• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

demolitio

This makes me regret I didn't find a firearm before getting off since I'm sure they'll be making the loot a little LESS common than it was this afternooon. The sounds of gunshots scared me off though.

Looks like it's going to be a balancing act after two extremes.

kcxiv

This makes me regret I didn't find a firearm before getting off since I'm sure they'll be making the loot a little LESS common than it was this afternooon. The sounds of gunshots scared me off though.

Looks like it's going to be a balancing act after two extremes.

i was trying to find me a damned gun before the server went down, but some dude was on a bridge and i was down below and he was tryign to rifle me, he shot me once and i got down to 30 percent, i went inside a shack bandaged 2 times and logged. I did find ammo though.

BizzyBum

Loot is a tricky thing with these types of games. Before this patch there wasn't any loot, which I guess makes it more realistic since you wouldn't expect to find much lying around in a post apocalyptic world, but this is a video game so realism != fun. Playing for 5 hours and finding a pipe and a baseball cap just doesn't make it fun.

On the other hand, this past patch was a little too crazy. I actually didn't find any guns, but I did find ammo, clothing, and tons of food which is practically in every fridge/cabinet now. Food should definitely be less scarce in homes which should force people to hunt and cook at fires. I wasn't worried at all about my energy and had a surplus of canned food.

Also, hearing gun shots rattle off in the distance is freakin awesome, and scary.

Teknoman

I am, and now there is a decent amount of loot. Im stuck in Ranchito...too many zombies, but I found an extra pair of pants, a rifle, and some other things.

Its not loot EVERYWHERE, but alot more than before.

Tobor

I had too much stuff I was scared to lose so I made a new character.

I found a pistol and a hatchet laying inthe road! Wtf!

Teknoman

Im gonna try to make my way out of Ranchito and find some sort of crowbar / start stocking up on metal if I can. Now is probably the best time to start getting the base together imo.

BizzyBum

There's no way to add people on a friend's list in game to see when they are on, right? I just put my info in the Google Docs form but without seeing who's on it makes it kinda tough to form groups.

Compsiox

Banned
There's no way to add people on a friend's list in game to see when they are on, right? I just put my info in the Google Docs form but without seeing who's on it makes it kinda tough to form groups.

actually there is try checking the h1z1 wiki for commands

So what this PLAY BATTLE ROYALE button do? Does it get u in immediately or is it the same as waiting for a server?

When it lights up that means there is an open server. Click on it fast and you'll most likely get in. If you are slow you may get a queue and should probably leave cause you'd wait the entire match.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whelp just died in one of the towns by some guy spamming turn down for what. I pushed my luck anyway, though was able to amass quite a bit thanks to the new loot. Now its time to go play some Dying Light.

Compsiox

Banned
I came on for first time in a week (survival)

See a guy running with rifle

Run after him with the 7 bullets in my pistol and take him out.

I take his rifle and some stuff.

Then like 5 people started charging the house I was hiding in and logged off.

Teknoman

Man now i've got a few metal shards, some new crafting recipes, a handgun (no bullets) 2 hunting rifles (holding onto one for any GAF that cant find one) an extra pair of pants (also up for grabs), some shotgun shells, and other things.

I'm extra paranoid now...and looking for a car/truck/jeep. I keep hearing scattered gunshots every so often.

akileese

I was in Pleasant Valley for about an hour and holy crap. So much stuff. There is so much stuff you cannot possibly carry it all. I still think energy/thirst drain too fast but I got about 12 purified bottles of water. Hang guns everywhere. I actually managed to find ammo for them at least.

Also are zombies essentially spawning out of thin air now? This has happened to me about five or six times now.

Wow, I logged in for 5 minutes and found so much gear including crowbars, axes, shotty and ammo, .45 and ammo. I quickly logged out with my spoils and will hopefully have a chance to use it when it's all a little less common.

Teknoman

Yeah I decided to log out since I didnt have any GAF backup and kept hearing scattered gunshots. Dont think they were at me, but still. Anyway, next time we all meet up, i've got stuff for people.

Also compass found.

FrsDvl

Yeah I decided to log out since I didnt have any GAF backup and kept hearing scattered gunshots. Dont think they were at me, but still. Anyway, next time we all meet up, i've got stuff for people.

I'm gonna be on a in little while, a few others should be on too! I think.

kcxiv

go fight the good fight! im eating or i'd be online by myself if i had too! If i die i die! lol

shuri

Banned
Some dude just killed me and taunted me by saying he was using some sort of see thru wall aimbot :(

First time I had some decent game going on too. This sucks! I wish there were more zombies and less people, I keep running into survivors all the time

Big Chungus

Some dude just killed me and taunted me by saying he was using some sort of see thru wall aimbot :(

First time I had some decent game going on too. This sucks! I wish there were more zombies and less people, I keep running into survivors all the time

i think the map is too small for the number of people on a server.

it just feels really congested.

Just went on a killing spree at Lonepine development. Sorry victims but it's been a rough week of getting killed and having my base broken into over and over again till they destroyed it. I was geared up with a ton of pistol ammo and was asking no questions.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Just went on a killing spree at Lonepine development. Sorry victims but it's been a rough week of getting killed and having my base broken into over and over again till they destroyed it. I was geared up with a ton of pistol ammo and was asking no questions.

Is Lonepine the really built up area with heaps of office-like buildings? Because I got shot by someone there who was coming down some stairs.

demolitio

Befriend zombies.

I keep trying to tear off their jaws and chain them to me so I can walk through the map without any issues.

Oh wait, zombies aren't the main threat right now... :(

I did find some guys hidden stash of goods at least. Just hate playing this alone.

demolitio

The new loot system is still pretty damn good. Lots of melee weapons, food in the houses, crafting parts all over, and an absolute shitload of .45 ammo. Guns are still going to be a treat to find in a short period of time but FRS found a .308 with a lot of ammo not too long after we started playing.

Definitely plays a lot better now and I don't have to live off of berries. Just wish we didn't stumble upon a guy's base as he was in there with his AR-15 because now I'm afraid to come out of the bush I was hiding in.

Best patch so far.

Top Bottom