• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Multiplayer Media (Spartan Ops & War Games)

GhaleonEB

New news, new thread:

343 is showing off multiplayer at E3 today, and just release videos focused on War Games (traditional multiplayer), Spartan Ops (co-op mode) and Infinity Multiplayer (the surrounding fictional and UI packaging to the two MP modes).

Update: Tons of new information was added to the Waypoint site, use the menu at the bottom of the pate to navigate the sections.

Videos:

Halo War Games

Halo Spartan Ops

Halo 4 Infinity Multiplayer

7K0sC.jpg

jbw9qTcyaBsImI.jpg

e32012_halo4_pvp2.jpg

e32012_halo4_pvp3.jpg

jXaOKiNWOaYHZ.jpg

jpcDNV6quVEFs.jpg

jB1y1zuCtiCG5.jpg

jbmHaqogONWEUp.jpg

jbYntcrlNvqms.jpg

jeRgi97sZp4nH.jpg

jb13zbrQLxeOd1.jpg

jIPAE5Ry6T9aH.jpg

jlMrShsyZBW2P.jpg

joVBEW6pBehbd.jpg

jxng6hFQJUWbO.jpg

This game's got a STELLAR art direction. Who's the guy responsible for such great environment and character designs? MS should cover him in gold

MMaRsu

Banned
The crosshair is ugly, the font is ugly and the popping up text that says kill is ugly.

Aside from that it actually looks like good old halo, although a shitton faster.

Pollux

This game has gone above and beyond every single expectation I had. 343 shot for the moon and blew the damn thing up.

Vire

Holy fuck at those screenshots!

I said it in the other thread but aside from the fantastic visuals, the audio is a little lacking when it comes to certain sound effects (chain gun and warthog standout). Hopefully they can get that a little punchier before release but other than that really ace work.

So impressed!

I have what might be a great, or very stupid question but its confusing me.

If Infinity is the name of the ship the MP takes place in, and we see it crashing in that SP demo.....what exactly happens with the MP. Does it stop working! :p

No but seriously, what.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy fuck at those screenshots!

I said it in the other thread but aside from the fantastic visuals, the audio is a little lacking when it comes to certain sound effects (chain gun and warthog standout). Hopefully they can get that a little punchier before release but other than that really ace work.

So impressed!

This.

The DMR should sound like a rifle. Right now it does not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_GruYTaJk

vs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKDtMHzM6J8#t=41s

Petrichor

If Infinity is the name of the ship the MP takes place in, and we see it crashing in that SP demo.....what exactly happens with the MP. Does it stop working! :p

No but seriously, what.

Multiplayer seems to be set after the events of Halo 4.

The lack of music makes these trailers boring
You got that right. Just doesn't feel like Halo without some stirring Marty tunes. But we're not even hearing the new stuff for Halo 4 outside of a few bits here and there and none too iconic or impressive yet.

No but seriously, what.

Some 343 employee said the infinity will leave the planet during the campaign and that the spartan ops missions could very well function like bridge between Halo 4 and 5, story wise.

JonCha

Still not convinced on select one of three weapons from the ordance drop, and how balanced that will be. Aside from that, everything looks great.

Personally think the MP looks like a lot of fun. But I thought Reach was fun too. However I want to try it out.

I hope Spartan Ops will be a success. It looks like mini campaign mission.

Man, when i first heard about Bungie leaving i was very worried, but after seeing all this, campaign, MP & Spec Ops stuff, im more excited about what 343 are doing now than what Bungie did. Well done 343! And best of all, it looks and sounds amazing.

KageMaru

This game's got a STELLAR art direction. Who's the guy responsible for such great environment and character designs? MS should cover him in gold

That would be Kenneth Scott, Sparth, and the rest of the art team.

It's the new art and lighting that contribute most to the graphics.

Sojgat

I think the character and armor designs look really awful, and the environments just look like standard Halo stuff. Nice graphics are nice, but I don't get all the love for this at all.

bangai-o

Banned
They decided to put multiplayer into the fiction, making Halo 4 MP simulations played in the spaceship, as shown in the trailer.

i dont mind sparklies but i didnt see all the deaths in sparkles. so i figured it was an unlock like the viva pinata deaths in Reach.

Top Bottom