• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakoom finally did it... level 100 on PSN

TyrantII

And how does one actually sell a platinum?
Gain the login/password from someone, play the game till completion and hand the account back at which point the person changes the login details?

I'd imagine. Not exactly legal for the account holder, as TOS says it's a no-no to give out your ID. But for him it's perfectly legal and apparently a pretty lucrative business vs the cost of living where he's at.

Selling digital goods and labor; welcome to the 21st century!

Maybe it time for me to stop the grind and move somewhere cheap :)

nope i dont wear glases
i do not beleive in tv damaging a persons eyes.. unles he sits 1cm close to it

my eyes do not hurt me or anything even when i play for long hours..
they only hurt when i need to sleep

i get bored sometimes and thats when i swap games to refresh my mood..
if i am realy bored or exausted then i just go and do something else like watch a tv series or anime

What he isn't telling you is that while he's watching TV he has all this rubberband contraptions on his controller to grind out stuff ;P

..........I did those things as well for a virtual icon. Like leaving on your PS3 for B-spec grinding in GT5. Life is Beautiful.

What I can't believe is you spend all the time gaming to get all these trophies, AND you spend all that time getting other people platinums as well. There's just not enough time in the day.

You must really need to poop.

TyrantII

I don't know how Hakoom does it. Imagine how many worthless collection items this guy has had to find for those plats.

I get mad at having to find collectibles in just one game.

Too bad he didn't track stats like that!

Total collectibles found across all games
Total XP earned across all games
Total Kills, deaths, assists across all games MP.

The numbers have to be insane.

Hakoom, thank you for answering my questions. I hope you don't mind me asking more questions. This is very interesting to me.

You should do Ask Me Anything on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/

1. What did you do before you play for trophies? Did you play PlayStation 1 - 2, PlayStation Portable, (original) Xbox, Dreamcast etc? Or you did not play video games and did something else?

2. What is the best trophy and worst trophy you unlocked?

3. What games do you hate or avoid?

4. Since you have 600+ platinums. How many games are there actually? Games with trophies and games without trophies. You must know this.

Hakoom

What he isn't telling you is that while he's watching TV he has all this rubberband contraptions on his controller to grind out stuff ;P

..........I did those things as well for a virtual icon. Like leaving on your PS3 for B-spec grinding in GT5. Life is Beautiful.

that tooo LOL
yes i sometimes leave the ps3 on even when i sleep with a ruber band or book on turbo..
you could say i cheat maybe because my turbo controler is netting me trophies :p

What I can't believe is you spend all the time gaming to get all these trophies, AND you spend all that time getting other people platinums as well. There's just not enough time in the day.

You must really need to poop.

and who said iam getting others plats? ;)
i wont go in to this in full details here iam sure its against site rules unles an admin or mod can allow..
or if a person wants to make a smal Q/A article thread for GAF then i could answer those questions in it

bunbun777

So you will just keep getting trophies now and await the hopefully inevitable level cap increase? Grats on level 100 and the marriage! =D

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
There are socks for that.

Actually he can take his Vita to the bathroom ;).

Why did you get the Japanese Virtue's Last Reward? the game was released in the west, too, do you get each achievement twice this way? Isn't it totally annoying to play a text adventure game in japanese (assuming you don't speak Japanese?) :/?

ViciousDS

Banned
For all the haters saying he has no life.....this is his life and he probably makes good money doing it to. Shit I would do it if I could but I do not have the dedication and soul to do it.

Game on hakoom you are one hell of a trooper man.

Would love to add you to my friends list one day because I know you would always be there to chat with.

Hakoom

Hakoom, thank you for answering my questions. I hope you don't mind me asking more questions. This is very interesting to me.

You should do Ask Me Anything on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/

1. What did you do before you play for trophies? Did you play PlayStation 1 - 2, PlayStation Portable, (original) Xbox, Dreamcast etc? Or you did not play video games and did something else?

2. What is the best trophy and worst trophy you unlocked?

3. What games do you hate or avoid?

4. Since you have 600+ platinums. How many games are there actually? Games with trophies and games without trophies. You must know this.

thats totaly fine with me.. you could ask 1000 questions :p
but i dont like to go to other sites.. facebook and twitter are enough for me
and i also have this for asking hakoom
http://hakoom.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

i played gameboy back in the 80s then played sega at my cousins each week then ps1 and ps2 ages ago then left ps2 and started playing MMOS on PC
iam not a fan of any other console except PS.. iam not a blind fanboy or anything but i just love sony over other consoles.. because they create the best games and consoles !

iam not sure since there are many...
worst trophies would be online trophies for sure.. and best trophies would be to complete a game etc and a trophy per chapter

i avoid games that require 1000h or 500h... since we have many games atm which require 10h or 20 or even 50h.. no need to waste time on a 1000h plat when i can get 10~20 other plats in this time

how many games in the entire PS? i think around 1300 or 1400 games are available
counting games which can be plated 2 or 3 or even 6 times.. all mixed together will add up to 1300~1400 or more by few..
i would never know the correct # since many games get released everyday

So you will just keep getting trophies now and await the hopefully inevitable level cap increase? Grats on level 100 and the marriage! =D

i will keep getting trophies

when i reached lvl 50 i made a video and ign wrote an article about me then sony opend the lvl when they saw it i think :p

when i release my lvl 100 video i hope ign wil re write an article lol and then sony wil open the cap :D

Actually he can take his Vita to the bathroom ;).

Why did you get the Japanese Virtue's Last Reward? the game was released in the west, too, do you get each achievement twice this way? Isn't it totally annoying to play a text adventure game in japanese (assuming you don't speak Japanese?) :/?

virtue can be plated 3 times
US/EU/JP
same game but stacks 3 times
i do not speak japanese but i know what to do since i plated it twice already

Do you set yourself some goals? Like "I want to have 1000 plats" or 10.000 silver trophies or something like that to motivate yourself?

yes i do 50 plats and each lvl up
like my next goal is 650 plats then 666 devil # :D then 700

How many controllers have you gone through?

i only broke 2 controlers
once with sly collection and once with MW3

For all the haters saying he has no life.....this is his life and he probably makes good money doing it to. Shit I would do it if I could but I do not have the dedication and soul to do it.

Game on hakoom you are one hell of a trooper man.

Would love to add you to my friends list one day because I know you would always be there to chat with.

thanks
you can add me on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hakoom/361497360579
https://www.facebook.com/Hakooooom

easier to chat there than psn

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Do you keep all those games you are playing thrugh? Because that has to be one hell of a collection :D.

Rafterman

Banned
Sad think of all the awful games he had to play for that.

Exactly.

How long he plays games doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you can't get a score that high without playing a ton of garbage games. I guess it's cool if that's what someone wants to do, but there isn't enough time in the day to get me to play a game I don't like, much less a bunch of them.

Hakoom

Do you keep all those games you are playing thrugh? Because that has to be one hell of a collection :D.

not all
i sell and trade or boroow most
i just spend money on japanese games and i have over 40 of them or so

also for the guy asking about how many games are on psn
to be exact there are about 2207 games which you can obtain trophies on to date
info taken from PSNTL admin ( i asked him)
my 1200 guess was for plats only i think :p

and people realy pay you these prices?

how many ninjy gaiden platinums did you sell?

yes they do with a little discount
or else i wouldt be able to buy all these japanese games

r@v3n

OMG!!! Lvl 100! Damn, congrats man! can't even comprehend the time went into this. Have couple of questions though.

- I read that you help people get trophies for a living. Is that legal according to sony TOS?
- I assume your entire time is invested in gaming but do you have any other hobbies or activities you are crazy abt?

I can't believe people would pay hundreds of dollars to get platinum in games. I can understand maybe 50 bucks, but 225? Yikes.

Also, how much would you charge to get the coop trophy in Super chime deluxe? I have no friends who are good enough at the game :(

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Do you have wrist pain at all? Are you worried about stuff like Tendonitis or Carpal tunnel?

I would definitely be scared of that if I played as much as you :)

in any case, tbarkellah wallah ykemmel bikhair.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is that as impressive as the guy on XBLA who is about to hit 1 million gamer score?

I don't really know how trophies "scale" in terms of their worth...

Hakoom

Wow, that's some big numbers here.

Congrats Hakoom, you seem like a really nice person ;)

How long did it take you to plat Hannah Montana?

8h

OMG!!! Lvl 100! Damn, congrats man! can't even comprehend the time went into this. Have couple of questions though.

- I read that you help people get trophies for a living. Is that legal according to sony TOS?
- I assume your entire time is invested in gaming but do you have any other hobbies or activities you are crazy abt?

thanks

i dont know if its legal or not
but the ppl trust me and know i would never backstab them..
sony has to also understand that ppl like me are getting no support from sony or gamign companies.. we need to make a living too
MS on the other hand gave the #1 achievement hunter freebies and he has alot of support from other places ;x

yes i invest alot of time in to gaming.. but i also hang out with friends and i also have my friends come over on thursdays and we play games together :p
yeeee i know what u think.. its all gaming and gaming in the end LOL.. o well iam a gamer.. i got many lives ;p

I can't believe people would pay hundreds of dollars to get platinum in games. I can understand maybe 50 bucks, but 225? Yikes.

Also, how much would you charge to get the coop trophy in Super chime deluxe? I have no friends who are good enough at the game :(

cant answer these questions here sorry

Do you have wrist pain at all? Are you worried about stuff like Tendonitis or Carpal tunnel?

I would definitely be scared of that if I played as much as you :)

in any case, tbarkellah wallah ykemmel bikhair.

no wrist pain thanks to god
never heard of those things u mentioned :p
the only things i hurt are the enemies in the game !

After all those games Hakoom, can you pick a favourite?

Also, did you ever get the platinum in Warhawk (requires 1000+ hours of gameplay)?

EDIT

And have you gotten Gran Turismo 5's platinum yet?

lvl 100 is the psn lvl cap
lvl 50 was the old cap

video will be up in couple of days
Wow, the lvl cap is 100. I guess its time for Sony to raise it again.
Congrats Hakoom!

What was the most boring game you played going for the platinum?

Which one was the most fun?

Do you go for the games on ps+ and plat them if you don't have them?

Do you take breaks often while trophy hunting?

I have friends who think I'm crazy for going after trophies and I'm only level 15 with 24 platinums. Do your friends ever get you to try something else than gaming?

Once you plat a game. Have you ever replayed it for any reason? Like you enjoyed it or memorable moments?

And of course, what game was your very first platinum?

Hakoom

After all those games Hakoom, can you pick a favourite?

Also, did you ever get the platinum in Warhawk (requires 1000+ hours of gameplay)?
EDIT

And have you gotten Gran Turismo 5's platinum yet?

the last of us
god of war 3
uncharted series
MGS4
Killzone series
Darksiders series

nope i didnt plat warhawk.. not worth it tbh.. its 1 plat.. i could get 20 other plats or even 30
if there wherent many games on psn then i would of plated it.. but now we got many many games which need 10~30h only

GT5 i will plat next year
i just need 1 more gold in redbull and the 24h races

Wow, the lvl cap is 100. I guess its time for Sony to raise it again.
Congrats Hakoom!

What was the most boring game you played going for the platinum?

Which one was the most fun?

Do you go for the games on ps+ and plat them if you don't have them?

Do you take breaks often while trophy hunting?

I have friends who think I'm crazy for going after trophies and I'm only level 15 with 24 platinums. Do your friends ever get you to try something else than gaming?

thanks

most boring game was disney universe
i even fell asleep everytime i tried to play it for some reason... thats why i didnt 100% it lol
i go for any games i get my hands on if they are fast ofc..
harder games i arange another time for them
i do by reading news on the internet
they do but they fail ;p

the last of us
god of war 3
uncharted series
MGS4
Killzone series
Darksiders series

nope i didnt plat warhawk.. not worth it tbh.. its 1 plat.. i could get 20 other plats or even 30
if there wherent many games on psn then i would of plated it.. but now we got many many games which need 10~30h only

GT5 i will plat next year
i just need 1 more gold in redbull and the 24h races

OK thanks for the reply. I'm the same in GT5 ( or close to it), I don't have a wheel and its too hard to get gold on the Redbull stuff without one. Anyway nice job.

Exactly.

How long he plays games doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you can't get a score that high without playing a ton of garbage games. I guess it's cool if that's what someone wants to do, but there isn't enough time in the day to get me to play a game I don't like, much less a bunch of them.
You can't truly appreciate great games without experiencing shit games.

Hakoom

Incredible, congrats.

What was your biggest day ever - most trophies in 1 day?

thanks

iam not exactly sure but i think the idol master volumes
135 trophies in 1h 30mins not even 1 day.. ;p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s00EY1uR7Io

i had a plat streak at the begining of the year with 1 plat everyday for 20 days straight also i think

That's 1 platinum every 3 and a half days for 5 and a half years. Maybe it's just me, but I have a very, very hard time believing anybody could legitimately do that by themselves.

why not..
you do realise some games can be plated in 30mins and 1h corect?
and i have 100 of those if not more plats between 3h and 10h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X50GYT1_s28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAZNv9cnpjs

Olli128

Any chance of a pic of your gaming set up? Kind of curious what kind of palace you've built to comfortably play games for 10-30Hours a day, I can't play for more than about 5 without getting uncomfortable and having to do something else :p

Hakoom

Any chance of a pic of your gaming set up? Kind of curious what kind of palace you've built to comfortably play games for 10-30Hours a day, I can't play for more than about 5 without getting uncomfortable and having to do something else :p

sure

before ps4

548404_10153257487625580_1255333940_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...53257487625580_1255333940_n.jpg&size=1037,775

with ps4

1463646_10153524263180580_198951297_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...53524263180580_198951297_n.jpg&size=1296,1676

Kysen

A brave soul, just looking at the Uncharted/TLoU trophy lists make me sick. Too much grinding and pointless collection stuff.

A couple of more questions:

Did your trophy-hunting start as a hobby? If so, when did you realize that you were addicted to getting trophies?

And when did you realize or come up with the idea that you could make money from it?

Possum

Congratulations, Hakoom! It really goes without saying, but this is an amazingly impressive achievement--or should I say, trophy? ;)

And might I suggest Skylanders: Swap Force for a platinum? You can pick it up on the cheap right now, and it's a pretty quick plat. It's also a lot of fun!

Hakoom

Don't the reflections of the CD's on the walls hurt your eyes?

wtf ;p
ofc not lol

Lé Blade Runner;93755163 said:
A couple of more questions:

Did your trophy-hunting start as a hobby? If so, when did you realize that you were addicted to getting trophies?

And when did you realize or come up with the idea that you could make money from it?

not hobby.. i was in it to break some skulls :p
but i did it because i liked it and i wanted to build up my trophy empire from it
and soon i got addicted more and more like drugs... so i couldnt stop and continued until today

i used to ask others to lend me their games so i could plat then return it to them and it worked.. i even asked the editor at OPM but he refused :p
i then slowly thought of the service thing because i had others asking me for plats.. so i started this business and it worked.. the trophy service money i get i buy games from.. so it gets recycled again in to games..
my name is the most important aspect in this because of it ppl trust me and respect me
i have done no harm t anyone and never spoke or insulted anyone unless i had to defend myself in a thread or video

So, you get trophies for other accounts, in addition to your own account?

yes/no
cant go in more details

Congratulations, Hakoom! It really goes without saying, but this is an amazingly impressive achievement--or should I say, trophy? ;)

And might I suggest Skylanders: Swap Force for a platinum? You can pick it up on the cheap right now, and it's a pretty quick plat. It's also a lot of fun!

thanks !
i need skylander giants and swapforce but i cant find it cheap+ i need to buy the portal+figures...
send them to me? :D

Top Bottom