• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Turns on 20,000 Watt Light Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

here's my question : i know it is really fucking bright when fully revved up, but is the whiteout happening on the video when fully revved up because of the camera getting overexposed by the light or if i where standing inside that room i would indeed only see white space instead of where the walls and everything else ought to be ?

marge_bulb.gif

105360.gif

moist

This remind me of working at a radio station in high school. One of the morning show DJ's complained that the flasher on the phone wasn't bright enough and they were missing calls. The engineers naturally decided that they should mess with him and hooked up a spare daytime tower beacon to the ringer and called the studio a few times right before his show started.

malfcn

At first I was like meh.
Then he took the filter off the exposure, and I had to start laughing as everything disappeared into white.

Timbuktu

Feels like he'll be the electric version of Walter White. Also reminds me of some dude in flight of the Concorde for some reason.

choco-fish

Of course its Photonicinduction channel LMAO. I recommend watching all his other shenanigans. A personal favorite is the supercharged mobility scooter.

Great fun, this guy is a genius, his Plasma ball overload video is great too.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
That's not just "a guy", that's Photonic-fucking-induction, son. A certified British eccentric, and I love him for it.

Youtube always ends up sending me to his videos randomly when I go diving in random recommendations. I honestly have no idea how his neighbors put up with them at this point.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
here's my question : i know it is really fucking bright when fully revved up, but is the whiteout happening on the video when fully revved up because of the camera getting overexposed by the light or if i where standing inside that room i would indeed only see white space instead of where the walls and everything else ought to be ?

The guy says in the first part that he can't see anything. During that segment it looks normal because the camera's autoexposure is compensating with longer exposures.
In the second part he sets the camera to manual and exposes for the room's normal light level. Then it gets blown out as the light gets stronger. He's probably blinded by the end like the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom