• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

https://twitter.com/GundamVersus/status/865523978634272768

Closed trial version next Tuesday for those who got into the beta earlier this year. :S

DAL1IOKV0AEb1YW.jpg:large

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Oh ho, It's good to see GundamGAF is getting the band back together, count me in on the discord when that goes up, I've got a few new faces from my local scene wanting in on GV when it comes out, planning some proper streamed tournaments now that copies will be easier to source~

Closed trial version next Tuesday for those who got into the beta earlier this year. :S

Throwing that haphazardly through google translate it reads like this...
'Participation on PS 4 is possible for those who downloaded "Closed beta test participation tickets" delivered in February!'
Sooo, is that the original participation ticket that everyone that signed up for the old beta got, or something else people that actually got in got?

Edit: looking at the old files, it was a 'Closed beta ticket application ticket' that was given to everyone, boo let me in bamco

I'm gonna buy four copies when this game drops because you gotta have that shit to run a 2v2 match.

Lord I don't know how running this game is gonna be at locals, but I hope they show mercy.

Apharmd

I'm gonna buy four copies when this game drops because you gotta have that shit to run a 2v2 match.

Lord I don't know how running this game is gonna be at locals, but I hope they show mercy.

Make sure you have four monitors, enough surge protectors, ethernet cables and a switch/router. Consider getting a wireless repeater if you don't have easy access to an ethernet.

AALLx

Make sure you have four monitors, enough surge protectors, ethernet cables and a switch/router. Consider getting a wireless repeater if you don't have easy access to an ethernet.

I apologize for asking as I haven't been following the thread, but was it announced that local network multiplay is supported?

Apharmd

I apologize for asking as I haven't been following the thread, but was it announced that local network multiplay is supported?

No. I doubt we'll get it, but when a press member came in asking us for questions to forward to the dev team, that was the most-repeated question we had.

AALLx

No. I doubt we'll get it, but when a press member came in asking us for questions to forward to the dev team, that was the most-repeated question we had.

I see, that's too bad. I was planning to buy a Pro and give my phat to my brother, it would have been nice to play together locally.

Apharmd

I see, that's too bad. I was planning to buy a Pro and give my phat to my brother, it would have been nice to play together locally.

To make it clear, you can do that but both consoles must be connected to the internet. The PS3 version, Full Boost, did have a LAN simulation mode that detects when four consoles are together in the same network and the latency is flawless. However, the consoles still had to have a constant connection to the internet for continuous PSN authentication.

Onemic

Now that Im watching Gundam Im sorta interested in this game. I remember some people really hyping up EXVS. Is it a good game and is it even practical to play for people outside of Japan?

Now that Im watching Gundam Im sorta interested in this game. I remember some people really hyping up EXVS. Is it a good game and is it even practical to play for people outside of Japan?

Yeah it's dope. It's not like "good for a licensed game", it's a legit good fighting game. You should play with us when it comes out.

Is it a good game and is it even practical to play for people outside of Japan?

Do u like fighting games? Do u like arcade fighting games? Do u like arcade fighting games involving giant Japanese mechs? That goes pew pew pew? As long as u are able to import a copy of exvs there's no stopping u.

DunpealD

XzrcJTp.gif

Gundam VS games are usually considered to be the best Gundam games.

Considering it gets a western release, it shouldn't be too bad. There'll probably also a GundamGAF Discord for doing matches.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

This is the mecha "fighting" game to have and its hella competitive if you are into that sorta scene.

Though to get good at it there is a bit of a learning curve so dont worry if you are getting smashed online. Happens to everyone lol

Onemic

XzrcJTp.gif

Gundam VS games are usually considered to be the best Gundam games.

Considering it gets a western release, it shouldn't be too bad. There'll probably also a GundamGAF Discord for doing matches.

This is the mecha "fighting" game to have and its hella competitive if you are into that sorta scene.

Though to get good at it there is a bit of a learning curve so dont worry if you are getting smashed online. Happens to everyone lol

Yeah it's dope. It's not like "good for a licensed game", it's a legit good fighting game. You should play with us when it comes out.

Cool, I'll be watching this when it hits in the fall

Do u like fighting games? Do u like arcade fighting games? Do u like arcade fighting games involving giant Japanese mechs? That goes pew pew pew? As long as u are able to import a copy of exvs there's no stopping u.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I can import a copy from amazon, only worry are the amount of NA players.

MechaX

One of y'all need to start this.

I nominate Donkey for this task. I think he (or maybe it was Kyou) who started the old IRC channel.

We also need to find Enron to return for eternal Goufy Salt Time

EDIT: OH SHIT KRAZY KATE IS IN THIS AT LAUNCH, BUYING DAY -9999

DunpealD

I nominate Donkey for this task. I think he (or maybe it was Kyou) who started the old IRC channel.

We also need to find Enron to return for eternal Goufy Salt Time

EDIT: OH SHIT KRAZY KATE IS IN THIS AT LAUNCH, BUYING DAY -9999

Dang, nobody remembers xxxxx aka Mr. Guest.

I hope Epyon still has the stab combo so I can help you to relax midmatch across the map. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll start sending invites soon :)

If you write those invites in red, they will be delivered and accepted three times as fast.

Dengeki just put out an article that mentions a ticket with the same translation as the one everyone got, the application ticket, so either their information is wrong, or eveyone that signed up last time might get in, we can only hope.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/524/1524259/
So is the download for the trial available on those hours or is the trial only playable then? Because if it's the latter and we can all download it, I'm on a damn business trip. :S

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cool deal. So if you did attempt to get a download ticket and regardless if you got chosen for the closed beta or not, you can download the trial ver. now: https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...-ver/cid=JP0700-CUSA08012_00-GUNDAMVSPKG00001

Just dl'd it. :D

Yeah basically it looks like its asking folks to check the website linked on the DL page for the times / date when the trial will be able to be accessed. The trial also is only able to be accessed during those date / time specified.

Thankfully it is noted that JPS+ is not necessary for this trial.

Yeah basically it looks like its asking folks to check the website linked on the DL page for the times / date when the trial will be able to be accessed. The trial also is only able to be accessed during those date / time specified.

Thankfully it is noted that JPS+ is not necessary for this trial.

http://g-versus.ggame.jp/trial/

Crap. It's only slated for tomorrow night JP time. Out on a business trip then. :S

Has all the units playable in the link there as well. Also, it looks like some PS3 sticks can be used as well as they mention the EXVS PS3 sticks.

Doesn't look like there are any new units I want to try so I doubt I'll be disrupting my sleep patterns to play this. I played in the first beta. It's still Gundam.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
It's about 1PM BST for three hours I think.

On the site it says this,

Closed Online Experience Meeting:
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 around 19 o'clock to around 21 o'clock
※ You can not play except the above date and time.
※ The above start / end time may change without notice. Please note.

Which would be 11AM BST until 1PM BST

On the site it says this,

Closed Online Experience Meeting:
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 around 19 o'clock to around 21 o'clock
※ You can not play except the above date and time.
※ The above start / end time may change without notice. Please note.

Which would be 11AM BST until 1PM BST

Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't have been able to play anyway. :S

Luigi87

If I was in the beta, I'd be feeling a little sick around that time, might have to stay home...
Haha, I wish... Alas I took Tuesday off two weeks ago due to being bedridden (and lord knows I'd love to take tomorrow off, as today is a holiday in Canada, thus tomorrow is gonna be extra busy for me).

I know~ It's for everyone else, I could just imagine the faces of people turning up at 1 just to watch it close down

... Dammit, I could technically get up earlier then... but I also love sleep... The decisions to make.

... bah, 44 more days.

At least if I don't play this, I have the ARMS demo this weekend to fulfill my arena itch. GV and ARMS have suddenly become my two most anticipated games...

Top Bottom