• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access Will be released January 15th, 2015

driver116

We're getting close. I hope I don't feel like a tard buying the only tard sku available and pumping more money into the genre.

Awesome. If his mod winds up on PS4 as well that would be amazing. The Arma 3 Life devs need to do something as well.

Something tells me this isn't going to hit PS4 for a long time.

It's still scheduled for January 15 right?

If so, I gotta go pick up a Steam card soon.

Yes, still the 15. Huge day of streaming this Friday. Looks like they will have known streamers come in and play the latest build.

How do we go about make a Early Access OT?

also, New Forrest shot.
B6x31xUCYAIwZAW.png:large

it's near.
B6yKqCfCcAA17yE.png:large

Friday is a big day. Here is all the stream info.
THIS STREAM COULD BE YOUR KEY TO SURVIVAL

We’ve been stockpiling supplies for weeks in preparation for the Early Access launch of H1Z1 next week. This isn’t your normal zombie apocalypse, so help us celebrate the impending decimation this Friday on Twitch.

We’ll have a number of special guests in and streaming on their personal channels including:

Tessachka (@TessGames ) https://www.twitch.tv/tessachka
Lowco2525 (@Lowco2525) https://www.twitch.tv/Lowco2525
rhinoCRUNCH (@rhinoCRUNCH) https://www.twitch.tv/rhinocrunch
WHITEBOY7THST (@Whiteboy7thst) https://www.twitch.tv/whiteboy7thst
rivaLxfactor (@rivaLxfactor) https://www.twitch.tv/rivaLxfactor
In addition we’ll have CohhCarnage, Ellohime, NGTZombies, and itmeJP streaming not only from their channels, but the official H1Z1 Channel alongside your favorite developers.

12:30PM PST – Introduction with Greg Henninger, Adam Clegg, and Jimmy Whisenhunt

1:00PM PST – Jimmy Whisenhunt featuring CohhCarnage (@CohhCarnage)

2:00PM PST – Steve George featuring Ellohime (@EllohimeTwitch)

3:00PM PST – Adam Clegg featuring NGTZombies (@NextGenTactics)

4:00PM PST – Adam Clegg featuring Adrianne Curry (@AdrianneCurry)

5:00PM PST – Jimmy Whisenhunt featuring itmeJP (@itmeJP)

Also, be on the lookout for news, videos, livestreams, and body counts from these news outlets:

Brad “The HiveLeader” McDonald – MMORPG
Mark Forte – The Nerdist
Tom Marks – PC Gamer
Ozzie Mejia – Shacknews
Kirk Wallace and Mark McDonald – MMO Attack
Steve Barton – Dread Central
Don’t miss the opportunity to hang out with us one last time before H1Z1 launches in Early Access next week!

Flunkie

Banned
Inclusion of Battle Royale is huge for the viral marketing of this game. The Twitch/YouTube/streaming community will be all over that.

Can't wait. Not sure if I'm in for $20 or $40.

CryptiK

See no reason for this with Dayz around.
Well Dayz has gotten no where IMO and its engine is trash. So if someone can do it better with more optimized engine for large player counts then I see a perfectly good reason for it to be around.

Something tells me this isn't going to hit PS4 for a long time.

I give it mid-late 2016 tbh (wishful of late 2015 but this is SOE)

they seem to be making good progress with all the streams and yourtubers I've watched.

And they went ahead and announced it for PS4 during it's reveal (PS2 seemed like an afterthought for porting)

Was very excited to hear of the early access release date, then I read the FAQ.

Will you be able to play H1Z1 in Europe?

Yes, H1Z1 will be available through Steam Early Access in North America and Europe. We have plans to expand access in the future.

So, when will Australia be able to join in? Seems odd they don't have support on day 1. Planetside 2 did/does.

Day Z started an awesome genre and I think the game has it's audience but I don't like the engine and I don't like it's gameplay. So I'm glad this game is being made and I think SOE is a perfect fit for it since they have a large team, money and already have the perfect technology for this type of game. I won't bash day Z because I hope it delivers on it's promise. Both games can co exist because I see day z as much more of a sim and this as an mmo.

Pachimari

If I pay $20 for the game, I get the normal edition but if I pay $40, all I get is more keys and crates which in the end amounts to more cosmetic stuff?

If I'm only getting cosmetics I can get over time anyway, then I might jump on the $20 edition.

Shady859

The koolaide has been drank, picked up 2 $20 Steam cards today. Going all in on the premium edition bundle.

This Standard Edition Bundle grants you:

Early Access to H1Z1
3 Event Tickets
1 Launch Crate Key
2 Crates

The Premium Edition Bundle grants you:

Early Access to H1Z1
25 Event Tickets
3 Airdrop Tickets
4 Launch Crate Keys
6 Crates
Exclusive Aviator Hat Crafting Recipe

The koolaide has been drank, picked up 2 $20 Steam cards today. Going all in on the premium edition bundle.

Same here man. Going for that aviator hat. OT is done and will be posted midnight on the 15th.

Any guesses at the UK prices?

Not yet. Prices aren't on listed on steam yet.

If I pay $20 for the game, I get the normal edition but if I pay $40, all I get is more keys and crates which in the end amounts to more cosmetic stuff?

If I'm only getting cosmetics I can get over time anyway, then I might jump on the $20 edition.

The crates are cosmetic yeah, the event tickets are for Battle Royale and other servers like that.You will get free tickets for playing but we don't know at what rates. So if you plan on playing a lot of event servers then it's worth the price. The aviator hat is an exclusive though. If you kill someone with it you get a version that will decay eventually.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So excited. I cant believe how many viewers this game will get. Lirik will get 40k+ playing this first day

Guile

Banned
I thought this was free-to-play? But the OP mentions a price tag. Am I missing something or am I confused with a different game? :eek:

sunnz

See no reason for this with Dayz around.

Yea the vehicles and ability to craft in dayz sure are good right ( ive given up on dayz, probably actually have those features now)

Dayz is STILL behind the mod in terms of content and features.

Diknak

Neo Member
I'm excited to give this a play tonight. Too bad we couldn't pre download, but w/e.

I never got into DayZ because I heard of all of the problems it had and they aren't fixing issues that have been in the game for a long time. SOE has a pretty good track record of listening to the players recently, so they'll get my $20.

Top Bottom