• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GuliKit KingKong 3 Pro Controller (Hall Effect, 4 Back Buttons, Switchable Analog/Digital triggers)

8BiTw0LF

Banned

F4OepcDWkAAV0ji

F4Oep-1XMAArsQD

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Patrick S.

Banned
I replaced two drifting Nintendo Switch analog sticks with their hall effect sensor sticks. Both work fine and have remedied the drift, but one of the two replacement units has an audible and tactile bump that's very annoying. They still need to work on their quality control.

Rickyiez

After my experience with the 2, no thanks lol.
Same . I bought the 8Bitdo Ultimate instead , which uses their Hall effect stick and it's flawless ,it even has a charging dock .

My Gulikit one is DoA on the first day I received it because it wouldn't turn off . And also worth noting that even if the Gulikit works perfectly , the buttons sucks as they are sticky (tactile bump) , and the coating went sticky as well after a period of time .

This one guys , is the perfect controller

08-l.jpg

You can really trust me on this because of all these that I have somewhat tested :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Of3cEX1.png

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Back buttons are a great addition but I hope it's not using the same face buttons as kingkong 2. Those felt hard and stiff and were especially horrible if playing anything where you have to mash buttons.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
These switch pro controller replacements are near perfect as they have basically all the features i'd want from a controller... but the controller support on PC is so mediocre. Only Xbox controllers are supported natively and getting gyro on controllers like these requires you to use Switch mode on Steam which removes the analog triggers. This means awkwardly switching between both modes for racing/shooting games, and having to choose between better driving or better shooting in GTA.... we should have both!

I wish Valve would make an input API that directly allowed for support of controller and gyro/mouse input simultaneously without much lag, instead of the rebinding that Steam input offers.

Last edited:

Ribi

8 bit is tempting but so is this... i want that full Xbox grip with better buttons and stick.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

It's because the rest of the world and actual accessory designers know what the best is.
Personally from ergonomics perspective I find PS5 controller the most comfortable by far. It just works (for me) in the layout and comfort whether or not I am playing retro games, newer games with dual sticks, etc...

Hell, if Dualsense Edge wasn't such a ripoff between lack of features and battery life, I might have gotten that as well.
That said the controller looks pretty great, but lack of QC is concerning. That's partially mitigated by Amazons return policy though.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Personally from ergonomics perspective I find PS5 controller the most comfortable by far.
Same. The "new" Xbox controller is a big step down from the great X360 layout. Especially the triggers and bumpers feel unnatural compared to DS4 and DualSense. Don't care about assymetrical vs. symmetrical stick layout - I manage fine with whatever.

GuliKit and 8BitDo should do some PS5 controllers with Hall Effect and all the good stuff. If DualSense Edge Pro is coming with 4 back buttons and GuliKit are doing Hall Effect replacement stick modules for it - that's what I'm getting.
Right now only GuliKit comes close to a controller I'd like to buy.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

You linked fucking Twitter, I linked Amazon. Show me store sales and then we can talk.

Xbox/Nintendo/Sega layout is superior for more games. It's better for 3D platformers, racing games, shooter games, sports games, character action games, and action RPGs, whereas Playstation Layout works better for 2D games, rhythm games, and Fighting games, and even then for fighting games it's not always true as some rely more on analog movement like Smash or Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Both are very serviceable, but I'd take an asymmetrical layout in a heartbeat. The only reason a Playstation controller would be preferable is if you played heavy amounts of the 3 genres I listed, and they are all more niche than the genres that serve the asymmetrical layout better.

Last edited:

graywolf323

You linked fucking Twitter, I linked Amazon. Show me store sales and then we can talk.

Xbox/Nintendo/Sega layout is superior for more games. It's better for 3D platformers, racing games, shooter games, sports games, character action games, and action RPGs, whereas Playstation Layout works better for 2D games, rhythm games, and Fighting games, and even then for fighting games it's not always true as some rely more on analog movement like Smash or Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Both are very serviceable, but I'd take an asymmetrical layout in a heartbeat. The only reason a Playstation controller would be preferable is if you played heavy amounts of the 3 genres I listed, and they are all more niche than the genres that serve the asymmetrical layout better.
he linked the NPD/Circana tracker and you linked PC controllers on Amazon which the DualSense doesn’t even appear in that category 🙄

edit: also Amazon best seller charts are notoriously not accurate for gauging how things are selling, or are you going to try to argue that a random generic charger is outselling the PS5 right now?

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'm interested to see if the face buttons are different. As someone who buys controllers on nearly a monthly basis (I collect them, not ruin them), I have the older Kong and that's about my only complaint with it. Sticks feel great.

Hayabusa83

Banned
Got the first or second iteration of this controller. Complete garbage.

Luckily I was able to return it. I ended up getting a Retro Fighters Defender Controller for my PS3 after all the glowing reviews, the deadzone on the right and left sticks was absolutely horrendous.

In my experience only first party controllers are worthy.

Same. The "new" Xbox controller is a big step down from the great X360 layout. Especially the triggers and bumpers feel unnatural compared to DS4 and DualSense. Don't care about assymetrical vs. symmetrical stick layout - I manage fine with whatever.

GuliKit and 8BitDo should do some PS5 controllers with Hall Effect and all the good stuff. If DualSense Edge Pro is coming with 4 back buttons and GuliKit are doing Hall Effect replacement stick modules for it - that's what I'm getting.
Right now only GuliKit comes close to a controller I'd like to buy.
the triggers are weak on ps4 and ps5, sony never had good triggers.

Top Bottom