• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 in the middle of a new lawsuit

Matlock

Banned
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/9/21-58

In what wound up to be an oddly refreshing turn from the usually morally-based videogame legal news, Glud & Marstrand has filed suit against corporate giant Microsoft. The suit has to do with the metal cases that hold the Halo 2 Limited Edition, which G&M believes to be in violation of the non-disclosure agreement that would have kept technologies and designs of their metal game cases secret.

As of now, G&M has only specified they want damages to be paid and the usage of their technologies to be halted.

More on this as it comes.

I'm gonna follow this as long as news comes out about it! By the power of greyskull!

GhaleonEB

I read about this one last week over at HBO. Though it's less about Halo 2 and more about that tin box. Eye-catching title, though! :)

HBO said:
Wow. Remember that cool box the Limited Edition of Halo 2 came in? The Inquirer has a story this morning about a company in Denmark that's suing Microsoft for stealing proprietary information about a metal DVD container, then passing it along to the rival company that ended up manufacturing the boxes. (Microsoft says it did no such thing.)

FiRez

So they're going after activision too?

707257_1_215_1.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Am I reading this right, or are they sueing over infringement of the metal box "technology"? Are my cookies in a tin safe?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
lockii said:
UT2004 also came in a Collectors Ediiton w/ metal-ish box.

i dont think its all metal boxes.. just this particular design.

it sounds like MS contacted this company to design and manufacture the box.. and then MS took that design and gave it to another company to manufacture. or at least, thats what they are saying.

Top Bottom