• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Minute Hero 2 PC/Steam Release Date: 04/04/14 (no PSP/Vita begging)

Just posted to Twitter.

LMguzWM.jpg

I'll PM a lucky mod when the day is unblurred.

My guess is 04/30 because 30.

That also gives them a month to (properly) promote it.

Evening bump, then I'll let it slink away until new news comes out (which is often at the moment).

Also, the game's producer has left a few "soon" posts here and there (in the Steam Announcements page for Half Minute Hero 1, for example) so hopefully my 04/30 guess is wrong.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait. Would've preferred a portable release, but I'm just ecstatic that it's coming out at all.

Puru

Lol, I like how threads now have to ask people to stop saying x indie game should come to Vita

I think it's more about it being a psp game to begin with.

Good news regardless, i really enjoyed the first one on psp back then, i'll definitly give this a shot.

Looks like May? Sure I am down. Really liked the first game.
I think the format is MM/DD/YY and each piece is blurred to a different level.

The year is obvious and the month is mostly obvious, it's only the individual date that's purposely blobbed to smithereens.

Don't know about the actual day but the month sure looks like a "04" to me. And just like I mentioned in the previous thread, with all these leaks, annoucements, and teases happening within the span of a few weeks, I think HMH2 is definitely coming much sooner than later to Steam.

I'm gonna stick with an April release.

cj_iwakura

Can't wait. Would've preferred a portable release, but I'm just ecstatic that it's coming out at all.

My sentiments exactly. Besides, I own the import of the PSP version. It's like having a readily accessible script!

I'm glad the first game did so well on PC. (And sad it did so poorly on PSP.)

COPLonesteban

Neo Member
More stuff coming, soon! I'm pretty much doing the marketing all by myself so I have to keep things trickling out before the big announcement.

PC/Steam has been good for the series. I'd love to have a portable version, too, but the cost/profit ratio is too low when compared to PC.

Maybe someday I can be open about all this stuff, but working for a Japanese company I doubt they'll ever let me talk

Lulubop

More stuff coming, soon! I'm pretty much doing the marketing all by myself so I have to keep things trickling out before the big announcement.

PC/Steam has been good for the series. I'd love to have a portable version, too, but the cost/profit ratio is too low when compared to PC.

Maybe someday I can be open about all this stuff, but working for a Japanese company I doubt they'll ever let me talk

Interesting.

Will support this.

COPLonesteban

Neo Member
Humble suggestion: Time Goddess is awesome. Use her in marketing, ideally in character.

I know, right? She's great. I owe it all to XSEED who really established her character as the insanely lovable gal she is.

Sadly, the model for the Time Goddess is no longer doing modeling work so we can't make more videos, but she shall return in some fashion, I promise.

cj_iwakura

I know, right? She's great. I owe it all to XSEED who really established her character as the insanely lovable gal she is.

Sadly, the model for the Time Goddess is no longer doing modeling work so we can't make more videos, but she shall return in some fashion, I promise.

There's a model?... but heck, use artwork and captions like NIS do if you have to.

Well thanks for all the hard work you've done on HMH PC and the upcoming sequel. I really hope it does well in sales to show the work you've done on it and also to let Marvelous know a port to PSN wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Cbajd5

YOU'RE TALKING TOO MUCH

HURRY RUN

also everyone who wants a portable version should get a laptop

they're pretty portable after all

Also, I'm hoping system requirements will be similar to the first? Because the first runs perfectly on my laptop.

PirateKing

Wait, I have no info about a second game coming. Are you telling me it's not coming to portable Sony and Nimtendo devices?

The first game was one of my fav on PSP.

Kouriozan

Wait, I have no info about a second game coming. Are you telling me it's not coming to portable Sony and Nimtendo devices?

The first game was one of my fav on PSP.
Half-Minute Hero 2 was released on PSP in Japan only because of weak sales of the first in the West.
They released the first on Xbox 360 then on Steam where it had enough sales to translate and release the second game.

PirateKing

Half-Minute Hero 2 was released on PSP in Japan only because of weak sales of the first in the West.
They released the first on Xbox 360 then on Steam where it had enough sales to translate and release the second game.
Understandable. Ahhh damn, is there a fan translation for the Jap version on PSP?

Only PC port begging is permitted.

Thisisneogaf.gif

My thoughts exactly.

In my time here I've seen port begging from all camps result in bans... except when it's PC GAF doing the port begging, and they seem to do more of it than any other part of GAF to boot.

Just don't get it.

Rikkun

Sweet baby PS4 will have some rest, my only hope is for a demo so that I can test my PC before buying.

Sweet news anyway!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Get H.Pro to do it since I'm pretty sure she did the dialogue for her since it sounds exactly how she talks on GAF. o:

In case anyone was confused, metacommentary discussions about port begging are crappy for the exact same reason port begging is in the first place. Cut it out, ok? This thread is about OMG STEAM RELEASE OF HALF MINUTE HERO 2!!!

I liked the first one on PSP (bought it on UMD for my PSP and later a digital version for the Vita). Thinking of getting the 360 version as well, for the achievements...maybe this might be the time to do it to get me prepared for the the PC release!

SparkTR

My thoughts exactly.

In my time here I've seen port begging from all camps result in bans... except when it's PC GAF doing the port begging, and they seem to do more of it than any other part of GAF to boot.

Just don't get it.

Probably because you only go to console threads looking at your posting history. Go to any PC/indie/Kickstarter thread and it gets basically derailed due to console/handheld port begging. I mean, look at the Cloudbuilt OT...

Eusis

The port of first one isn't the greatest exactly, let's hope this is a better effort...
The first game was a 2D game without v-sync on the PSP. They definitely have some issues with the code I imagine, but hopefully with this being the game's US debut rather than leftovers to try to make some money it'll probably get nicer treatment.

glad to see this coming, but I have to be honest with the nature of the way this game series plays it feels more suited to portable systems. If it goes to Vita I'll get it. PC will be an eventual purchase at best.

I still can't believe this is happening. It was one of those titles whose localisation I had given up on. The first Half Minute Hero is one of my top three games of that generation, so naturally the sequel was a game I wanted to get my grubby hands on. I considered importing, but the little bits of dialogue was a large part of why I enjoyed the original, so I decided against it. Glad to see my waiting and defeatist attitude paid off.

This thread is about OMG STEAM RELEASE OF HALF MINUTE HERO 2!!!
OMG STEAM RELEASE OF HALF MINUTE HERO 2!!!

Top Bottom