• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta preview [Game revolution] [Update: Big Screens]

abadguy

Banned
Gimmicks and trends are now considered the times? Fuck that.

So, I take these decisions are more due to other games then because they're trying to turn it into a Spartan simulator? Fuck.
Cept what they've shpwn so far doesn't look "gimmicky" in the least and actually add to the sandbox, the most controversal smart scope(aka ADS) was the most worrying before it was shown that it doesn't have to be used. This is far less of a departure from what makes a Halo game than 4 was.

Also people need to quit acting like AW was the first fps to have a booster pack. In fact Halo 4 had one.

Pachimari

I were never big on Halo. I dropped out with the release of Halo 2 because it wasn't really fun to me.

But the Halo 5 beta has me super excited, which totally surprised me as I have kept my distance from the franchise.

I dig the new abilities and to me I don't see a problem with Ground Punch and ADS. It takes a second or two before the pound launches from above.

The visuals are also super clean and the level we have seen in the beta could easily become one of my favorites in a shooter ever.

This alone combined with the Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive makes me want a Xbox One right away.

Top Bottom