• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Sings Jigglypuff Song On American Idol

Joe Molotov

If he'd sung the DK Rap instead, I've gotta believe that the judges would have just canceled the contest and declared him the winner on the spot.

Raistlin

xaosslug said:
How did he get through the off air preliminaries? :lol

I'm guessing he played 'em.

He probably can sing okay ... and just did this for a laugh.

I'm seriously considering a stunt for next year :lol

Ronok

Shouta said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4984115169313898379&q=idol+spanish

A guy in the Spanish Idol. He even sings the opening to Slayers Next. :lol

Yah this is the one I was talking about! XD

I mean damn........ If you're gunna go in and sing a song from an anime that the judges won't understand, atleast put some effort in. >.< Especially on that song. lol How can you sing what is in essence a rock song like that? lol

Basically, you wanna sing a song which isn't gunna be known by anyone and won't be understood by anyone then atleast make sure you can sing. >.<

It's kinda random that the exact song started playing just as I entered this thread......... Listening to him sing it again afterwards was torture........... I love that song. >.<......... I've been dragged to a karaoke bar and there were only Japanese and Korean songs there (I was the only English person v.v;;) and this was on the list........ I sang it....... I was better then that dude...... [/endrambling]

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Haha, hilarious. I'm glad this was posted in a separate thread because I would not have seen it in the all encompasing one.

The Hermit

I can sing that Saint Seiya song better than him...still I was laughing at how much passion he put on the song! and so did the judges!

On a side note that Jigglypuff song was phenomenal :O ...never expected to soud that accurate after reading the topic!

Joe Molotov

Rekwest said:
How the 99% get through the off air preliminaries?

They intentionally let alot of those people through, just because they know people want to see some really bad/funny auditions on the first episodes. On the flip side, alot of those people intentionally act all crazy and flamboyant just because they know that even if their singing sucks, they have a chance of getting 15 seconds of TV time.

Top Bottom