• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Media blow out

Kibbles

iJBOODJSRgXD0.gif

acm2000

doesnt even look the same gen as bungies 3 halos, id be pretty embarassed with their work if i was them, 343 have mullered their faces

TUROK

I'm seeing a lot of bad textures in the environment in the Gamespot video. I think people should manage their expectations on the graphics a bit.

IHaveIce

Banned
wake up- go Gaf - go Halo OT- see Media blow out- see vids and sreens

Holy shit. This game looks incrediblethe campaign is beautiful. The skyboxes, the space area damn.

Dominion looks a little bit lie a better Terretories, weird that Kill Cams are only in this mode?

New map "Solace" is right now a little bit confusing, it looks also a little bit too big for 4 vs 4, but probably the sizes hanged because of sprint everything has to be bigger.
But I'm happy we got another symmetrical map.

derFeef

I'm seeing a lot of bad textures in the environment in the Gamespot video. I think people should manage their expectations on the graphics a bit.

I don't think anyone is particularly impressed with the textures itself, more the overall look and art direction. The complete image is just great.

Seems these guys have a bit more vision than Bungie ever had.

How can you say that? Bungie envisioned the whole thing in the first place, 343i is building upon those foundations. I'm as impressed with 343i's work as the next guy, but we can show our appreciation without being disrespectful to Bungie. They're the ones who gave us the Halo universe and established the series' visual (and more importantly, gameplay) direction. What we've seen of Halo 4 so far seems like a very well executed evolution.

Indeed. All that Bungie has ever done was creating that universe from scratch, but now the guns sound different! Also, robot monsters!

Exactly.

JB1981

Wow did not know they added Killcam, weapon camo and a final kill Killcam (plus perks). Damn COD all up in this bitch

Riposte

Indeed. All that Bungie has ever done was creating that universe from scratch, but now the guns sound different! Also, robot monsters!

Don't forget about the killcam and killstreaks, that's pretty original!

No one answered me before, but aside from classes, are there leveling/progression mechanics in multiplayer?

No one answered me before, but aside from classes, are there leveling/progression mechanics in multiplayer?
It is CoD-lite. You get XP for doin' stuff, the XP levels you up over time, levels unlock weapons and perks you can combine in loadouts, and you can choose among these different loadouts while dead.

Game looks phenomenal. Hype please don't disappoint.

It is CoD-lite. You get XP for doin' stuff, the XP levels you up over time, levels unlock weapons and perks you can combine in loadouts, and you can choose among these different loadouts while dead.

This^ and...
When you level up you earn Spartan Points to spend on the cosmetic items.

thuway

MS will you please release a PC port of this game :'(. I will buy the Xbox version day 1, but I need this shit with SSAA, 16X AF, HBAO, and egregious amounts of motion blur.

itsgreen

MS will you please release a PC port of this game :'(. I will buy the Xbox version day 1, but I need this shit with SSAA, 16X AF, HBAO, and egregious amounts of motion blur.

I'm still betting that the 720 will launch with a directors cut version of Halo 4

giantbomb.com said:
For a big-budget shooter that sells millions of copies, Halo always struck me as a series with an oddly high degree of quirk, from the manic, childish screaming of the grunts to the UNSC's bizarre ship-naming conventions to the fact that so many of your weapons are purple. There's a lot about Halo that's just weird.

I always thought Halo took a lot of inspiration from Iain Banks' Culture novels, and the ship names are among the best parts of this.

You know, back in 2005 when Microsoft was introducing Xbox 360 with games like Perfect Dark Zero and PGR 3, with all those Xbox 1.5 comments on message boards... Who could have predicted something like this? It's amazing how far we've come.

Good job, 343i, good job.

Monocle

God, could the narrator in that "How to Kill Prometheans with Promethean guns" video be more fucking annoying? You're not witty and you're not amusing. Drop the amateur comedy act and do your damn job.

That aside, I love what I'm seeing and hearing.

Hot damn, Culture has some good ship names.
"Of Course I Still Love You" and "God Told Me to Do It." Lol! I should read these books.

You know, back in 2005 when Microsoft was introducing Xbox 360 with games like Perfect Dark Zero and PGR 3, with all those Xbox 1.5 comments on message boards... Who could have predicted something like this? It's amazing how far we've come.

Good job, 343i, good job.

Happens constantly. GoW II was a big "how the fuck...ps2...wut?" Resistance to Last of Us and GoW Ascension for PS3 and PDZ, etc. to Halo 4 for the 360.

It's not even the most technically stunning game on consoles, that's the funny part of it all. It really just boils down to a better lighting/shading system and the fact the game actually has an art style now. The Retro Studios talent is flowing through this games veins and it really shows how much wasted potential the engine for Halo has been up until now. It's a hell of a far cry away from Halo 3 where it was bloom central. The big improvement is just how much can happen on screen now.

Good stuff.

Flipyap

"Of Course I Still Love You" and "God Told Me to Do It." Lol! I should read these books.

"I Blame My Mother" and "I Blame Your Mother" and a name written in small print and "Another Fine Product From The Nonsense Factory" and I would really like to hear a commander-type try to hail starship "Ravished By The Sheer Implausibility Of That Last Statement".
So this is what happiness feels like. Huh.

Monocle

I have to admit, I'm really pleased about the addition of the killcam. I can't tell you how many times I've been steamrolled in previous Halos with not a clue what happened. It's frustrating when I can't learn from my deaths. I'm extremely wary of 343's liberal adoption of COD features in Halo 4, but the killcam is one that I can get behind without reservation.

"I Blame My Mother" and "I Blame Your Mother" and a name written in small print and "Another Fine Product From The Nonsense Factory" and I would really like to hear a commander-type try to hail starship "Ravished By The Sheer Implausibility Of That Last Statement".
So this is what happiness feels like. Huh.
Great stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely going to check out this series.

pswii60

Refreshing art along with a clean and colourful look. Some of the effects they've used make it look absolutely mind-blowing in motion.

And I'll repeat: refreshing. It doesn't look like just another shooter. It doesn't even look like just another Halo.

Top Bottom