• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

OverHeat

« generous god »
the disgruntled gamer said:
Wow, i didn't know people in Quebec used computers. You can't be a native. Are you an immigrant from somewhere else, such as the wonderful Oregon, home of GhaleonEB?

I learn how to use a computer at the "cabane a sucre" :lol
cabane.jpg

NJ Shlice

armubaba said:
Run that baby through a trash compactor and you'll get a more accurate representation of a McDonald's burger.....*shudders*....

This is the truth, but as I'm driving there this picture is what I'll be bracing myself for

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Wow, i didn't know people in Quebec used computers. You can't be a native. Are you an immigrant from somewhere else, such as the wonderful Oregon, home of GhaleonEB?
IIRC, in early PC days Quebec government pushed for deployment of non-standard PCs made in France (in government offices, public schools, etc.) Changing all those PCs to standard ones in early 90's cost tax payers a lot of money.

WHAT THE FUCK?

The day I leave Seattle Bungie decides to throw a Halo 3 Orgy Party?

*cries in the corner*

At least I have internet access in this hotel though so i can be updated on what happens this week.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Has anyone ever eaten at one "Phantastic Burger?" My local Great Steak Escape, in my mall, got closed down for this "witty" restaurant...

;_;

At least bring back A&W Foods...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Karma Kramer said:
WHAT THE FUCK?

*cries in the corner*

At least I have internet access in this hotel though so i can be updated on what happens this week.

Wow. Talk about a cock-block. :(

M3wThr33

Banned
Gadfly said:
Fixed it for you.
You call rain on just about every weekend in August nice?

Edit: I have to make sure people do not get funny ideas about moving to Seattle. It's really overcrowded now.

Yeah, just to reiterate, while the summers here CAN be nice, the rest of the year is fucking miserable gray gloom. I'm not joking.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
It hit 105 degrees in St. Louis last week. A little cloud cover would have been amazing. Also, St. Louis is in Missouri. Suck it down.

armubaba

I am extremely jealous of all you Northwesterners right now. Damnit Bungie, make the next one in San Francisco.

:(

Dartastic said:
That actually made me want to go to Burgerville tonight for dinner. Mmmmm... Burgerville... :D

Although I've never been to Burgerville, nothing compares to thew sheer awesome that is In-N-Out. True story.

Blueblur1

Karma Kramer said:
WHAT THE FUCK?

*cries in the corner*

Such is life. I can't go either. Another reason to load up H2 yet again.

Dartastic

armubaba said:
I am extremely jealous of all you Northwesterners right now. Damnit Bungie, make the next one in San Francisco.

Although I've never been to Burgerville, nothing compares to the sheer awesome that is In-N-Out. True story.

Truuuuuuuue story.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Blueblur1 said:
Such is life. I can't go either. Another reason to load up H2 yet again.

I just finished up Halo 2 for the night. Boy, does the emulation for the 360 blow cocks.

TDG

Banned
Well, you guys have been incredibly unexciting, except for Ghaleon. I'm returning to my vacation soon, but before I go, I need you all to vote:

When TDG was gone, I...

1. F5ed sadly, hoping that he'd be back soon.

2. Cried.

3. Didn't care.

4. Celebrated.

Dartastic

Well, you guys have been incredibly unexciting, except for Ghaleon. I'm returning to my vacation soon, but before I go, I need you all to vote:

When TDG was gone, I...

2. Cried.

3. Didn't care.

4. Celebrated.

I choose number 2, and number 5. Number 5 is "Played Super Metroid." I also cried because I can't make it to this event tomorrow, due to the fact that I'm working until 6, therefore rendering me unable to make it to Seattle in time for this "first come first serve" seating. Stupid work.

armubaba

When TDG was gone, I...

2. Cried.

3. Didn't care.

4. Celebrated.

1 and 2....

:(

COME BACK SOON!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
HallwayGiant said:
Does it? I haven't had any problems except for weird texture issues occasionally during campaign.

I'm having all kinds of ghosting issues during the latter levels. It's makes some of the darker areas really tough to play through. :(

TDG

Banned
urk said:
I'm having all kinds of ghosting issues during the latter levels. It's makes some of the darker areas really tough to play through. :(
I've noticed that, at times, square sections of the screen get very blurry.

Wolffen

urk said:
I just finished up Halo 2 for the night. Boy, does the emulation for the 360 blow cocks.

Big floppy Brute cocks at that.

Happens to me in multiplayer as well. =/

armubaba

urk said:

Good to know I'm not the only one. I also get weird blocks showing up on far away textures.

But yeah, after re-completing Halo 2, I'm going through Halo: CE. Man, Halo 1 is awesome. Much better than I expected it to be. The AR just feels so right, the score (which, IMO, kicks the crap outta Halo 2's) drops in and out at the perfect time, the levels feel EPIC, the design is top knotch, and the story is badass.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
armubaba said:
Good to know I'm not the only one. I also get weird blocks showing up on far away textures.

But yeah, after re-completing Halo 2, I'm going through Halo: CE. Man, Halo 1 is awesome. Much better than I expected it to be. The AR just feels so right, the score (which, IMO, kicks the crap outta Halo 2's) drops in and out at the perfect time, the levels feel EPIC, the design top knotch, and the story is badass.

Yeah, I know it's not going to win me any points with Ghaleon, but the original is the better of the two. I agree with you on all points. I could do without all the buttrock in Halo 2, though I do think the bits Marty shines on are his best work aside from the Flinstones jingle and I'm assuming, the Halo 3 soundtrack.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
armubaba said:

But yeah, after re-completing Halo 2, I'm going through Halo: CE. Man, Halo 1 is awesome. Much better than I expected it to be. The AR just feels so right, the score (which, IMO, kicks the crap outta Halo 2's) drops in and out at the perfect time, the levels feel EPIC, the design is top knotch, and the story is badass.
So true.

From what I can remember about the Beta, the feel of the game does lean more towards the original than it does Halo 2. I absolutely can't wait to play campaign. There's a section in the E3 campaign video where the Chief is engaged in an outdoor battle involving the Warthog, a few Choppers, and a Wraith or two - several shots show the Warthog spinning around and careening through the air. It's those clips that get me absolutely pumped for this game.

I see myself playing through those sections over and over again - I do it now on Halo 1, by myself, so with the grander scale of the battles, and the ability to play it with you guys, I know it'll just be fantastic.

Dartastic said:
Wait a fucking second. How was he involved with the Flinstones?

It's true, he composed the jingle for Flinstones vitamins. That's why it's in the Bungie podcast. "We're the Flinstones Kids..."

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it x2.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cocopjojo said:
So true.

From what I can remember about the Beta, the feel of the game does lean more towards the original than it does Halo 2. I absolutely can't wait to play campaign. There's a section in the E3 campaign video where the Chief is engaged in an outdoor battle involving the Warthog, a few Choppers, and a Wraith or two - several shots show the Warthog spinning around and careening through the air. It's those clips that get me absolutely pumped for this game.

I see myself playing through those sections over and over again - I do it now on Halo 1, by myself, so with the grander scale of the battles, and the ability to play it with you guys, I know it'll just be fantastic.

actually... if you look closely... the warthog was completely empty :lol

it was probably either wraith slammed or grav hammered

urk said:
I could do without all the buttrock in Halo 2, though I do think the bits Marty shines on are his best work aside from the Flinstones jingle and I'm assuming, the Halo 3 soundtrack.
Yup, still awaiting that tiny piece of the Halo 3 puzzle.

And by tiny I mean eagerly anticipated.

Dirtbag

Damn, I'm uber jealous!!!

Are these videos going to be available to stream/download for those of us who can't make it?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
actually... if you look closely... the warthog was completely empty :lol

it was probably either wraith slammed or grav hammered
Yeah, I know - that makes it even cooler, hah, that it was just getting thrown around.

Earlier in the video, there's a clip of the Chief and a Fuel Rod Cannon-toting marine, as well as a gunner, getting some air in a 'hog. And directly before the part you're talking about, there's a Warthog getting thrown through the air and it does have a marine on it - the video is cut so that it appears that it's that same Warthog that's shown to be empty, but if you watch it there's a gunner in the first Warthog.

I can't wait to play through that battle.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
When we get eventual sales figures for Halo3 vs MP3, lets keep mind that Nintendo has decided to spend ~ $20 advertising the latter, while Microsoft is spending closer to the region of $20 billion. (yes, I know its not that much, but its for effect. You get my point.)

Slurpy said:
When we get eventual sales figures for Halo3 vs MP3, lets keep mind that Nintendo has decided to spend ~ $20 advertising the latter, while Microsoft is spending closer to the region of $20 billion.

Who said anything about sales figures? I don't think many people around here will care about sales figures. :D

Ramirez

Slurpy said:
When we get eventual sales figures for Halo3 vs MP3, lets keep mind that Nintendo has decided to spend ~ $20 advertising the latter, while Microsoft is spending closer to the region of $20 billion. (yes, I know its not that much, but its for effect. You get my point.)

WTF?

armubaba

Slurpy said:

Where the hell did that come from, lolz.

Voltron64

Slurpy said:

oh, ok.

Gadfly

Anybody knows if they are going to demo co-op on split screen or full screen?

Gadfly

Slurpy said:
Who gives a shit?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The Lamonster said:
Are you guys planning on doing co-op or going solo the first time?

btw I'm talking about the campaign, not secks.

Solo all the way through at least once. Then mix it up with some MP and Co-op.

Top Bottom