• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life update released

Caffeine

I was wondering who did the updating. Do you think there really is some legacy team working on half life or did it come from some modding community and it got whitelisted?
a lot of source engine games got updates this year, half-life 2 had a patch last month too. It probably is some valve devs.

theHFIC

Is this game playable yet? I have been holding off starting it until the launch bugs were finally worked out.

ROMhack

Bit of an aside but Imagine if devs released older games in special edition packs with tons of new features like dev commentary and documentaries, you know like the Criterion Collection and Arrow do for movies.

I'm sure most wouldn't care but for me it's a MASSIVE thing holding back the industry from being taken more seriously. Remasters don't even bother doing this and it Makes me sad.

Last edited:

stranno

Getting the Switch version primed. Nice
Nah, a hinted Switch changelog would be like:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Half Life cant handle the Nintendo's stabilitiness.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Every time this happens it's interesting, but also....

tenor.png

Phase

Is this game playable yet? I have been holding off starting it until the launch bugs were finally worked out.
Make sure before playing it for the first time you install the Crack-life mod. It's full of quality of life improvements.

Top Bottom