• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

The only thing that matters to get a new purchase from me is the online MP needs to stay viable for longer than 5 minutes. If the design changes kill the MP like with Halo 4, I wait and pick up a cheap used copy for SP. If the changes dont matter enough to effect the population ill pick it up much sooner.

Montresor

Well it does in every other game so there was a reason to believe to would be so here. Everyone overreacted in hindsight of course but they were going off what we all know.

WAIT WHAT???? EVERYONE REACTED IN HINDSIGHT?? Omg lol. Does that mean it is already confirmed that there will be no hip firing accuracy penalties? If so fucking LOL.

DAT WALL OF SHAME. The first 40 pages are now nothing but mindless bitching. :lol Hindsight damned. :lol

BriGuy

I don't see how 343i including ADS and sprinting is going to ruin Halo 5. It's their shitty story-telling that's going to ruin Halo 5.

Nzyme32

WAIT WHAT???? EVERYONE REACTED IN HINDSIGHT?? Omg lol. Does that mean it is already confirmed that there will be no hip firing accuracy penalties? If so fucking LOL.

DAT WALL OF SHAME. The first 40 pages are bow nothing but mindless bitching. :lol Hindsight damned. :lol

Except me asking why people came to that conclusion, and suggesting maybe nothing changed with hip firing - and I got laughable slammed for it :p

Webhead

Banned
8HeMpc3.png

Descope confirmation.

Can someone explain what descoping is?

FatMarshall

Neo Member
One positive thing to notice is that AAs are nonexistent, which is just something to remember. I'm sure 343 won't make the mistake of not letting us disable things like sprint.

I swear to god though if LT is now the default scope button, I won't be happy.

No matter the case regarding this "leak" and Halo 5 I am surprised 343 and Microsoft did not give the MCC a few weeks to breathe before releasing official info (tomorrow) and gameplay footage of the next big entry in the series.

Proelite

Why are people even angry about what happens to Halo 5? You can play Halos 1-4 at 1080p 60fps on dedis all you want.

I say let 343 do whatever they want to the franchise since we already have the perfect Halos.

Secret Owl

Neo Member
Including ADS is a fundamental change to one of the consistent aspects of why I've enjoyed playing the series. How is it going to be "not COD-style"?

Did we watch the same clips? I can see ADS. Where's the other info from?

All the tweets and stuff. Basically ADS is there but isn't like CoD where ADS puts you at an advantage over hip fire, ADS in Halo 5 acts the same way as hip fire, it's just there to cater to an eSports crowd (apparently).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It would be cool if Locke takes off his helmet at the end to reveal Raiden.

This was all a simulation. All of videogames is part of MGS canon.

Im sorry, but you cant be serious.

Beta's these days aren't meant find out if you like primary features like that or not. theyre usually for server tests at the most, or feature TWEAKS.

Betas are mainly for marketing hype, etc.

So if you think theyre just gonna say " Hmmm. They don't like ADS. Lets remove it." Im sorry for your impending disappointment.

Most betas nowdays don't come out an entire year before the game releases....
This isn't just for server test.

Jito

Banned
All the tweets and stuff. Basically ADS is there but isn't like CoD where ADS puts you at an advantage over hip fire, ADS in Halo 5 acts the same way as hip fire, it's just there to cater to an eSports crowd (apparently).

Ok that doesn't sound that terrible, will wait to see it in action more. What's the explanation behind sprint? It ruined the flow of Halo 4.

I don't see how 343i including ADS and sprinting is going to ruin Halo 5. It's their shitty story-telling that's going to ruin Halo 5.

I dunno. Halo 4's story and SP campaign are pretty awesome in my book. I haven't bothered with MP since I picked the game up recently for cheap.

Did we watch the same clips? I can see ADS. Where's the other info from?

Lol at patting 343 on the back for making Halo a Halo game again though. How kind of them.

That is basically a skin for scope, it works exactly like scope - no move speed hindrance, descope, etc. Read the rest of the thread before this, man.

Which still doesn't make sense lol. Case in point, CS, Quake and UT. It's more likely Shinobi just combined the points he heard first. Because in his later post he said
To re-clarify and just finish what I said, this person told me they want to get into the e-sports scene a lot with H5, or that it's a big goal. Small style arenas are a focal point. I asked if ADS was on all guns, replied "pretty much".

One positive thing to notice is that AAs are nonexistent, which is just something to remember. I'm sure 343 won't make the mistake of not letting us disable things like sprint.

I swear to god though if LT is now the default scope button, I won't be happy.

It logically wouldn't even make sense that it would be the default. It makes sense to keep it on the right stick click in as nothing has changed. Scoping in isn't an urgency like it is in cod.

Armor abilities may be hidden from the hud in the sense that they are tied to other actions, as shown by a list of possibly leaked "armor abilities" earlier in the thread.

Why are people even angry about what happens to Halo 5? You can play Halos 1-4 at 1080p 60fps on dedis all you want.

I say let 343 do whatever they want to the franchise since we already have the perfect Halos.

People just want to be mad about something.

343 is putting out a best of version of everyone's favorite games and injecting a shot of life into all of them with dedicated servers(mostly) and 60fps. So from now until the end of XBone people will have the best versions of the games they know and love. I don't get it either. It's like those who are yelling "give me something new and more and better, but don't change it" are YELLING the loudest. Beta is gonna be fun.

Mindwipe

I dunno. Halo 4's story and SP campaign are pretty awesome in my book. I haven't bothered with MP since I picked the game up recently for cheap.

Your book has terrible taste.

Halo 4's story was a disaster, as was the aesthetic design.

And ever since we saw Locke's armour we've known it wasn't going to be any better this time.

Ok that doesn't sound that terrible, will wait to see it in action more. What's the explanation behind sprint? It ruined the flow of Halo 4.

Haven't given an explanation, but if I had to guess it probably has to do with a lot of people finding it hard to play a FPS without some sort of sprint. TBF if you play CoD with sprint for three years straight going to a game w/o sprint seems slow and irritating as it takes forever to get anywhere.

I don't mind ADS on weapons as long as hip fire is viable and looking down a scope (2x/4x/10x) is still Halo esque.

People like ADS, for better or worse. If it's merely an aesthetic thing for certain weapons that can keep a certain audience there, and thus a higher population, then I'm all for it.

Trey

The over reactions in this thread before the clarification, jesus. I bet you're all embarrassed now.

I didn't overreact. No one who didn't threaten or personally insult the devs can be said to have overreacted. It was ADS, and it was in Halo. That's bad, and fans of the franchise are allowed to say as much.

Before the devs had to swoop in and provide clarification. We'll have to see on monday; at least they seem confident.

And ever since we saw Locke's armour we've known it wasn't going to be any better this time.

What's this "we" stuff, kemosabe? I like Halo 4's aesthetic direction, and the story. Granted, you had to be familiar with either the terminals or the books, and that is a problem. But still, far from universally bad.

Jito

Banned
Haven't given an explanation, but if I had to guess it probably has to do with a lot of people finding it hard to play a FPS without some sort of sprint. TBF if you play CoD with sprint for three years straight going to a game w/o sprint seems slow and irritating as it takes forever to get anywhere.

Guess those people shouldn't play Halo then? The games before Halo 4 did fine without it.

I liked both of those :(

Guess those people shouldn't play Halo then? The games before Halo 4 did fine without it.

Halo 3 and previous did well. Halo Reach added it in as an equipment. Plus they still have to court casuals who don't play hardcore and just want a FPS with a Halo name--making the best Halo possible for hardcore fans != making the best selling Halo possible, sadly.

I dont quite understand their explanation of the distinction.

Do they mean there's no difference in damage per second...or no difference in accuracy...or both?

I would think its pretty pointless to even have ADS if it doesn't offer a slight advantage to accuracy at range. Especially for e-sports why bother using it if you can't hit something a little more accurately? If anything, if that's the case its worse than pointless...its a detriment bc its slow to use and opens u up to getting shot when u slow down or stop to use it.

I guess I dont understand why theyd bother including ADS at all if its purely cosmetic.

I didn't overreact. No one who didn't threaten or personally insult the devs can be said to have overreacted. It was ADS, and it was in Halo. That's bad, and fans of the franchise are allowed to say as much.

Before the devs had to swoop in and provide clarification. We'll have to see on monday; at least they seem confident.

No, the embarrassing bit is all the people jumping to conclusions about the impact of a purely aesthetic change on gameplay.

Top Bottom