• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Looks just as janky as all the other similar games.
Everyone gets airdropped into a random part of the map with nothing. You need to scavange to find weapons and gear. Once you die you are out. The match will last a maximum of 30 minutes. As time goes by a poisonous cloud sorrounds the map making the area of play smaller and smaller forcing people to fight till there is only one Left. Winners get cosmetic items, crates, keys and more tickets. Basically hunger games(which was based in battle royale).

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
What is Battle Royal exactly? Is it the one which have the CTF mode?

No, it's the game type where the area that players can be in shrinks over time (I believe H1Z1 will be shrinking the map by adding poisonous fog around the area), until the last person is remaining.

Nice job on the OT OP...

..but damn if this isn't a giant non-answer for this question:
The answers were taken from the developers faqs. They are fans of Day Z and have never really wanted to shit on it but I think the honest amswer is that it's a Day Z type game made by a large studio with technology already fit for the genre on mmo servers.

Theor eventual vision for the game is much more grand as well. This is an mmo. They want a giant land mass with thousands of players populating a server. They want trading and crafting to be something people can live on and to have player built towns scattered around the landscape. It's a lot bigger than what the other games are aiming for.

Right now there are some that are more agressive and faster but they have the same!e basic models with different clothing.

40 gives you more cosmetics and a ton of tickets for stuff like battle royale. It was confirmed on reddit that you can upgrade to the premium sku later if you want to play it safe on day one.

You need tickets for Battle Royale... can you earn tickets?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's a last man standing game. In arma: When the lobby gets full, everyone starts in an airplane with a parachute. No one else can join the server until the round is over. You find loot, vehicles, and other players to kill while minding a play area circle. You'll die outside the circle. The circle keeps shrinking to put the last few players in a small area. Late game is stealthy/campy but the circles shrink at a decent rate.

this is going to be super fun bugs and all the goodies that come along with testing in early access , i really want to see how this game feels compared to DayZ especially since that one has been out ofr ages.

Pachimari

Okay. I'll start out with the $20 version and if I am still addicted a week after, I'll pay up more for the contents of the $40 version. Battle Royal seems super intriguing.

wrongway

It's a last-person-standing free-for-all PVP competition. You start with nothing and have to scavenge for weapons and supplies, you're subject to a periodically shrinking arena, and you get one life. Think Hunger Games.

Battle Royale is also an Arma 2 and 3 mod based on this concept. The dude behind that has apparently been working with SOE to incorporate the game mode into H1Z1.

Since the character is bound to the server how does item respawn work? Any clue on that?

Items and zombies won't respawn around players. Its all dynamic and based around the loot present in the world and where the people are located. It knows how mamy of each item is in the world including when that item is on a player that's logged off.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
OTs only on launch day?

Nice OT thougH!!!

iK09ut2lpMZ3j.gif

Lol I'm hyped.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Items and zombies won't respawn around players. Its all dynamic and based around the loot present in the world and where the people are located. It knows how mamy of each item is in the world including when that item is on a player that's logged off.
Is less items going to spawn because of logged off users? Aside from a 30 minute relog window, they don't really matter imo. What matters are the people actually playing every 3-6 hour session. I also have to get the game a day late.

Jobbs

Banned
yeah, prettty much cosmetics only. No healing potitons, no weapons, no ammo. Basically just shirts, shoes, pants and headgear i think!

Just nothing that makes it Pay to WIN

I am fine with monetization by skins -- clothes, hats, whatever cosmetic stuff. in fact I LIKE this in f2p games, I like that I can play a game I enjoy and support it and get fun stuff I like. That's THE way to do it!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, I read in some ama that you could pay $20 and upgrade to the premium version at a later date.
I am fine with monetization by skins -- clothes, hats, whatever cosmetic stuff. in fact I LIKE this in f2p games, I like that I can play a game I enjoy and support it and get fun stuff I like. That's THE way to do it!
You can buy airdrops that the whole server sees and can fight over. Which will have weapons and such.

I was saying in the last thread, paying for things that you can lose is a bad idea. If you got gueanteed crafting and vanity items that only you could loot that would be good at least.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yup, they can have my money day 1 on ps4 baby can't wait
Well, they say they are aiming for a full f2p release on steam by the end of the year. Maybe they'll fast track the ps4 version if this does well and rakes in money, but even still you'll probably be waiting over a year.

Well, they say they are aiming for a full f2p release on steam by the end of the year. Maybe they'll fast track the ps4 version if this does well and rakes in money, but even still you'll probably be waiting over a year.
The work they are doing on the Planetside 2 port is transferring over for this port and they said it will be easier to port over since PS4 is basically a PC. The longest wait will be for the PC version to hit 1.0.

Klyka

Banned
25 Event Tickets
3 Airdrop Tickets
4 Keys
6 Crates

Can someone explain these things? I can't find anything about this

An event ticket allows you to play a round on an event server. Right now the only event servers run "battle royale" which is a last man standing mode that rewards cosmetics and other tickets.

Airdrop tickets give you the ability to call in an airdrop into the map. This will summon a plane that flies across the map and drop a crate. In the crate can basically be anything.
The plane and crate can be seen by everyone on the map and the crate descends on a parachute so people have time to get there and fight over the crate. Just cause you summoned it does NOT mean you will get it.

keys and crates work just like in TF2 or CS.GO. You get locked crates and you use keys to unlock them. Inside you can find blueprints and cosmetic items.

Top Bottom