• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HALO 3 Not Until NExt Year? (dont kill yourselves just yet)

urk said:
Especially when the news comes from the knowledgeable staff at Gamestop.
Yeah, i've never really trusted the 'credible' info pathways from Gamespot to Gamestop. Why wouldn't you trust the knowledgable staff at Gamestop, not just anyone can get those jobs

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Funky Papa said:
Halo 3 is the logical thing, but I'd laugh if the Bungie guys came out with something totally different.

Pimps at Fucking Sea, bitches.

Mrbob

I don't expect Halo 3 until Nov 2007.

I hope we get to see Bungie's other game at E3 2006. Perhaps even released in 2006!

Better yet, they release it and you can only play Master Chief for the first 1/4, then a new younger, totally lame ass character can take his place. :p

hadareud

The Translator
<nu>faust said:
ms doesn't need halo 3 for fall 06 anyways, gears of war is coming

Gears of War is a game I'm actually interested in, unlike Halo 3 (I will still play it though I guess)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
BobTheFork said:
Better yet, they release it and you can only play Master Chief for the first 1/4, then a new younger, totally lame ass character can take his place. :p

Are you talking about Raiden or the Arbiter?

Mr Jared

I don't think anyone expected it out in 2006, unannounced or not.

And as one of the bigger Bungie-Whores around here, I don't mind knowing that one bit. As long as there's a Halo 3 sometime within the next few years, I'll be happy.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
BobTheFork said:
Oh i should have been specific lol, its a raiden slide. I never play Halo2, was arbiter lame?

Some people just couldn't bear to part with good old MC. Plus, it was weird when it was revealed that the Arbiter was being controlled by the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.

urk said:
Some people just couldn't bear to part with good old MC. Plus, it was weird when it was revealed that the Arbiter was being controlled by the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.
ROLF, of course he is, he's Ocelots son. uh should i have spoiler tagged that?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BobTheFork said:
Oh i should have been specific lol, its a raiden slide. I never play Halo2, was arbiter lame?

keith-david.jpg
+
cloak.jpg

arbiter rocked

Sud

You get to be invisible for like 10 seconds...

Anyway it was quite obvious Halo 3 wasn't coming this year. Also for those of you who say it wasn't even announced, you're right, but it was indirectly announced after the millions of sales Halo 2 received. :lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
Christmas 2007 will be the best ever. My bets are on Halo 3, RE5, MGS4, Killzone, GTA and Alan Wake all surfacing in that market window. Dunno about Nintendo. I can't tell these days.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Chittagong said:
Christmas 2007 will be the best ever. My bets are on Halo 3, RE5, MGS4, Killzone, GTA and Alan Wake all surfacing in that market window. Dunno about Nintendo. I can't tell these days.

You forgot about GT5....that should also be out in 07

And I think Alan Wake will be out by the end of this year..

2007 could be the best year for big games since 2001

2001 big games:

Final Fantasy X
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Gran Turismo 3
Halo 1
GTA3
Ico
Devil May Cry

2007 Big games(most Likely)

Resident Evil 5
APB
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Turismo 5
Halo 3
Killzone 3
God of War 3

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I was always expecting it to be released in 2007. There was info around when the Halo movie was announced that there were plans to have the game coincide with the movie. DOesnt sound far fetched

Joe

a summer 2007 release alongside the movie release would be just as big as a november 2007 release...probably bigger.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Wario64 said:
I was always expecting it to be released in 2007. There was info around when the Halo movie was announced that there were plans to have the game coincide with the movie. DOesnt sound far fetched

Yeah, I think just about everybody here expected Halo 3 to arrive in 2007 anyway...

This is good news since this will allow Bungie to give the game the polish it derserved

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Question: When has Microsoft EVER started hyping a game less than a year before its eventual release?

Outside of the launch games, Microsoft seems to always give at least a year to build up hype over its 1st party games.

Chittagong said:
We'll probably at least get a Mario Party or something.

dante786

Banned
MS doesnt need this game in 06, but it sure wouldnt hurt. That said, talk of it coming out in 2008 is just stupid, the game is gonna come out right around the movie in summer 07, the marketing blitz will be inescapable.

I was hoping Bungie would make something for Xbox 360 before Halo 3,
as sort of a practice to get good on 360, then Halo 3 is a game made with a X360-experienced Bungie

-posting via dreamcast, my PC is fucked.

Mooreberg

FiRez said:
good news, less probability to being a rushed job like the last one

Three years of development on hardware they had already worked with vs. three years of development on new hardware

I don't think a "rush job" has as much to do with it as design decisions (like getting rid of the flashlight meter and jump damage).

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Good. The later Halo 3 comes out, the better. I got the feeling with the original Xbox that many great games were overlooked because of dumbasses who latched on to Halo or Halo 2 and ONLY played those games 90% of the time. Maybe this time superior Xbox 360 games and superior multiplayer FPSes (like Unreal Tournament) won't be unfairly overlooked by lots of gamers.

Chrono

Banned
Chittagong said:

This is why they I think they moved TP to the revolution. We'll probably get both Mario and Zelda rev this year. TP might net them a profit on GCN but it won't do anything besides that. Nintendo needs rev to surpass their previous consoles. This is it for them. It'd be a waste on GCN. I bet they've been working on the rev version for a long time and are just stalling with these delays. Nintendo has to sell as many revs as possible very fast or they won't get any dev support; it'd be too late for rev to succeed a year or two into next-gen. It has to make a splash at the first 3-4 months. Also by late 2007 the graphics gap between rev and PS3/360 will be even bigger too.

FiRez

Mooreberg said:
Three years of development on hardware they had already worked with vs. three years of development on new hardware

I don't think a "rush job" has as much to do with it as design decisions (like getting rid of the flashlight meter and jump damage).

if those were only the bad decisions of H2

Top Bottom