• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Habitual sub eater may move lunch spot because of resident's gripe

Ashby

This literally happened to me yesterday! I parked on a residential street by my office to eat a sandwich and no less than five minutes go by before the guy in the house across from my car walks up to my window. I put my window down, the guy asks "You need anything?" in an aggressive tone so I tell him "No, I'm parked." Guy then said "Oh, okay" and walked away. So weird.

commedieu

Banned
This literally happened to me yesterday! I parked on a residential street by my office to eat a sandwich and no less than five minutes go by before the guy in the house across from my car walks up to my window. I put my window down, the guy asks "You need anything?" in an aggressive tone so I tell him "No, I'm parked." Guy then said "Oh, okay" and walked away. So weird.

All of these stories are bold because homeowners don't own the street.

Redd

Sounds about right. Even my neighbors have no idea how to myob. Got to be up in everything. God forbid you're outside amd forget to say good morning or evening because shit will hit the fan.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Habitual sub eater may move lunch spot because of resident's gripe
But it's not because suspicious neighbors scared off America's most famous sub eater. (Yes, we're serious, and more later on how the story of the Town of Tonawanda submarine sandwich standoff has gone viral.)

"I'll be back strong," Pawlowski promised one friend on Facebook who asked about his sub-eating routine.
OP is fake news.

I imagine there will be people defending the neighborhood assholes much like they defended the passive aggressive shitheads in the wind chime thread.

Dalek

This sounds right. Old people can be fucking nosy as hell. It makes me mad to read this. Dude is just trying to have one hour out of the workday to get some peace of mind and these assholes want to ruin it.

Remember the Indian grandfather who was paralyzed by cops when he was just taking a walk? That was because nosy neighbors saw him walking everyday and were suspicious.

Raguel

My neighbor from across the street would have called the cops on this guy within two days. They're pieces of shit and has called the cops on practically everyone within the victinty for the dumbest things like parking on their side of the street, which had a shaded tree like the one in the story.

Glad that the old lady who owns the house and trees turned out to be so sweet but fuck nosey cowardly neighbors.

gaiages

Banned
as someone born in Buffalo, nothing at all about this story surprises me.

Upstate NY can be as crazy as Florida sometimes, trust me, I've lived in both.

Then again this story doesn't involve sub man making a fool of himself so maybe this isn't the best comparison

This story would have gone in a completely different direction if he were not White.

This sounds right. Old people can be fucking nosy as hell. It makes me mad to read this. Dude is just trying to have one hour out of the workday to get some peace of mind and these assholes want to ruin it.

Remember the Indian grandfather who was paralyzed by cops when he was just taking a walk? That was because nosy neighbors saw him walking everyday and were suspicious.

Yes y'all we needed to make this fun little story and make it political. Don't we have enough other threads for that?

nofunallowed.jpg

Kittygirl

While I find it weird to park in front of a random house to eat your lunch, if the person who owns the house doesn't care then whatever.

I once worked with a woman whose husband had this happen while he was in the car. Neighbors called the cops because he was sitting in the car, in front of the house two houses away.

He was parked in front of his own house, and was doing paperwork.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Should have told him 'Mustard'.

Zoe

Damn, $9 for that sub! Unless maybe he's just getting the 6 inch for 5.50. Their hot sub menu looks awesome though, that's the part I'd be hitting up.

http://tailgatedeli.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Tailgate-Deli-menu-2016.pdf

Hey, what do you want to bet they'll rename the Turkey and Ham "The Pawlowski" eventually?

He gets the combo. From the Esquire interview:
Oh, they make a huge sub. I am not small person, I get a half a sub, a bag of chips, and a pop, and it fills me up.

Redd

My next door neighbor believes the curb in front of his house is his alone. He can park wherever when he has a guest or 2 but don't ever park in front of his house or he will call the cops.

Seen this on a few occasions. It's sort of entertaining.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can someone just clarify in detail what this guy's routine is? I don't know if I can figure it out from the articles.

ColdPizza

Banned
Can someone just clarify in detail what this guy's routine is? I don't know if I can figure it out from the articles.

He gets the same sub every Thursday from the same place and goes down a few streets to park in the same spot in a residential neighborhood.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
What is this fool, sandwich crazy?
EQECg7I.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
While I find it weird to park in front of a random house to eat your lunch, if the person who owns the house doesn't care then whatever.
If the person who does own the house does care then whatever. Homeowners don't own the street, don't own the gutter, don't own the curb and don't own the sidewalk. Those are public property.

My next door neighbor believes the curb in front of his house is his alone. He can park wherever when he has a guest or 2 but don't ever park in front of his house or he will call the cops.

Seen this on a few occasions. It's sort of entertaining.
And have the cops given him a citation yet for calling them for no reason?

Lunch break starts
Drive to sandwich shop
Buy sandwich
Drive away from sandwich shop
Park on street
Eat sandwich
Drive back to work
Lunch break ends

Should've asked him for some Grey Poupon.

Bored, elderly, and nosy? Not surprising. I'm currently living on a Cul de Sac and and an elderly neighbor recently accosted my gf because she parked at the very top of the circle. Apparently this neighbor believes fully half the cul de sac belongs to her, and will angrily attempt to run off anyone who dares to park on a public street.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Fuck that couple. They need to be shunned by the entire state.

Laekon

While I think the neighbors are crazy I don't understand people like this guy. I don't get eating in your car when there are other options. Did the place not have seats? Maybe try finding a park? I work next to an in n out and people are always eating in their car in a shitty ass parking lot.

I wouldn't look down on the couple as 'nosy.' If some guy is parking on a residential street for a bit every day for months and doesn't even get out of his car I'd be a little less comfortable than I was before he started doing it (granted circumstances of his parking there were unknown). And if the couple was concerned about this man, I mean calling the cops is safer than approaching him. Boxing him in is not though aha.

They went about it terribly, I assume it was building up in their minds for a long time. The husband intrepidly telling his wife "This is the day honey, I'm gonna go out there and tell him to beat it!" "No, let's box him in like we planned!" Funny story, but I'm not exactly rooting for the guy to keep parking there so that couple can get their comeuppance, there's essentially nothing on the line in my mind.

Zoe

While I think the neighbors are crazy I don't understand people like this guy. I don't get eating in your car when there are other options. Did the place not have seats? Maybe try finding a park? I work next to an in n out and people are always eating in their car in a shitty ass parking lot.

Sometimes people just want a break from others. And I would certainly find my car seat more comfortable than a dirty park bench.

TL;Dr but has the place become a mecca for subway sandwich eaters yet? It seems like the thing the internet would do, schedule a day a week for everyone to rock up or roster so there is a different person every day of the week eating their lunch there. Could you imagine I'm finding it hard to imagine

depths20XX

Nosey old people with boring lives that have nothing better to do than stir up shit.

I saw another video on YouTube where a guy gets confronted eating his sandwich in a park by an old man. The old man accuses him of being a drug dealer because he eats his sandwich there for lunch each day.

ColdPizza

Banned
TL;Dr but has the place become a mecca for subway sandwich eaters yet? It seems like the thing the internet would do, schedule a day a week for everyone to rock up or roster so there is a different person every day of the week eating their lunch there. Could you imagine I'm finding it hard to imagine

I provided a tl;dr summary on the OP.

norm9

I get the eat in car box so I can immediately park and eat it while I listen to tunes or sports radio. Its so convenient and comfortable.

Awwww, guy just wants to eat in peace.
I have a feeling it might be like this in the new neighborhood I am moving into. It's the suburbs and has quite a few elderly couples. I have driven by the new house to check it out, and I'll see these elderly people stop what they are doing to stare at me as I drive down the road LOL good luck to me!

Top Bottom