• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Forge - First PC Gameplay (Custom Match + 4K Map Flythrough)

3065616-forge1.jpg

Via Gamespot

Custom Match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szinqz7lSMo
4K Flythrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIZkCZ_UQc

edit: New video from Gamespot

Halo 5 on PC - Everything you need to know (Shows forge in action among other things)

As someone who loves Halo 5 on the Xbox One, I say enjoy PC friends.

This may not include matchmaking, but I expect there to be a solid Halo community on PC Gaf and elsewhere playing this for free.

Keyouta

I thought this was just the map making component on PC for ease of use. It has multiplayer too? And it's free? It looks great, watching the gameplay.

Why, again, isn't MS releasing the entire game on PC at this point?

All the same, I'll give it a spin at some point (the Forge component, meaning).

They HAVE to get a server browser out there somehow.

If they put some way to play with randoms this could be a huge hit. Friends only and it will be pointless to the PC only crowd.

like it has been said countless times, this isnt the game, this is a pc accompanying app to allow forgers to forge from pc. you cant just push a button to magically turn a game from one platform to another.

it is free. i really doubt any publisher would be wasting money in porting a game to pc for free

Theorry

Testing the waters. Get some feedback how the game runs on alot of different PC's.
Its a free try for them without getting any backlash when it runs poor or doesnt work perfectly. And see what the can do for the future maybe with the full game.

Brannon

Well naturally there's full-ish multiplayer; gotta test the maps with a full load of players somehow.

Merely good times. Just jury rig some server browsers and BAM! Good times for all. And yeah sure, making maps for the xbone crowd, but very shortly there will be maps made to take advantage of the raw power of the PC.

And that will be the beginning of Great Times (tm).

omg they're gonna limit it aren't they

i think the physics are tied to 60fps.

Why would they do that? Seems quite a weird thing for a modern AAA game studio to do for a game engine in 2016. It also is quite limiting when you release your game to PC... not very friendly to the PC audience.

I hope it has an unlocked framerate.

Fret

Forge & Custom Games are the best parts of Halo guys, I'd love MM too but seriously this is a dream come true

Trup1aya

Why would they do that? Seems quite a weird thing for a modern AAA game studio to do for a game engine in 2016. It also is quite limiting when you release your game to PC... not very friendly to the PC audience.

The game wasn't planned for a PC release. It was designed around console parameters.

So the PC port is naturally going to have some console artifacts.

How will this work? Can you level up, gain weapons and stuff or what?

These will just have your standard 4v4 halo game modes. There's no leveling system, just standard custom games. Most game modes have weapons spawn in specific spots on the map, at set intervals.

This particular game mode spawns you with two random weapons.

robotrock

Banned

The game has a variable framerate on Xbox so I kinda doubt the physics are locked to 60fps.

jelly

The game has a variable framerate on Xbox so I kinda doubt the physics are locked to 60fps.

No, Variable resolution. It's always 60fps.

I hope 343 change the art design for the next game. There is lots of nice detail there but it still looks disappointing.

robotrock

Banned
No, Variable resolution. It's always 60fps.

I hope 343 change the art style for the next game.

It drops sometimes doesn't it? If the physics don't break under 60fps I imagine they won't break over it.

From back when it was revealed split-screen was removed.
Anyway yes, it's a bummer but 60fps had to take precedence. It's not just aesthetics- the entire simulation is built on that framerate.

Didn't know this. Interesting.

Noobcraft

It drops sometimes doesn't it? If the physics don't break under 60fps I imagine they won't break over it.
Very rarely. In Warzone Firefight with tons of AI on screen and multiple explosions it can hiccup but it's almost always 60fps in my experience.

Even moments like this don't noticeably drop frames.
plqf3gW.gif

Trup1aya

Didn't know this. Interesting.

The res drops instead of the framerate...

But in the 4v4 mode, I really don't think the system is ever stressed enough to drop anything...

In Warzone and BTB you'd get the occasional hiccup, but there's a lot more going on in those modes.

Top Bottom