• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HYPR PS5 Controller (Hall Effect, Mechanical Triggers, 4 Back Buttons)

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Good for you, i still hate symmetrycal.
Guess you were a main X360 player back in the day? I were and it felt so bad to use Dualshock 3. DS4 had a wider spread of the sticks, and Kontrol Freeks fixed the rest for me and never looked back since.

GymWolf

Guess you were a main X360 player back in the day? I were and it felt so bad to use Dualshock 3. DS4 had a wider spread of the sticks, and Kontrol Freeks fixed the rest for me and never looked back since.
No, always played on all consoles, i just vastly prefer asymmetrical.

Topher

Gold Member
No, always played on all consoles, i just vastly prefer asymmetrical.

I go back and forth between asymmetrical and symmetrical without ever even noticing.

DualSense Edge is 180€ too expensive. :(

5f0.jpg

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Almost every game worth a damn has deadzone settings too, so unless you got one of the tiny fraction of expected defective controllers (iirc something like 3% is considered acceptable in electronics manufacturing) you aren't going to have drift issues for a long time.
the major benefit of hall sticks is the fact you can crank the deadzone to 0 and get the full range of input from your analog stick. super good for racing and fps games

Killer8

Got to love how Sony sells this for the Dual Sense Edge:

PS5AC11_psac.jpg

Maintain your DualSense Edge™ wireless controller’s great performance with this replacement stick module. Aim and move with precision by swapping in fresh stick modules so you’re always playing with equipment that’s in great shape.

How about you make a stick that doesn't degrade you cunts, so once it wears out I don't have to buy another one as a marketable 'feature'.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Got to love how Sony sells this for the Dual Sense Edge:

PS5AC11_psac.jpg

How about you make a stick that doesn't degrade you cunts, so once it wears out I don't have to buy another one as a marketable 'feature'.
If they did that and stuck in a decent battery I'd buy an Edge

I go back and forth between asymmetrical and symmetrical without ever even noticing.
Same, I've never had an issue adjusting. I used to go back and forth all the time early last gen because I'd buy COD on Xbox and BF on PS.

Now what does fuck me up somehow is buttons. My hands know what controller I'm holding and sometimes it's weird when the button layouts don't match the controller. Like I play Halo Infinite and MCC with a Dualsense on PC, but when I try to play my Switch with my Dualsense I can't get the hang of it for some reason. My hands know I'm holding a Dualsense so when I see the A button I press the X button; so on and so forth.

I'm also convinced that people are obsessed with Hall sensor sticks because they are told they want them and not because they actually want or need them.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I'm also convinced that people are obsessed with Hall sensor sticks because they are told they want them and not because they actually want or need them.
I think you're right. There's a lot of hype around HE and many who wants it without ever having drift on their controllers - or noticed it, cause they only play games which have 10-20% deadzone by default.

I notice it from the start, cause I turn down the deadzone slider to 0% with a new controller and go up from there - usually lands on ~3-5% deadzone for no drift. After 6-12 months I have to go up to ~10% deadzone for no drift and it only gets more worse by the years.

Being able to stay on 0% deadzone from the get go - and for many years are just too tempting for me.

Top Bottom