• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 just got a 6 GB update

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Sanic

So this is probably one of those cases where something gets damaged and the game needs to download a ton of data. Probably wasn't an update.

6GB/2 = 3GB! OMG... HL3!!!!

cPvou.gif

Sentenza

Let's change the engine and break compatibility with every single mod released! Please be excited!
I would be very interested in checking how the new engine performs, even without any visual update.
I would be even more interested in the opportunity to see in action things like data streaming (and playing an Episode 2 without loading times between scenes).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 2 is 6 years old and came on a 360 DVD along with 4 other titles. 6GB is probably just the entire game re-downloading itself.
If we take the Episode number (2) and add it with the other games that came in the Orange Box (4), we have 6. Then we can separate the digits from the Xbox console model, which are 3, 6 and 0. Zero is a null number, so we leave it out. If we divide the 6 by the 6 we obtained earlier, we get a 1. Multiplying that by the 3 that remains gives us another 3. Which is the answer to the riddle, and of course can only mean one thing.

It's confirmed, guys.

Angry Fork

This surely means they're almost finished with Half Life 3, are starting the campaign to get people riled up and will announce it at E3 to launch on PS4/next xbox/PC on March something 2014. Will support Oculus Rift, take advantage of the newest hardware and so on.

That's what it means. I refuse to hear otherwise.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wait, why would it be SteamPipe if SteamPipe doesn't require a download?

LQX

Meh, uninstalled most of everything from Valve as their is so much bloat in their installs and updates.

I'm sure this is just converting it for that Steampipe thing as others have already pointed out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Top Bottom