• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Want to know what is torture? Having the game show up on your door early while working from home but NOT BEING ABLE TO OPEN IT BECAUSE YOU ARE WORKING.

Arrgghh

Least im going tonight to get my console.

Take what you just said and add that my LE was sitting at my door since last week Friday, while I left mere hours before it arrived and I won't be able to play it till I get back in just under 2 weeks.

But considering why I'm here, it's all good.

jediyoshi

vEqG7.jpg

>:|

J-Roderton

Anyone been running any CTF yet? I think I'm looking forward to that the most out of MP. I'm a sucker for objective matches.

S1kkZ

How would you rate Halo 4´s campaign in comparison to the other Halo campaigns?

How is the framerate? Better than Anniversary`s?

puh, thats a hard one. i would say its a mix between halo 3 and halo 1.

framerate is much better than reach or anniversary. aside from 1 section in the second level, its mostly solid 30 fps.

daedalius

Huh - not very deep. I wonder if/when that'll change?

(lol - mouse over the question mark next to 'Top Medals'. Looks like they're not QUITE done yet. :) )

That's just the overview, I had to type in his name when I was searching for my own profile to actually get a more complete listing.

S1kkZ

spartan ops handles the soundtrack so much better than the campaign. the music swells up much more and takes centerstage when there is a great battle coming up. the campaign seems almost afraid of the (fantastic) score.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm currently attempting to do two weeks of homework and studying tonight so I won't feel bad when I play Halo 4 all week. Not goin too well

I'd start by closing off all web-browsers that you don't need, like GAF, and actually if it were me I wouldn't even be doing the homework at home, way too many distractions in my room.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I walked about a mile and a half to see the London Halo 4 "spectacle", which turned out to be a helicopter carrying a light sign, and a dude in a Masterchief suit. I also got a flyer advertising the Halo 4 OST. Best launch event ever.

I'd start by closing off all web-browsers that you don't need, like GAF, and actually if it were me I wouldn't even be doing the homework at home, way too many distractions in my room.

Yep. This was my quick break while I ate dinner, and now back off into homework land. If anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is CracknutWhirrun, same as my GAF name. I have some really fond memories of having like half my friends list all playing Halo 2 at the same time, trying to make that happen again. Anyway, see you all on the other side!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I walked about a mile and a half to see the London Halo 4 "spectacle", which turned out to be a helicopter carrying a light sign, and a dude in a Masterchief suit. I also got a flyer advertising the Halo 4 OST. Best launch event ever.

I thought they were doing stuff at Westfield?

puh, thats a hard one. i would say its a mix between halo 3 and halo 1.

framerate is much better than reach or anniversary. aside from 1 section in the second level, its mostly solid 30 fps.

Give me your campaign ranking (including Halo 4, of course). :D

My ranking is:

1. Halo 1
2. Halo 3
3. Reach
4. Halo 2

I didn`t play ODST.

Yeah, I saw the video of the Didact sign and thought "Surely there has to be more to this?"

Give me your campaign ranking (including Halo 4, of course). :D

My ranking is:

1. Halo 1
2. Halo 3
3. Reach
4. Halo 2

I didn`t play ODST.
Right now I'm feeling like this about the campaigns: CE, ODST, 4 (pending), Reach, 3, 2

One major aspect that I didn't like about Reach's campaign that 4 has a leg up on is that you were constantly accompanied by invulnerable AI buddies in the form of Noble Team. No such thing here.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Works fine - but I'm guessing only from a mobile device. :( (I can bring it up on my desktop, but the menus on the left don't work.)

Time to get a mobile device, I guess. :(

Oh weird, works on my desktop machine. What browser are you using?

is there any place that shows all the total medal counts (not just the top and total number)? The old Reach player pages were great to easily see total stats but I can't seem to find where to look at the actual medals and how many of what anywhere when looking at another player (even through Waypoint).

I guess I'm asking if all the very specific stat stuff is up anywhere yet or is it coming later after proper launch?

Bullza2o

Looks like my Newegg copy is arriving tomorrow (departed Memphis en route to Chicago). The only problem is I myself won't be arriving home until Friday :(

I'm really worried about the way weapon drops work in this as opposed to previous installments with set weapons placed around the map. I absolutely loved weapon placement, it reminded me of older FPS games (in a good way):

Forbes said:
There is almost no reason to ever take a close-range assault rifle as anyone with a battle rifle or DMR will headshot you by the time you get anywhere near them to use it in nearly all the maps. As such, despite this illusion of choice, players are forced into the same two or three kits, though potentially dozens exist.

Then there's the issue of rarely ever getting a weapon change in a 4v4 match:

Forbes said:
And there’s no more than a handful of them on the map at any given time in most slayer modes, and even things like grenades, once bountiful on any map, only spawn selectively. As such, you’ll be lucky if in a 4v4 team game, you get a gun other than your starting weapon more than a couple times, which can make for some rather boring matches as everyone just trades headshots with the battle rifle or DMR.

this is massively upsetting, especially with the inclusion of a remake of Valhalla. Few grenades? Vehicle dominance and a majority of battles being DMR/BR exchanges? Tell me it aint so - what have people experienced? Think a title update would add a playlist with classic weapon spawn?

Top Bottom