• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVN Winter Brawl 6 | Fighting game tournament | 2012 February 18-19

For those of you watching Winter Brawl on your PS3 browser, did you guys have to do any tricks to get it working properly? It was honestly a surprise to us that it works now since it's not like we made any chance. I'm going to spend the day experimenting with it tomorrow.

Twitch on PS3 works decently with lower quality streams. Starcraft at 720p+ run very poorly (looks like a slideshow). I haven't done any extensive testing so I don't know where the breaking point is exactly.

Negatives are: Chat doesn't load and the stream nearly crashes when commercials come on.

It's a pretty cool way to break up the usual way of watching, but not something that's going to replace my desktop method. I'm still waiting for a native iPad app that doesn't lag behind like the iPhone app. :p

Rufus is the official Evil Geniuses mascot.
Ricky, Justin, Floe - all 3 of them play him.
Even former EG guy Marn did

I'm an "09er" so I'm relatively new to the community. I've seen Ricky and Justin play Rufus. Seen Marn play Viper/Dudley/Yun. I've only ever see floe play Yang/Guy/Sagat. Didn't know he knew Rufus?

Edgeward

For those of you watching Winter Brawl on your PS3 browser, did you guys have to do any tricks to get it working properly? It was honestly a surprise to us that it works now since it's not like we made any chance. I'm going to spend the day experimenting with it tomorrow.

It crashes my ps3 when streams go into 8.95 mode. Get to work on a proper app for twitch please.

sephi22

I'm an "09er" so I'm relatively new to the community. I've seen Ricky and Justin play Rufus. Seen Marn play Viper/Dudley/Yun. I've only ever see floe play Yang/Guy/Sagat. Didn't know he knew Rufus?

I'm an 09'er too (10er on SRK). The EG/Rufus thing is just a coincidence. Marn dropped Rufus after Vanilla. Justin and Ricky were playing him throughout. Floe played Rufus and Sagat in Super IIRC, Yang in AE, now again Rufus and Sagat. I believe he plays Guy very rarely. His WNF Guy play was because of IWBTG I think.

svegis

While we're on the subject of streaming on "alternate" devices, how is the streaming on Android/iOS tablets? Don't mean to derail, got curious.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Chris Hu wants a gaf account.
Someone PM Teknopathetic and Hitokage!!

While we're on the subject of streaming on "alternate" devices, how is the streaming on Android/iOS tablets? Don't mean to derail, got curious.
I dont have an iPad but the thought of streaming monstering on one is pretty damn awesome.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mr Jared:

Is twitchtv ever going to make official apps for PS3/Vita/360?

I assume there isn't one for 360, but I haven't looked, hehe.

I want to know this too. Also an official app for roku(i know the unnoficial justin tv one works sometimes)

Mr Jared

Mr Jared:

Is twitchtv ever going to make official apps for PS3/Vita/360?

I assume there isn't one for 360, but I haven't looked, hehe.

We want to. We want to soooooo baaaaaaad. Our current line-up of apps is iOS 2.0 for iPhone and iPad, followed by Android. That's all we've announced so far but I'd be lying if I said our goal wasn't to get a Twitch app on every device possible. We're still very much a start-up with under 50 staff, so the projects we tackle is limited. Apps are very much a high priority though.

Also..

P02LJ.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would not be surprised if we saw capcom and madcatz partner to start their own pro gaming league.

It seems like the next logical step in my opinion.

Top Bottom