• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Guitar Hero Live" Announced

Obviously it's still really early, but I'm not digging the look of the in-game notes and fret board. Using FP for a music game is very interesting, though, and the controller looks pretty different and exciting to try out. But that artists list, sheesh

Tuffty

Also you can add Little Talks from Of Monsters And Men to the setlist, the screenshot is right there in the article.

Scrawnton

The trailer is so bad. This looks incredibly terrible. it would've been just as good if they kept it like it was before instead of adding in the fake fmv crowd interaction and looking at the other musicians on the stage..

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This makes me wanna have Guitar Hero Mötley Crüe.

The big and glaring problem that could arise from it basically being FMV is how much the pre-song and during song stuff repeats. If it keeps doing the same skits or movements for every song what is the point?

daveo42

Banned
I'm surprised at some of the negativity over "first-person" Guitar Hero. I think the idea is pretty awesome and hope that the live stuff is well implemented. It plays to one of the feelings a lot of people want out of a game like this. You get the feeling your rocking out in a show in front of thousands of fans. Whether or not it'll work in practice is another thing all together, but this looks promising. The music video stuff sounds good too.

I'm fine with it going in this direction, though I'm more worried about band customization when it comes to a lot of live action performances instead of just animated characters.

Xater

The big and glaring problem that could arise from it basically being FMV is how much the pre-song and during song stuff repeats. If it keeps doing the same skits or movements for every song what is the point?

Verge article states they filmed each show two times. So you have a good and a bad version. There will not be any variation.

What's going to suck more: my lack of skill or seeing the same lame FMV crowds over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over?

Scrawnton

What's going to suck more: my lack of skill or seeing the same lame FMV crowds over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over?

This is why they shouldn't have done fmv... It'll be repetitive and come off as amateurish and just down right cheesy.

TimmiT

I might get it when it inevitable gets incredibly cheap after a year or so.

Will get the new Rock Band day 1 though.

Sigmaah

This shit looks like ass and the line up is already ass. I only expect more ass to come from this game.

The new note shit seems alright though.

MattyG

Banned
Can we take dick pics as pete wentz backstage for the groupies?
Gold-PS3-Trophy.png

You have earned a trophy
It Don't Mean a Thang if You Ain't Got That Wang

georly

The trailer is so bad. This looks incredibly terrible. it would've been just as good if they kept it like it was before instead of adding in the fake fmv crowd interaction and looking at the other musicians on the stage..

Yeah wait, I'm confused. It's a video, so the audience/musicians can't react to how well/poorly you're playing, right? Why did it seem like they started acting differently when he started playing poorly? Does it have 2 video tracks it skips between?

Huh. So the new note implementation sounds pretty cool, but the live action stuff sounds terrible to me. Kind of reminds me of those Sega CD FMV games. I'm also curious how many variations there could be. They would need one for each song right? Or else stuff isn't going to sync that well. They'd also need different versions for female sung songs. It just seems like that's a lot of work to put in to every song. I don't know.

Sounds like they just made this so next year they can put out another one with backwards compatibility and song importing and say "Hey, we're listening to you guys!"

Eldon

Yeah wait, I'm confused. It's a video, so the audience/musicians can't react to how well/poorly you're playing, right? Why did it seem like they started acting differently when he started playing poorly? Does it have 2 video tracks it skips between?

It has multiple video tracks, in a video I watched there is a one/two seconds transition and it could happen very often if you don't play well...

Dear Freestyle Games,

Who brings a cardboard sign that says "YOU SUCK" on it to a concert they bought a ticket for to see a band they like?

Your friend,

Common Sense

Why are people surprised about no BC when the controller layout is fundamentally different. Previous games in the series had a linear 5 button layout,this one is 6 buttons throughout 2 rows. Why risk people having a bad experience jerry rigging in old controllers that would diminish, if not completely break, the game they're trying to make?

mackattk

I don't know if I want another room full of peripherals again. Might pick this up later down the road when/if it gets discounted heavily.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
This is why they shouldn't have done fmv... It'll be repetitive and come off as amateurish and just down right cheesy.

And the cartoony models werent that already?

So many people have decided they hate this game already. At least its trying something new instead of rehashing the same shit.

New note charts andayout look cool. More chord based.

Against it: Artist list and FMV
For it: I'm more likely to play Guitar Hero more than twice a year (like I do with Rock Band)
New controller looks interesting

For all the love of Rock Band, and it is a cool franchise, it is a really good party game. For those 363 days a year when there's not a party at my place where people want to play all the instruments, it lays collecting dust as the individual parts weren't that interesting to play on your own.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This also throws the whole "building a band" with custom outfits, instruments and what not over board, no? We always kinda enjoyed that.

I'm surprised at some of the negativity over "first-person" Guitar Hero. I think the idea is pretty awesome and hope that the live stuff is well implemented. It plays to one of the feelings a lot of people want out of a game like this. You get the feeling your rocking out in a show in front of thousands of fans. Whether or not it'll work in practice is another thing all together, but this looks promising. The music video stuff sounds good too.

I'm fine with it going in this direction, though I'm more worried about band customization when it comes to a lot of live action performances instead of just animated characters.

This is actually the part I like the least, though I will at least give Activision/FreeStyle kudos for trying a wildly different presentation style. The FMV part is fine, but my god have we really not updated the "rock concert trope" bible in two decades or has rock music really remained absolutely still this whole time? Bunch of walking rock dude stereotypes hanging backstage with groupies and getting read for the BIG SHOW. Feels totally ridiculous and cringe-inducing.

I probably shouldn't have expected any different, though, based on the partial artist list released so far.

Sigmaah

These niggas wanna include pop and hip hop into a fucking guitar game...

Mind blown. We probs won't even see any hard tracks or any metal in this game. Shit got me tight.

Iorv3th

This looks awful. I bought every guitar hero game in the past. This one i'm canceling my pre-order before I even make it. Looks just terrible. Cmon rockband

Top Bottom