• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

dwix

For those of you who want to level up your units quick, farm level 1-3. After you defeat Char's Zaku and the Gau carrier shows up, just destroy the Zakus only until time runs out. You'll fail the level, but keep the exp. Rinse and repeat until you get to whatever level you want.

Make sure to set your partner to "Evade" so that they don't shoot down the Gau!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing the game today. It's so weird!

I tried using my boy Barbatos, but he seems to lack attack variety compared to the other Gundams I've tried.

I'm still getting used to things, too. But it seems fun!

Right, thanks.
Yeah, I know about cancelling melee strings into the BC. So I'm better off doing the Ninja Gaiden 2 thing of going for smaller, more damaging combos that I won't get punished for, compared to something long and flashy?

depends on the situation. This is where it's important to pay attention to the warning indicators. Yellow means someone has locked on to you and red means an attack is incoming. If your opponent's partner is not looking at you, then sure, go for the high damage combos. However, good players will try to cut you when their partner is in danger (cutting means interrupting a player's melee combo). There's also your partner to consider. Where's he on the map? Is he getting attacked? Can he back you up if you get cut?

I picked this up over the weekend and downloaded the update but when I go to the game the login section is grayed out and I can't access the psn store through the game, but my dlc was available. Should I just wait for the next update to see if it fixes itself?

I picked this up over the weekend and downloaded the update but when I go to the game the login section is grayed out and I can't access the psn store through the game, but my dlc was available. Should I just wait for the next update to see if it fixes itself?

Same thing happens in my game too. The login being grayed out doesn't stop you from playing online and you can also just buy the dlc from the regular PSN. So you're good to go actually.

The End

Does anyone have an tips on how to play Epyon effectively?

I got ripped up by a couple epyon players last night as both Crossbone X1 and Sinanju, neither of which are slouches at melee. Best I could tell was that his whip has slightly longer range than Crossbone's hook, which made him hard to stun. I had better luck plinking him with Sinanju's bazooka evades.

I got ripped up by a couple epyon players last night as both Crossbone X1 and Sinanju, neither of which are slouches at melee. Best I could tell was that his whip has slightly longer range than Crossbone's hook, which made him hard to stun. I had better luck plinking him with Sinanju's bazooka evades.
Ah, I see. The problem I've been having is getting close enough to actually hit people. His lack of any range attacks is a little frustrating and I haven't got the hang of his second boost. From what I've played it only boosts you straight at you opponent. Which I guess is good. Maybe I just not managing him regular boost correctly?

The End

Yeah, i guess the best advice i could give the other way would be to stay in cover as much as you can, let your partner bait your opponents out into the open, then use your boost dash & whip stun to get into melee range

Ah, I see. The problem I've been having is getting close enough to actually hit people. His lack of any range attacks is a little frustrating and I haven't got the hang of his second boost. From what I've played it only boosts you straight at you opponent. Which I guess is good. Maybe I just not managing him regular boost correctly?
I don't play Epyon but I play a few close suits like X1. To move around, make use of boost dash, step, and boost dive together in that order. You'll stay low to the ground and will overheat less. Stepping also helps to cut tracking on shots so you'll be better at dodging and less of an obvious target like you would with boost hopping. You can easily jump, boost dash again, or something else to switch it up as needed.

Beyond that, make use of any cover and work with your teammate. Know to withdraw when needed and don't waste your HP chasing good ranged suits if it's not working. And don't get too linear with your approaches. I kill a lot of Epyons who just go straight at me and I'll just rainbow step and stop it entirely.

You may want to use a Striker with good ranged as well since Epyon doesn't really struggle in close corners. Another trick to close in is always good.

CONCH0BAR

Does anyone have an tips on how to play Epyon effectively?
A fun trick I've found with Epyon is to do his back+melee and boost dash out of it on the up swing, before Epyon comes crashing down with his helm splitter. It's a good way to get vertical distance, and when you mix it in with his other movement tools, it's a good way to create unpredictable movement patterns.

Christina Sierra best Navi.

I've been trying out other suits in casual matches (Exia and Unicorn so far), but I'll stick to maining Freedom in ranked. Win, lose,m meh. It's fun to use with INVOKE blasting.

Almost embarrassed to reveal my noobishness but I just discovered its burst attack today.

Mfw I did:
so_good.png

Edit: Also an FYI, if you're playing against someone using Virtue, please please stop rushing it from the front. You're going to eat beam bazooka. Was about to land the winning blow and my teammate got blasted into oblivion trying to charge Virtue from the front.

The End

Christina Sierra best Navi.

I've been trying out other suits in casual matches (Exia and Unicorn so far), but I'll stick to maining Freedom in ranked. Win, lose,m meh. It's fun to use with INVOKE blasting.

Almost embarrassed to reveal my noobishness but I just discovered its burst attack today.

Mfw I did:
so_good.png

Edit: Also an FYI, if you're playing against someone using Virtue, please please stop rushing it from the front. You're going to eat beam bazooka. Was about to land the winning blow and my teammate got blasted into oblivion trying to charge Virtue from the front.

Anybody but friggin Haro

If you redeemed the pre-order DLC Soma is unlocked from the start, switch to her IMMEDIATELY

JKTrix

Dunno about playing Epyon effectively, but the well established meme (and also meta) is to just hit the Shoot button (A) and the Melee button (B) over and over again in rapid succession.

ABABABABABABABABABABABAB

Hey folks, is the Freedom Gundam any good? I like it visually as well as Gundam mk II. But I'm not very good so I can't tell if the suits suck as well as me or just me haha.

I've only ever watched Wing but I'm liking many of these designs and concepts and want to get into them. No idea where to start as far as means to legally watch them.

Hey folks, is the Freedom Gundam any good? I like it visually as well as Gundam mk II. But I'm not very good so I can't tell if the suits suck as well as me or just me haha.

I've only ever watched Wing but I'm liking many of these designs and concepts and Dan to get into them. No idea where to start as far as means to legally watch them.
I'm no Versus pro but I've been holding my own with Freedom. Seems like a solid suit with a range of options from varying distances. That air roll paired with a melee, AB or a boost cancel is good depending on the situation.

I'm no Versus pro but I've been holding my own with Freedom. Seems like a solid suit with a range of options from varying distances. That air roll paired with a melee, AB or a boost cancel is good depending on the situation.

Pretty much this. And you can definitely punish suits that try to get close (Barbatos, Epyon, ect.) with all the ranged weapons you have. Pair it with Lightning Gear and it's even better once you awaken.

Hey, so whats the best way to get GP to actually buy the navigators/unlocks once you level up via spamming 1-3?

Just started playing and man is this fun but I feel so clunky and bad at movement!

MechaX

NA copy arrives tomorrow, and I may not have the chance to even go through it until Wed evening... but this patch is interesting; maybe I won't get hell for playing my main in EXVS/FB (it was FAZZ)

For the most part, Freedom is pretty solid. Good ranged options, good melee as well. Some of its moves make you a little harder to cut (I honestly forget if the air roll breaks tracking or not, probably not). For the most part, just play suits at reasonable life costs starting out and you'll start to get a grasp on what's good and what's not. Always remember that this is a 2v2, so you need to balance finding a suit that's good for you, but also a suit that's good for you in terms of backing up teammates.

Like, some stuff like Hot Scramble is going to seem very, very good on testing, and it definitely is. But you are going to have a massive target on your back if either of your opponents pick up on the fact that you're new.

Gundams I've been using:

Heavyarms: I am so fucking in sync with this gunda,, I'm addicted to it
Throne Drei: Hated it at first but I'm really starting to like it now, melee options are nice I guess
G-Arcane: Haven't taken it online but my testing of it has me liking what I'm seeing so far.
GP02: I honestly just like shooting the nuke at things
Sandrock: Ehhh its ok but I feel it is WAY to0 melee heavy for me. My favorite striker for my Heavyarms though.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Man I love the V2 Gundam. Swapping between its forms is keeping e from every having to recharge ammo just about.

Really digging the Gusion Rebake right now. Its mode change charge railgun comes out so fast I love it. Plus the counter is great for those who melee charge in blindly.

Wanna learn Mack Knife, maybe I'll give him a go tomorrow.

So far I've been using:
Hi-Nu
Zeta
Turn A
Gottrlatan
X-1 Kai and X-2
G-Arcane
Gold Sumo
Sandrock

With the new patch I'll give Throne Drei another go too. She was one of my favorites in Full Boost.

Pengu

Neo Member
I was playing throne Eins before the patch thinking it could use some buffs, checked the patch notes later and it got some. Time to get my nena navi again.

I've only ever watched Wing but I'm liking many of these designs and concepts and want to get into them. No idea where to start as far as means to legally watch them.

There's a YouTube channel called gundaminfo, which as far as I'm aware is official, and they've been uploading episodes of different series on there. Then you have the Blu-Ray releases of some of the earlier series.

I'm still having trouble settling on suits to use. I'm definitely going to use Sandrock, Sazabi and Turn X (although I still haven't got my head around the moves that break his body apart, other than the fact that doing it with the controller at neutral gives a different move than doing it from a direction).

I like Wing Zero, Epyon, Altron, Tallgeese, Char's Gelgoog and Zaku II, and Barbatos Lupus, but I'm not really clicking with them just yet. Gouf Custom seemed fun as well, if not a bit goofy. I definitely like the idea of Epyon, so a melee focused suit with lots of movement options, but I also appreciate having some form of ranged weapon.

Also, I'm having trouble understanding why I'm doing the different forms of movement. Like, I have swerving, fuwa stepping etc. down mechanically, but I don't really understand their purpose/when I should be doing them.

Also, I'm having trouble understanding why I'm doing the different forms of movement. Like, I have swerving, fuwa stepping etc. down mechanically, but I don't really understand their purpose/when I should be doing them.

Basically, you're attempting make yourself unpredictable and occasionally break tracking.

Basically, you're attempting make yourself unpredictable and occasionally break tracking.

Right, OK.
I think my main problem right now is the fact that I'm struggling to close the gap on people with Sandrock, and my meter management is garbage. I know I have the Zero System and his command dash, but I'm still struggling to get in melee range.

Also, figuring out what strikers are good/work well with each suit is confusing, too. I've been using Wing Zero with Sandrock, and I don't even know who to use with Turn X and Sazabi.

Finally got started last night! What are the best mobile suits for beginners? I tried a couple but nothing has really clicked yet... the RX-78-2 is probably the simplest so far.

Right, OK.
I think my main problem right now is the fact that I'm struggling to close the gap on people with Sandrock, and my meter management is garbage. I know I have the Zero System and his command dash, but I'm still struggling to get in melee range.

Also, figuring out what strikers are good/work well with each suit is confusing, too. I've been using Wing Zero with Sandrock, and I don't even know who to use with Turn X and Sazabi.

Using a stunner striker works well with Sandrock. Another thing lots of early Sandrock users tend to forget to use more than they should is his MG. It's really good in applying pressure and has decent reload time. Continue to let that shit fly when you're not actively doing melee.

Using a stunner striker works well with Sandrock. Another thing lots of early Sandrock users tend to forget to use more than they should is his MG. It's really good in applying pressure and has decent reload time. Continue to let that shit fly when you're not actively doing melee.

I've been shooting bullets a lot.
I've not been landing the shots, but the intention is there. :p

Is a stun striker like Altron, or like the one that I can't think of at this time, but you get it from leveling up Gottrlatan? It's red, and shoots beams out that knock the opponent to their knees, while electricity flickers around them.

I've been shooting bullets a lot.
I've not been landing the shots, but the intention is there. :p

Is a stun striker like Altron, or like the one that I can't think of at this time, but you get it from leveling up Gottrlatan? It's red, and shoots beams out that knock the opponent to their knees, while electricity flickers around them.

Yeah, there's the Rig Contio from Gottrlatan, Gold Sumo, the Den'an Zon from one of the F91 units... and there's this list from gamefaqs: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/196071-gundam-versus/75829051?page=1

-) Gyan
-) Rick Dom (melee)
-) Rick Dias
-) Byarlant
-) Dreissen
-) Den'an Zon
-) Berga Giros
-) Shacko
-) Tallgeese
-) Leo (White)
-) Mahiroo
-) Graham Custom Union Flag
-) Barbatos
-) GM Custom
-) Crossbone X2 Kai
-) Crossbone X3
-) Nightingale (DLC)
-) G-Exses (DLC)
-) Desperado (DLC)

And here's a list of all the strikers and their attributes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._hjgb6l3PQO6-dZbYX62ue_g3s/edit#gid=915344288

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

I came into this game with every intention to be my favorite Gundam when I watched Wing, which is Deathscythe, but he's too melee heavy for my liking (so far, until I'm more comfortable I guess).

Yeah, there's the Rig Contio from Gottrlatan, Gold Sumo, the Den'an Zon from one of the F91 units... and there's this list from gamefaqs: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/196071-gundam-versus/75829051?page=1

-) Gyan
-) Rick Dom (melee)
-) Rick Dias
-) Byarlant
-) Dreissen
-) Den'an Zon
-) Berga Giros
-) Shacko
-) Tallgeese
-) Leo (White)
-) Mahiroo
-) Graham Custom Union Flag
-) Barbatos
-) GM Custom
-) Crossbone X2 Kai
-) Crossbone X3
-) Nightingale (DLC)
-) G-Exses (DLC)
-) Desperado (DLC)

And here's a list of all the strikers and their attributes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._hjgb6l3PQO6-dZbYX62ue_g3s/edit#gid=915344288

Thanks a lot for that, that's a big help.

This game is awesome as fuck, first time playing a versus game against actual people and damn, the bots never did this series justice!(only really played FvZ, GvZG and GvG)
I'm loving Gouf Custom so far.

Top Bottom