• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Media blow out

Coolwhip

Banned
Looks great. But one thing I wonder: with all these bullshots, will people even see a difference when ps720 screenshots hit the web? Everyone is used to super smooth high-res pictures already.

TheD

The Detective
I really don't like the forward unto dawn screenshot.

That class of ship is meant to be a lot smaller than that (based on the view of it in Halo 3 and the last level of Reach.)

Thoraxes

Looks great. But one thing I wonder: with all these bullshots, will people even see a difference when ps720 screenshots hit the web? Everyone is used to super smooth high-res pictures already.

Regardless of platform, there are still plenty of games that look like shit when screens are taken because of the way the game is.

Fuck, I am hyped for a Halo game and I don't even play multiplayer because of XBL.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
"Halo 4 is almost a lock to become the best-selling first-party Xbox game of the year (surprisingly, Minecraft is likely to come in second place). It’s also the most important. Sure, Call of Duty: Black Ops II will probably sell more copies, but Halo 4 will set the tone for the new Master Chief trilogy and give the franchise significant momentum heading into Halo 5 on the next-generation Xbox…Unless it doesn’t, that is. But if the two-mission taste of Halo 4’s campaign I got is any indication, both the series – and our collective Halo fandom – are in good hands at 343i"

Even though this is coming from IGN, It really does help my mindset.

I feared the change. While open to try it, i was definitely feeling some doubts. While i still am cautious about jumping in the water of 343, I'm more eager than ever for those baby steps.

TheOddOne

igr4n4eq5SeXq.gif

Pixels

I want to hate this game, but it looks so gorgeous. I guess I'll have to play it even though I hate someone on the dev team LOL

Tenck

Only game that is making me think about buying an Xbox360. Played the first Halo to death, and have skipped all the other ones. Maybe it's time to revisit the franchise.

blamite

Not sure how I feel about the Killcam and final kill replay.

Final Kill is great. I see no reason to hate it.

Individual killcams could be questionable, but they seem to only be used for Dominion (no gameplay of slayer or CTF has ever included them), so it should be fine in the grand scheme of things.

Squire

Banned
I really want this. Never played a Halo (well, I have Reach on my HDD), but they seem to be really taking those people into consideration and I love a strong focus on narrative.

Kibbles

Wait, from the polygon preview, Spartan Ops/vehicle spoilers:
"While 343i gave a taste of Spartan Ops at E3, this time they showed off a more vehicle oriented skirmish scenario called "Land Grab" that ultimately climaxed in three Scarab tanks bombarding Covenant positions with plasma explosions"
Are we talking Scarabs Scarabs here or did they confuse vehicles? That sounds too awesome to be true.

God I hope they didn't confuse
Scarabs for Wraiths
, sounds like they did though.

I still can't get over how good this game looks.. The art direction is sublime. This might be the best looking console game for me. I do still have to see it with my own eyes though. But it seems a big leap beyond Halo 3 and the halos after.

Elginer

So how the hell is this being pulled out of the 360? Did they find an additional GPU in there or something?

God I hope they didn't confuse
Scarabs for Wraiths
, sounds like they did though.
Probably, considering they state a bit later:
What I haven't seen is a level with a similar sense of scale to Halo 3's twin Scarab battle, or Reach's various aerial-oriented missions.
Damn, Reach already blue balled me on that front. :(

tci

Looks quite good for that hardware.

I thought I was finished with the Halo franchise after Halo 3. Might give this a try, eventually. Seems these guys have a bit more vision than Bungie ever had.

TUROK

Goddamn, the architecture is incredible. I wish the 360 had a little more juice to it, to give the game a better AA implementation, because these screens look incredible.

Jackals look like dinosaurs now... Alright, I can dig it.

I don't think enough can be said about how good this looks. Not just visually, it just looks super fun. But it looks crazy good visually also.

TUROK

That area in the 26 second mark in the Gamespot video looks awful. What the hell is going on there?

Top Bottom