• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

DunpealD

You guys are importing the game? Am I the only one waiting for the western release?

Yes. We all want "Char ga kuru" in our playlist, so our MS can be three times as fast. Considering most have imported EXVS FB back then while getting skipped on Maxiboost On, people are more than thirsty for a new Gundam.

Is there a story or campaign? Or is it a Street Fighter style game?
Previous games have had both. Course battle would be the SF style with multiple courses and different bosses. There's also been boss rushes and now horde-esque game mode in this version. There's also been an extensive campaign/mission mode as well. Don't think that will change in this one.

Beckx

So what is the recommended site to pre-order the JP version?

it's about $64 on amazon.jp and it will run you about $10 to ship it to the US. they also have a good discount price on the premium sound edition.

I'm getting the premium but won't get it shipped for a few weeks, going to combine it the second Yamato 2200 bluray a few weeks later to save on shipping.

Yes. We all want "Char ga kuru" in our playlist, so our MS can be three times as fast. Considering most have imported EXVS FB back then while getting skipped on Maxiboost On, people are more than thirsty for a new Gundam.
Isn't that Char's disco theme that only played once while Amuro was kicking his ass?

DunpealD

Previous games have had both. Course battle would be the SF style with multiple courses and different bosses. There's also been boss rushes and now horde-esque game mode in this version. There's also been an extensive campaign/mission mode as well. Don't think that will change in this one.

Tbh. so far they didn't show any SP content, except Course battle. I'm not sure, if there is even a Campaign. EXVS/ FB/ Force have been pretty sparse outside of "Missions/Challenges".

So what is the recommended site to pre-order the JP version?

Pre-order the Highroller version on the JPN PSN and always be ready to Gundam. Even at launch.

DunpealD

Just give me the Karate Zaku course and I'll be happy.

So what changes were there in the trial version?

Give me Spiegel Gundam and his ghetto Kunai Vortex, that's all I want.

No more 10x Baller assists. Max amount assists I've seen was 5x.
Not sure about UI, but it also shows the positioning of your enemies and ally.
No idea about balance changes.

Not sure about UI, but it also shows the positioning of your enemies and ally.
No idea about balance changes.
Yeah the little arc on screen showing everyone's orientation was cool, but hard to see too. Not sure how important it will be.

Balance is pretty different from EXVS FB to this so everyone will have to adjust anyway, tracking from beta version to beta version isn't a big deal imo. But I would say this is less of a jump than EXVS vanilla was to FB.

DunpealD

Yeah the little arc on screen showing everyone's orientation was cool, but hard to see too. Not sure how important it will be.

Balance is pretty different from EXVS FB to this so everyone will have to adjust anyway, tracking from beta version to beta version isn't a big deal imo. But I would say this is less of a jump than EXVS vanilla was to FB.

The jump from EXVS FB to Gundam Versus will also need some adjustments. There are now universal amekyan and assists.
Which also means units that had assists now have a new move instead.

From gamefaqs from the stream re: another trial on the 31st:

you can also download the trial version of the game on the 31st of this month. they will have open events from 6/1 ~7/1 with every thursday and saturday having 1 hour of play available starting at 9pm to 10pm. the suit count is 54 instead of 38 rotating 20 suits every event.

Plus Steel Seven getting its own section! Vigna Ghina II pls :3

Which also means units that had assists now have a new move instead.
It's safer to assume everything has been reworked, not just assists. Exia special melee is different, Sazabi csA doesn't let you fast fall anymore, down/back B on ZZ is now newtype pressure, GN-X doesn't have an MG main anymore.

I'll ignore anyone bringing up the point that it's GN-X and not GN-X III that was in previous versions so it wouldn't have the lance, shut up.

Quebaz

Seems like the new trailer dropped information of the gameplay modes as well.

Single player:
Tutorial
Free Battle
Trial Battle (Mix of usual Arcade Modes from EXVS and the Next Plus mission mode from N+ ? Basically Series of battles with various routes)
Ultimate Battle (Survival Mode with Extra Battles depending on how well you do in standard waves)

Both Trial and Ultimate Battles have online Coop.

Multiplayer:
Casual Match (Quick Matches where you can choose 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3)
Player Match (Lobbies, 3v3 is also possible here)
Ranked Match

For those sad that there's no Story or huge campaign, if Trial Battle is anything like Next Plus mission mode you'll be very occupied when you start it. Shit had leveling systems and the like and entire routes dedicated with anime-accurate battles (complete with unique voice acting). Hopefully it's something like that and not the terrible mission mode from Full Boost.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Barbatos Lupus is 1st month DLC, free with premium edition.

Better than Lupus Rex.

Seems like the new trailer dropped information of the gameplay modes as well.

Single player:
Tutorial
Free Battle
Trial Battle (Mix of usual Arcade Modes from EXVS and the Next Plus mission mode from N+ ? Basically Series of battles with various routes)
Ultimate Battle (Survival Mode with Extra Battles depending on how well you do in standard waves)

Both Trial and Ultimate Battles have online Coop.

Multiplayer:
Casual Match (Quick Matches where you can choose 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3)
Player Match (Lobbies, 3v3 is also possible here)
Ranked Match

For those sad that there's no Story or huge campaign, if Trial Battle is anything like Next Plus mission mode you'll be very occupied when you start it. Shit had leveling systems and the like and entire routes dedicated with anime-accurate battles (complete with unique voice acting). Hopefully it's something like that and not the terrible mission mode from Full Boost.

Those multiplayer options are exactly what I wanted.

Just gotta remember to get PS+ when this comes out.

Luigi87

You guys are importing the game? Am I the only one waiting for the western release?

Double-dipping for two reasons.

1. So I can play it ASAP
2. If the servers are indeed separated (which I'm thinking they will be), then if the NA community dies out, I'll still have the JP version to go back to.

Also I make no apologies to anyone who gets partnered with me. I suck, but at least I have heart!

https://youtu.be/HNhfS4K-L_Q?t=1h23m4s

1:23:04

Personally waiting for that western release, assuming it's like Force we should atleast get the Anime BGMs and I'm cool with that. The only thing bothering me is if matchmaking is really region-locked.

Sweet fuck. Yeah, I don't think I saw anything when the lobbies popped up for spectator mode. Ahh well.

So why would they go with region locked matchmaking in the first place? Does it help their servers or something?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
btw, I've sent a bunch of you an invite to the discord. If you haven't got one and want in, just PM me. :)
What is this discord thing?
send one pl0x

Probably double-dipping, I need my animu songs.

Top Bottom