• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had the Panasonic Jungle existed, it could've had an OLED screen and cost $249/$349

A guest on the Bombcast was recently talking about how one of the big publishers breaks down the gamer audience into categories like this...
I can understand and even sort of respect wanting to publicly acknowledge and recognise there's different types of gamers in your audience beyond 'hardcore' and 'casuals' (terms I wish the big 3 would stop using because they're too broad and stupid-sounding as it is), but using old early 00's lingo like 'newb' and 'pwn' just comes across as both incredibly awkward and insincere.

Not to mention when you start using that as the main marketing campaign of a brand new system, especially one from a company whose last attempt was the CD-i, then you're really in trouble.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I kind of wish this was happening (and it had a better form factor). It's been a long time since we had a new contender in the game hardware space. I also have a favorable view of Pansonic.

I kind of wish this was happening (and it had a better form factor). It's been a long time since we had a new contender in the game hardware space. I also have a favorable view of Pansonic.

Someone wasn't around for the 3DO, i see. A "new contender" they aint!

Top Bottom