach to it somehow? It makes a lot more sense cost-wise to just use the Bluetooth functions of the Remote.

I'm hoping for a rectangular indentation on the back of the guitar that you can slide the Wiimote sideways into. Wireless FTW.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Dillema.
Just bought GH2 on 360, but its not my 360.... its my brothers. i have Gh1 on ps2.... now i want GH3 on ps3 :lol then ill have 3 GH controllers..... this is getting a bit crazy aint it. (i want gh3 on ps3 because of hdtv, gh1 on ps2 looks like a pos on my hdtv).

B-Ri

underfooter said:
I'm pretty sure the wii can have DLC as well.

i really doubt it. Limitations with the Wii and system memory, 512 mb flash wont cut it, not everyones got 1 gig sticks, and no usb hdd (yet although rumored)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
B-Ri said:
i really doubt it. Limitations with the Wii and system memory, 512 mb flash wont cut it, not everyones got 1 gig sticks, and no usb hdd (yet although rumored)

Do you have 12 dollars, cause if you do you could get one of those 1 gig sticks!

B-Ri said:

Damn well they better get that wii harddrive out fast.

B-Ri

Tiduz said:
Dillema.
Just bought GH2 on 360, but its not my 360.... its my brothers. i have Gh1 on ps2.... now i want GH3 on ps3 :lol then ill have 3 GH controllers..... this is getting a bit crazy aint it. (i want gh3 on ps3 because of hdtv, gh1 on ps2 looks like a pos on my hdtv).

by then nyko will have the usb converters for ps2->ps3, so im sure we could use those.

Cory_t_

I'll probably get both this AND Rock Band. I'm anxious to see how the drums will be handled in rock band. They have to be pretty big, and it'll be totally ****ed if there are only two.

_leech_ said:

Each game will have about 50 unique songs, that's the point. The different versions of Guitar Hero are like the different versions of DDR, it's actually worth it to pick up more than one if you've burned out all the songs on one edition. Since they sell the disk standalone as well, you can buy whatever version you prefer first and then buy the other(s) when they drop in price.

Gigglepoo

Any chance they will just let you download the new tracks using Guitar Hero 2 X360? Or do they really expect people to shell out $60 every year?

PkunkFury

Oldschoolgamer said:
Since I have a Wii, I might look into this...as long as they don't do some dumb shit with waggle.

They might make you waggle the Guitar to activate Star Power, that would really suck

And they need some form of solution for all of the incompatible Guitars everyone will end up with. Is it possible they could make the PS3 and Wii guitars talk to both systems, since they are both bluetooth? And has a good solution come out for playing with the PS2 guitars on the PS3 yet? I'm thinking I should sell my PS2 Guitars while I can...

Tiduz said:
Dillema.

That's the whole idea. Red Octane wants to sell you the same expensive accessory multiple times.

Ril

Cory_t_ said:
I'll probably get both this AND Rock Band. I'm anxious to see how the drums will be handled in rock band. They have to be pretty big, and it'll be totally ****ed if there are only two.

The Band:
Jim: Guitar
James: Bass
Steve: Vocals
Matt: ...bongos?

Rock Band Wii with DK Bongo Support! Make it happen!

Evlar

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Any chance they will just let you download the new tracks using Guitar Hero 2 X360? Or do they really expect people to shell out $60 every year?
It's Activision, so expect the worst.

Random 42

Linkzg said:
I do wonder if people will pass on GH3 for Rock Band, it will be interesting to see what sells more

Maybe if Rock Band impliments a guitar gameplay as deep as GH outside the other 3 types, and likewise for the other types. But implimenting all may result in less polish on each?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Good point, ill probably get the convertor, unless the new ps3 guitar has some OMFG feature on it (effect pedals), only time will tell.

koam

Gigglepoo said:

i think it's safe to assume this will never happen.

Tiduz said:
Dillema.

I have five guitar controllers, two wired for the PS2, two wireless for the PS2 (btw, the PS2 isn't even mine, it's my brothers) and one wired for the 360. When I get my 360 back from being repaired, I'll probably spring for another 360 controller.

This game has owned my soul...

Mr Jared

Gigglepoo said:

Get Ready.

Cuz this ain't funny.

Published by Activition

And theys abouts to get money.

WII NEEDS DRUMMER SUPPORT

omg too bad it isn't technically possible for it to work the way you imagine it would omg 10 pages confirmed plz don't :(

Top Bottom