• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy makes fan film,sees Uncharted 4 in action: "Almost scary real, photo realistic”

iSrhJHG18a6bz.gif

I swear if the game looks like this for real ..... no words man

Would be the best if they did a similar intro to the next footage, but then it goes to Drakes back and bam, suddenly you are playing. Camera pans around and the facial animations are 1:1 with the previous footage

Hanmik

Dude looks like a douche i don't believe him.

eb80ff954790efe0b0b4f52f47f14842.jpeg

HYPE!

b6OhAGe.jpg

the original article is from here..

http://www.pressfire.no/nyheter/PS4/9079/norske-martin-fikk-se-uncharted-4

he says..

Han forklarer videre at scenen han fikk se var i en hule hvor «lys og skygger var helt rå», og velger å sammenligne hoppet fra forrige generasjon som spranget fra PlayStation 2-grafikk til en Pixar-film.

they left out this part in the PSMANIA article..

– Det er kanskje i overkant, moderer han seg noe, og påpeker at det nesten så fotorealistisk ut.

here he says the Pixar comparison was a bit too much.. but it almost looked photorealistic.

DieH@rd

Banned
I just rewatched HQ Gamersyde vid of U4 unveil.

GODDAMN. It is still mindblowing what ND has made run in realtime on PS4. Everything is so detailed, 60fps without any drops, and IQ is sooooo good.

They have shown time and time again how tech focused and dedicated to a strong story delivery that I wouldn't be surprised what he is saying is true. I look forward to seeing everything they want to put out.

valkyre

Didnt Naughty Dog state that after TLOU Remastered 60 frames per sec, the studio decided to adopt 60 fps as standard for their games?

Or am I completely wrong?

So almost photo realistic graphics means 30 FPS is ok right?
Yes, games like Uncharted or TLOU don't need it. It's nice to have it but not a must have.

IHaveIce said:
Let us wait for a real reveal, UC3 was not very good.
If UC3 is not a very good game, I wonder what maical fairy land you live in where there's so many better options out there during the time it came out.

wapplew

iSrhJHG18a6bz.gif

Would be the best if they did a similar intro to the next footage, but then it goes to Drakes back and bam, suddenly you are playing. Camera pans around and the facial animations are 1:1 with the previous footage

I'm not that greedy, if real time cutscenes look like that, I'll die a happy man.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Didnt Naughty Dog state that after TLOU Remastered 60 frames per sec, the studio decided to adopt 60 fps as standard for their games?

Or am I completely wrong?

Targeting - which is the new word for: "We really want to and will try hard but if we can't get it there - we can't"

It's gonna be insane if they show footage at December's Event....insane!!!!

barit

Ofc he was impressed. He is a FAN afterall. Highly doubt he would go out and say "looks like shit, i'm no fan anymore"

But in Naughty Gods we trust. So let the hype begins jahahaha

orioto

Good Art™
iSrhJHG18a6bz.gif

And the camera will be in front of Drake while you're playing, close up style, so you can enjoy the facial animation.

But seriously there's just no needs for that level of detail when you're seeing a guy from the back at a good distance.. That would just be silly, especialyl when they'll have hard time to display a realistic level of vegetation all around him at a good framerate!

stryke

They showed some tests where Drake was going through a bit of tall grass and how every straw reacted to his movements while also responding to the wind. It was crazy. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Saw that one coming last year -

pIEs3gw.png

i-Lo

After what CoD AW has attained with being around 60fps, especially with character models, it shouldn't be that surprising given it's also from Sony's in-house graphical powerhouse with ICE onboard. Lest we forget, this will be the first game to use adaptive tessellation for character models on PS4.

I just hope other aspects received a commensurate upgrade as well since graphical flaws/issues that didn't stick out like a sore thumb last gen due to overall fidelity are starting to do so now.

Also, the live action trailer was very well done.

iSrhJHG18a6bz.gif

i look at this and i think we must talking about a game coming out on the PS5 as i have seen nothing this generation so far that makes me think that the PS4 is capable of this. Granted we are early in and SS looked amazing, but from SS to this is like a leap of a generation, in my opinion anyway

I want to see "Almost scary real" footage
I want to see tall grass, blowing in the wind, deforming around Drake
I want to see brutal headshot graphics similar to TLoU (yeah, thats right, I want my Uncharted uber violent).

Top Bottom