• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Habitual sub eater may move lunch spot because of resident's gripe

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Someone needs to find that old couple an HOA to join like a normal pair of useless paranoid idiots with a power fetish.

damn i miss sub shops, california needs to get their shit together.

We have a really awesome sub shop in KC called Planet Sub that has expanded and added some new locations over the last few years. I went to see if they'd actually gone out of town, and I was surprised, they've expanded a LOT. They're now in STL, Detroit, Ohio and Arizona! No California, though.

Eyeh4wk

Not as good as this guy:
tenor.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What on earth is floor hockey?

Ok ive googled.

Did you guys actually make a floor version of ice hockey and call it floor hockey because... theres already hockey?

akira28

You'd think if the neighborhood watch were that nosy, they'd have seen with their own eyes that he hadn't tried to do shit in over a year, and maybe- just maybe- he was a dude who'd found a nice lunch spot to relax.

Asses.

nope. people get irrational as fuck when they don't have information and they have fear of either violence or loss of property. He's obviously been casing the neighborhood for a year and is planning on robbing every house there as soon as the residents let down their guards.

Did you guys actually make a floor version of ice hockey and call it floor hockey because... theres already hockey?

yeah you know ice hockey has that little low friction surface requirement. and low temperatures + water, etc. somewhat inconvenient.

I think the real problem here is these neighbors are obviously in need of quality entertainment. If they've got nothing better to do than stare out the window all day then they're truly dead inside.
You should see my GF's place, old people peeping out of every other window, it's insane.
Also, this story is fucking insane hilarious.

"Ice hockey" is the more redundant phrase in North America, at least.

The only people that call it "ice hockey" are people who aren't interested in the sport. Everyone in Canada and areas of America where it's popular just call it hockey. I've mostly just heard the phrase ice hockey from Europeans, where other variations like field hockey are also popular.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think youve both missed the point here....
No they invented a new game based on ice hockey, but instead if wearing skates you run around, and instead if a puck you use a ball. They also have footfootball where instead of picking up the ball you kick it from player to player and instead of an oval ball it is round.

nullref

I think youve both missed the point here....

No one in North America cares about that sport. (I think a lot of people barely know it exists, honestly.) Here, "ice hockey" is hockey. Floor hockey is ice hockey you can play in a gym, probably with a ball.

.la1n

In the county I live in there are laws governing public street parking. You can't park within a certain number of feet of a driveway. Can't park so as to impede an emergency vehicle (primarily fire trucks) if they needed access through the street.

Granted; we have a lot of neighborhoods with fairly narrow streets in this area. Homeowners do not own the street in front of their house but it's also not an ungoverned free parking lot.

In this situation I don't see a problem with what he was doing and I think the neighbors handled it poorly.

lol

sounds like a pretty nice dude, i did the same habit of eating my breakfast in the second parking lot of this coffee shop for 3 years. usually because it was a really calm place so i would put some music, enjoy my coffee smoothie and every once in a while have a smoke

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
"Ice hockey" is the more redundant phrase in North America, at least.
Ice hockey, field hockey, indoor hockey, street hockey...
I don't think it's redundant, there are many media for hockey, you have to be clear.

Top Bottom