• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Multiplayer Media (Spartan Ops & War Games)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Agree, the weapons sound pretty weak across the board.

The turret sounds particularly soft.

iCFKYiUYywoqX.gif

Yeah, kind of sounds like a full auto paintball gun to be honest....

jediyoshi

i dont mind sparklies but i didnt see all the deaths in sparkles. so i figured it was an unlock like the viva pinata deaths in Reach.

I'm guessing it's if you get killed by one of the new dude's weapons, ala the elite in the sp demonstration.

KageMaru

They decided to put multiplayer into the fiction, making Halo 4 MP simulations played in the spaceship, as shown in the trailer.

I figure they disintegrated into sparks since they were killed by a forerunner weapon. Don't remember any sparks by people killed by BR.

Woorloog

Banned
I figure they disintegrated into sparks since they were killed by a forerunner weapon. Don't remember any sparks by people killed by BR.

That is the case. Forerunner weapons disintegrate, it seems. Fridge brilliance really, their weapons are meant to be anti-Flood.

This just reaffirms what I said before: it's the best-looking game on the 360

Yep, jaw dropped literally as soon as I first saw it. I didn't think my jaw could drop at a current-gen game, especially not 6.5 years in to the cycle. God of War on PS2 was probably the last time that happened so late in to a cycle.

Teppic

Still really skeptical about this new type of Halo gameplay. Has there been any word of four player split screen?

BigTnaples

Upper pick still looks good tbh, it's just the jaggies what made it look bad while playing.

Halo 3 was a great looking game aside from Resolution and AA.(and human faces)

When you take those disadvantages away, the game is stunning to this day.

Dat Lighting/Textures/Water Physics.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh wait, it just clicked. That's a Halo in the background! At first I thought, yeah a Halo, but then a realized that there probably shouldn't be one there.

watership

343i really overshot my expectations and I couldn't be happier. But it's really weird to see people so stoked about Halo 4, outside of the standard Halo fans. I wonder if this excitement will seep into the general gaming public.

I am sure its not, but it is not old art either.

So it is new art for Halo 4 that includes a new planet, and a Halo ring...

That is big news I would think...

Thats the main planet that hes on in the demo, its not new. And the game is called Halo, you really thought there wouldnt be a Halo in there.

BigTnaples

Thats the main planet that hes on in the demo, its not new. And the game is called Halo, you really thought there wouldnt be a Halo in there.

That does not look like the shield world at all. The planet you are on is a metalic sphere with a huge opening. The "surface" is inside...

And I guess I assumed we would see another Halo at some point, there are after all 6 still out there.(as far as I can recall...) but not so soon. (in Halo 5-6)

Still for something they have not talked about, seems odd to give it away in a title screen. Even if it was obvious. They tend to let every bit of information out in a controlled manor.

I found the Halo games to look pretty underwhelming this generation, especially when compared to the graphically fantastic Halo and Halo 2 on the Xbox where they really led the way.

However Halo 4 looks like its taking the franchise back into the top tier of 360 games in terms of graphics. The new forerunner weapons also look fantastic as do the enemies themselves. Really impressive.

Satchel

Banned
That does not look like the shield world at all. The planet you are on is a metalic sphere with a huge opening. The "surface" is inside...

And I guess I assumed we would see another Halo at some point, there are after all 6 still out there.(as far as I can recall...) but not so soon. (in Halo 5-6)

Still for something they have not talked about, seems odd to give it away in a title screen. Even if it was obvious. They tend to let every bit of information out in a controlled manor.

I think they assumed that it would be obvious that Halo would have Halos.

GhaleonEB

Seriously

e32012halo4chiefhero3jpg-3a2f4c.jpg

I see a Scorpion, a Warthog, three Ghosts and a Wraith on a pretty big multi-level battlefield. One of my great disappointments in Reach was the lack of decent sized vehicle battles; looks like that won't be an issue with Halo 4. Yummy.

Edit: for those asking in the other thread about the Falcons, they are in the sky just under the ship (Infinity?).

I was hoping the Ghost would sound more powerful since they hyped up the sounds so much. Also the Warthog turret sound seems crappy too

BigTnaples

I see a Scorpion, a Warthog, three Ghosts and a Wraith on a pretty big multi-level battlefield. One of my great disappointments in Reach was the lack of decent sized vehicle battles; looks like that won't be an issue with Halo 4. Yummy.

Don't forget 3 Falcons and a flagship UNSC vessel!

both these Promethean knights are holding unrevealed weapons. the top one isn't the light rifle, there's no floating scope and the handles different. possibly assault rifle counterpart? the second one is really long, I'm assuming its a Promethean sniper rifle.

both these Promethean knights are holding unrevealed weapons. the top one isn't the light rifle, there's no floating scope and the handles different. possibly assault rifle counterpart? the second one is really long, I'm assuming its a Promethean sniper rifle.
The weapons do construct themselves and shift around depending upon who is using them. Could be the same weapons we've already seen?

Edit: Holy gifpocalypse ^^^^. You even managed to slow down my work machine with those.

Vire

I think I see a 4th one above the butt of the BR. Might just be background stuff as the other games have done to portray larger battles, but it's great to see the Falcon back.

I loved the Falcon in 3! One of my favorite levels in all of Halo is "The Covenant" where you had the Falcon fly around.

In fact, all this excitement about Halo has me itching to replay 3 again.

Question: Are the Spartan Ops maps different from the multiplayer maps? Does each episode have a unique map?

GhaleonEB

I loved the Falcon in 3! One of my favorite levels in all of Halo is "The Covenant" where you had the Falcon fly around.

In fact, all this excitement about Halo has me itching to replay 3 again.

Question: Are the Spartan Ops maps different from the multiplayer maps? Does each episode have a unique map?
That was the Hornet, the Falcon is the one from Reach.

Spartan Op maps are not MP maps, apparently new spaces for the mode.

Top Bottom